Jeff Olney - Striped Ebony PJ

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue was just delivered last night and I already love it. Jeff's work is so tight and clean. In my opinion, he is the most underrated cuemaker out there today. Dollar for dollar you can NOT find a better cue. I asked Jeff for an old piece of ebony that had some character. He sent pics of this piece and I immediately wanted it. He said most people want the jet black stuff and it was sitting around for quite some time. I also requested a piece of BEM with HUGE eyes.

This is a superior ball making machine.

Thanks for looking,
Chris

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lovely cue! I agree, you can't beat the value you get with Olney....I don't know how he makes such a nice cue so affordable.

Is he using a new standard pin or was that something you requested? I haven't seen one of the new style large minor diameter pins on his cues.

Reactions: CMD

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good lookin' P/J. I bet it hits pure. Is that hole in the bumper for an extension? Congrats

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
very nice....i have never hit a ball with an olney...but i hear nothing but good things about them....

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Now THERE is a player for ya.

I've hit with several Olney cues...and they're all great players. LOVE the choice of woods on this cue. The striped ebony looks sharp as hell. Congratulations, my friend!

No need for that ugly-as-hell Blackcreek, anymore.

Send it!

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris, that sure is a beauty .....hope you hang onto that badboy.

Thank you! It will definitely stay in the family for a very long time. I've paid more for lunch than this cue. Lol...

Hey Rat, it may be up for sale. :rolleyes:

lenoxmjs

Brazilian Rosewood Fan
Silver Member
That cue told me it wants to join it's brother and sister Olney ' s here in MA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue was just delivered last night and I already love it. Jeff's work is so tight and clean. In my opinion, he is the most underrated cuemaker out there today. Dollar for dollar you can NOT find a better cue. I asked Jeff for an old piece of ebony that had some character. He sent pics of this piece and I immediately wanted it. He said most people want the jet black stuff and it was sitting around for quite some time. I also requested a piece of BEM with HUGE eyes.

This is a superior ball making machine.

Thanks for looking,
Chris

That's really nice Chris! You are right too, you'll never a cue that's better built and plays nearly as nice for what Jeff charges. I think you'd have to spend two or three times as much to even get close to an Olney, and even then you might not get there. If you can't find a buyer for it I know a guy in Missouri that might buy it from you.:)

Reactions: CMD

CMD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That cue told me it wants to join it's brother and sister Olney ' s here in MA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

Fat chance bud. :p

Thanks for the kind words everyone. This cue is staying with me. I'm going to ask Jeff to make a matching set for my twin boys.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Hey Rat, it may be up for sale. :rolleyes:

May?

MAY?!?!?!?!?!

I'm not long for this world, sir (relatively speaking)......I need more than MAY!!!!!

;)

Rat <----- knows that CMD is picking up what I'm putting down.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A super clean, classic cue. Jeff's work is always first class... nice addition Chris!

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of examining this cue and hitting a few balls with it. Workmanship is first class, on par with the best. The woods are beautiful. Pictures won’t show how great the striped ebony looks. Easier to see the quality of the BEM. But this cue would be a keeper no matter how it looks. It has just the right amount of stiffness that makes it play great. Perfect balance. In the upper echelons of great playing cues. I wish I had an Olney on order.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sometimes simple is better Chris. Bad a$$ looking PJ you got there my friend.
Thanks for sharing
Jeff

tailorrmade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome cue Chris! I wish I could see that ebony grain a little better but I know it's a beast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk