Jean-Robert (Bobby) Bellande also plays pool-pool related WSOP thread

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://www.bluffmagazine.com/players/jean-robert-bellande/532/player-profile.asp

this is great news, he is a good solid player, not a Champion but a good 1P player. the article just talks about him., I didnt read it. He is good friend and loves pool, before I knew him he played Efren 1P at Hardtimes many many times. I have played him few times, I cant win playing 1P, but I like myself in other games. Bobby love pool action and is great for the game. I hope to play him again soon.


He finished 65 out of 6865, thats in the Top 1%, not bad at all. I really wanted him to win so I could get a piece of the millions playing him a little pool. He is a real nice guy off screen, not like he is on TV, sometimes on TV he isnt his normal self. I always like to see him do good!!! I hope he win a bracelet someday he will.


And just as cool is Mars Callahan who produced/acted/wrote; Pool Hall Junkies went out in #94 of 6865 , for a nice payday. Who says pool players cant play poker? I dont think I ever heard that anyways come think of it. Mars as well loves pool, hell he made a movie he loves it so much.

Too bad Josh Areaia(sorry I spelled it wrong) didnt get this far, its fun seeing pool players do this good-but it probably isnt good pool. These pool players need to chat up the poker players and get them over to our side to bet, like dip for example. Poker could help big action pool. I know there are a few Pro or near pro pool players that gave up pool for poker(sux)


Good job Mars and Bobby!!!!! What a great time it would have been if they both made final table, can you imagine. Both guys are very intense and have larger than life personalities in a good way, those 2 at a final table would have been perhaps the best final table ever.



Best

Fatboy
 
Last edited:
"Tall Bobby" and I have played many sessions of onepocket. He was always a complete gentleman. We never had even one argument. We played after hours at Hard Times Bellflower and Bobby does not dog the bet. Poker took over his main interest. I miss our pool battles.

Glad to see him cash in the poker tournament. He is one of the good guys.
 
Bobby is a cool guy. He was even on the reality show survivor.
Daniel Negreanu is supposed to be a pretty good pool player also.
Yes there are a lot of pool players who switched over to poker.
More money to be had and far less drama.
Dippy's interview with Justin was right on the money. For those who didn't see it you should watch the interview.
 
I played Bobby several times. We called him "Big Bobby" around the L.A. pool halls. We played 100 a game at my place and I gave him 9-8 and 8-7 and won a few games. Then I went to his place and tried to give him 9-8 up there for 200 a game and broke even. He could play and had some heart. Like someone else said, Bobby didn't dog the bet. :rolleyes:
I talked to him during his dinner break last night and told him I was sweating him on TV, and he was looking good. The camera loves him and so do the commentators. He has a great personality and does a very good game analysis during his interviews too. I wish he had gone a little further. 108K for him is just some ammo to play in a big game. :D
 
Last edited:
I played Bobby several times. We called him "Big Bobby" around the L.A. pool halls. We played 100 a game at my place and I gave him 9-8 and 8-7 and won a few games. Then I went to his place and tried to give him 9-8 up there for 200 a game and broke even. He could play and had some heart. Like someone else said, Bobby didn't dog the bet. :rolleyes:
I talked to him during his dinner break last night and told him I was sweating him on TV, and he was looking good. The camera loves him and so do the commentators. He has a great personality and does a very good game analysis during his interviews too. I wish he had gone a little further. 108K for him is just some ammo to play in a big game. :D


man i wanted him to make the final table. To bad he isnt gonna make the $$$ he did when he was with Bodawg or what ever its called. He did make a good score tho,
 
Back
Top