Jeanette Lee in Hawaii

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was able to go see Jeanette Lee last night on the Army base here in Hawaii. It was a small exhibition show with MAYBE 40 people, in a fun relaxed setting. She had her family there, Husband, 3 youngest daughters.

It was a GREAT experience, maybe not from a pool knowledge standpoint, but just from a general enjoying the game and seeing someone with that much passion for pool. She talked about her story first, all her surgeries, what it took to get to the #1 ranked woman player in the world. And shared some general life experiences and philosophies. All in all, very interesting to listen to.

She went on to start the demonstration. Did some trick shots, as many as she could with the 4 x 8 table they had set up for her anyway. After that she asked for volunteers. She picked about 5 people, to include myself, then she got out the shot glass and quarter. I'm sure everyone knows the trick, shot glass on the rail, quarter on the rubber, and you have to hit the rail and put the quarter in the shot glass. She proceeds to take about 6-7 shots to figure out where the quarter needs to go to go in the shot glass. She goes over the list of "prizes" if you make it. A black widow cue ball, a black widow 8-ball, all signed of course, AND. . .she says that the glove she is wearing is also option 3. . .apparently you can't buy the black widow gloves, she special orders them for her, and she's the only one who gets one. I ended up FIRST in line. . .I was kind of frustrated because I only got to see her make the shot once, and wanted to see other people first. So I get handed the cue(her husband's), and step up to the table. Take the shot. . .and BAM straight into the shot glass on the FIRST shot of the night. Jeanette couldn't believe it, everyone there was shocked. . .so that was my "moment of glory" for the night. I had people coming up to me all night shaking my hand, telling me nice shot. I of course, took the glove (pictures coming soon), and she signed it and gave it to me at the end of the night after she was done playing with it. She even tried to talk me out of it how "it's sweaty, and it won't even fit you. . .and are you sure you want it?". Later that evening I asked her a question and got "the stare", I just had to laugh a little.

Anyway, back to Jeanette Lee, since that's what this is really about. She then went on to do a bit more talking about her past, how she went from playing every day straight to the professional pool world, how she met her husband on the pro tour, and 3 days later he proposed(lucky man). And how he was a road player before he was a pro. He did some trick shots, extreme masse's, jumps, things like that. Some running shots with varations, behind the back, under the leg, one handed behind the back. After that she picked 5-6 people to play some 8 ball with her. One person broke and ran the first 6. . .but he was the only one left with less than 4 balls on the table. Jeanette was playing pretty dirty though if she thought you could shoot. . .stepping in front of people's line to chalk, standing on the rail next to the person shooting, chalking in the face. . .just having fun with it. It was truly an exhibition. . .but you could also tell she didn't want to lose, LOL. After that she signed autograph's for all the kids and parents so they could get of there, it was going on 11 at that point.

I got to talk with her briefly, as I was one of the last for pictures/autographs, which I will post when I'm not at work. All in all it was a great night of pool and just an enjoyable evening with one of the greatest people in our game. It's sad that so few people showed up, but at the same time, it made for a lot more enjoyable environment, with people yelling out questions, and just enjoying themselves.

I know it's a wall of text, and I hope I haven't rambled too much, I just wanted to share my experience and tell everyone who has a chance, they should definitely go out and see her if you can.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing and well written. That woman has style! Sounds like a good time had by all. :thumbup:

ric23

no stroke!!!
Silver Member
I didn't mind the "wall of text"!!! It's actually a great write-up! Thanks for sharing!

paulempor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great stuff.... Thank you for sharing.... Please post the pictures when you get a chance.

Paul

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great stuff.... Thank you for sharing.... Please post the pictures when you get a chance.

Paul

Pictures coming after work. I didn't end up home til almost midnight last night. But I only work 8 today for the holiday, so I'll have some time when I get home, I'll post the ones of her, as well as the glove. :) I didn't take a lot of pictures because I spent most of my time listening to what she was saying. It was DEFINITELY great for everyone involved. She's a class act and a great person.

I will probably go see her again on Saturday, she's doing a second appearance at a place downtown, and if I do I will spend more time taking pictures.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Thanks

Thanks for posting. I enjoyed reading your story. She is on my top favorite
list just for putting on a show for our troops. Thumbs Up to her.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing that great experience. Very nice of Jeanette to devote some time at the Army base.

cuesmith

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!
Silver Member
Jeannette is a great ambassador for our sport. She's always willing to share a little of herself with her fans. George is a pretty good guy too.

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeannette is a great ambassador for our sport. She's always willing to share a little of herself with her fans. George is a pretty good guy too.

I actually talked to him for quite a while, and he is a really nice guy. And a great pool player in his own right. He told me some about the years he spent on the road before turning pro.

Jeanette is definitely easy going, and a great representation of what pool should be. She is also very devoted to her family, which comes through as soon as you see her with her daughters and husband. She's really just great to be around. It was a great experience that I hope everyone has the chance to see if you're a fan of hers, or just love the game of pool.

ric23

no stroke!!!
Silver Member
try to get picked again for the quarter on the rail shot just to see the look on her face when she recognizes you! LOL!

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got "the look" a couple of more times over the evening. . .every time I asked a question she would give me that look before answering the question. :)

And ya, I'd definitely try to get into it again. But hoping if I go Saturday I can get in the group to play her instead. Since I was involved in the quarter shot I didn't get to be one of the ones to play her at the end of the evening.

ric23

no stroke!!!
Silver Member
Crossing my fingers for you buddy!!! I am sure she'll be excited to play you as well!!! It'll be tough one for you bro coz I'm sure if she recognizes you, she just might forget it's an exhibition!!!

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
She wasn't playing nice with anyone. . .safe's off breakouts, seriously sticking the cue to one of her own balls. . .not many people had clear shots. The guy that ran 6 off the rack sat and watched her run all 8 after he sat down. . .

But I'm sure you're right, she would particularly enjoy watching me sit. . .

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pictures as promised. Day late, but here they are now.

Hope you all enjoy. I'll try to take some more Saturday since I have seen it once I'll be less worried about watching and be able to take some more pics.

a6cd8868-a6c6-6551.jpg

a6cd8868-a6ee-7fc2.jpg

a6cd8868-a722-3fb2.jpg

a6cd8868-a76e-518e.jpg

pulldapin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I should've gone with you

Brians was terrible. Should've gone with you. See you soon. Carl