JD cue repair, this guy is awesome

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I don't post much anymore, but I felt this should be shared. Joel Dadivas is a quality cue builder especially for the price, I think most know this already. Well I had a cue of his from 2011 that just never felt right. Turned out the cue was damaged on the inside, and I never knew. With some help I contacted Joel and asked if he could repair the cue, and he said he could. It took a several months but he went well above my expectations. I only asked him to repair the inside of the butt and replace a shaft that warped.

20150625_125722_edit_1447523621559.jpg

20150625_125729.jpg

So he fixed the butt, replaced the shaft, redid the clear coat, and gave me a new wrap.

20151114_114643.jpg

20151114_114713.jpg

I know the clear coat was redone because his signature on the cue moved.

The cue hits like a dream and I am so happy that he did me right. I look forward to having him build a personal design in the future.

This guy will not stiff you, he could have easily because I paid him upfront and shipped the cue. He kept his word and delivered well above expectations.

Thank you Joel!!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Robert58

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
How was it determined that the Cue was damaged on the inside? And what was wrong? The Cue in my avatar is a 2011 JD Cue. It plays great.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
It never felt right when I played with it. I don't know the right term but inside the handle something was broken. A pool room owner in San Antonio that deals in new and used cues took a look at it and found the issue.

I just looked at a message from 2 months ago about the cue, " No my friend,I mean the whole grip of the cue. The veneers of the cue are still remain pretty cool.But i need to refinish the whole butt before i ship out to you.to become brand new"

So apparently he replaced the whole handle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great story about Joel.......that speaks volumes about his customer service approach.....Amazing & gratifying to read.......great cue by the way.

Matt B.