Jeff Olney, What a stand up guy. NOT!!!!!!!!!!

AngryTurtle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A better explanation from Olney would have been "I am sorry, I tried to contact you, someone offered a boat load of money for the custom I built you so I sold it. I hope you understand. I will start another custom for you right away, let me know what you want, you will have it in 6-8 weeks at no charge".

I agree.
:thumbup:

CueNut40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You were so excited after 5 phone calls from Olney you still blew him off and didn't show up to get the cue on the day you verbally told him you would be there.

I'm an outsider looking in - I don't know you or Olney nor do I own any of his cues - I can tell you what I would be thinking. I would be thinking you can't come up with the cash for the cue and with a choice of calling you for a sixth, seventh, eighth time or selling it to a cash buyer that cash would be very tempting.

Olney evidently disputes your claim he sold it for 4 times what you were going to pay. Where did you get that information?

Do you really think 5 calls where made? Just screen shot the missed calls to either confirm or deny this. Ill give odds on 5 missed called being made to the OP here.

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You were so excited after 5 phone calls from Olney you still blew him off and didn't show up to get the cue on the day you verbally told him you would be there.

I'm an outsider looking in - I don't know you or Olney nor do I own any of his cues - I can tell you what I would be thinking. I would be thinking you can't come up with the cash for the cue and with a choice of calling you for a sixth, seventh, eighth time or selling it to a cash buyer that cash would be very tempting.

Olney evidently disputes your claim he sold it for 4 times what you were going to pay. Where did you get that information?

5 calls were not made.

He is the one who said someone came in offering 4 times the price.
I don't make this stuff up.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Brian, I call you 3 times even sent you pics, than again Wensday and than again Saturday, The first 3 times is to let you know the cue will be done soon to make 100 perfect SURE that you would pick up the cue and had the money all 3 times you said no problem. when I called Wensday now it is a problem. Thursday and Friday and Saturday nothing and Sunday night I sold it. The last time I did just a 50.00 job it took a whole month to pick the pau ferro cue so you could sell it. I put all the ivory in this cue free no charge I really thought you would pick it up fast so you could make a fast 500.00 or even have a friend pick it up. If it takes a month to pick up a pau ferro with the nick you only owes 50.00 on this was scary. I did sell the cue for less than I charged you, now he can flip it and make money just like you could have I see why you are mad. Jeff
P.O.S. move. Good thing everyone brags about your talent. Hell a pawn shop treats people better than this.
Brian, I call you 3 times even sent you pics, than again Wensday and than again Saturday, The first 3 times is to let you know the cue will be done soon to make 100 perfect SURE that you would pick up the cue and had the money all 3 times you said no problem. when I called Wensday now it is a problem. Thursday and Friday and Saturday nothing and Sunday night I sold it. The last time I did just a 50.00 job it took a whole month to pick the pau ferro cue so you could sell it. I put all the ivory in this cue free no charge I really thought you would pick it up fast so you could make a fast 500.00 or even have a friend pick it up. If it takes a month to pick up a pau ferro with the nick you only owes 50.00 on this was scary. I did sell the cue for less than I charged you, now he can flip it and make money just like you could have I see why you are mad. Jeff

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel for the OP

Yes I was once a Olney nutthugger (so friggen sad to say) ...
I've been nutthuggin free for 6 years and counting.. lol

Between 2006-2008 I sent Jeff between 5000.00 to 6000.00 (prepaid for all my orders) in cash, wood, golf clubs..(Jeff asked me to order wood from Gilmer wood on a few occasions, and golf clubs off of ebay in exchange for partial payment on cues).

The sad thing is over the 2 year period not one of my special order cues were delivered, but Jeff always had a couple of extra cues in every batch he wanted to sell me (over a 2 year period I bought 10-12 extra cues).

I can hear Jeff now " Dale make sure you tell everybody you've waited a long long time for these cues" lmao

I questioned Jeff on why he didn't work on my orders, instead of making a few extra cues in every batch.. He didn't like my question, and started yelling, and mother fu@&ing me.. funny shit!

I was fortunate that I was able to recover 5300.00 (we settled on 5300.00 as a refund) Jeff got to use my money for 2 years, and I got d!@K!

I know a azbilliard member that bought a new cue from Jeff, and it was warped..
He told me he called Jeff, and Jeff started screaming at him.. Maybe he'll come forward, but I doubt it..

The azbilliard member mentioned above knows a person that pre paid for 2 cues that were suppose to be ready in Jeff's next batch.. That next batch was 3 years ago lol....

Yep Jeff Olney is a great guy, and more importantly a proper business man...

I'm sorry you wasted 4 years of your life waiting for your custom cue...

BTW..
I've ordered a lot of cues from other custom cue builders since my debacle in 2008, and everything went great..
Good business can be done in this silly hobby we all love....

Last edited:

buddha162

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes I was once a Olney nutthugger (so friggen sad to say) ...
I've been nutthuggin free for 6 years and counting.. lol

Between 2006-2008 I sent Jeff between 5000.00 to 6000.00 (prepaid for all my orders) in cash, wood, golf clubs..(Jeff asked me to order wood from Gilmer wood on a few occasions, and golf clubs off of ebay in exchange for partial payment on cues).

The sad thing is over the 2 year period not one of my special order cues were delivered, but Jeff always had a couple of extra cues in every batch he wanted to sell me (over a 2 year period I bought 10-12 extra cues).

I can hear Jeff now " Dale make sure you tell everybody you've waited a long long time for these cues" lmao

I questioned Jeff on why he didn't work on my orders, instead of making a few extra cues in every batch.. He didn't like my question, and started yelling, and mother fu@&ing me.. funny shit!

I was fortunate that I was able to recover 5300.00 (we settled on 5300.00 as a refund) Jeff got to use my money for 2 years, and I got d!@K!

I know a azbilliard member that bought a new cue from Jeff, and it was warped..
He told me he called Jeff, and Jeff started screaming at him.. Maybe he'll come forward, but I doubt it..

The azbilliard member mentioned above knows a person that pre paid for 2 cues that were suppose to be ready in Jeff's next batch.. That next batch was 3 years ago lol....

Yep Jeff Olney is a great guy, and more importantly a proper business man...

I'm sorry you wasted 4 years of your life waiting for your custom cue...

BTW..
I've ordered a lot of cues from other custom cue builders since my debacle in 2008, and everything went great..
Good business can be done in this silly hobby we all love....

Lmao, well there you have it nuthuggers, let's see you spin this. I suppose there are only two kinds of Olney customers: the ones who got screwed, and the ones who haven't gotten screwed, yet!

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Fair thoughts and could very well be true.

Doesn't change the fact that you don't do business that way. Thinking that way is one thing and acting on it is another. Running a respectable business and doing what's right doesn't always equate to taking the easy money. In most cases it cost you, but there's a certain expectation when you stamp an INC or a DBA on it.

A few phone calls over less than a week is no way to ensure delivery of an order.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can only speak from my experiences with Jeff in the past and present. They have always been very positive. I've always paid 1/2 up front and the balance when he starts to paint my cue. Never had a hitch. Always got my cue.
Jeff didn't steal anything here guys. To put him in the same company as Zinzola, Peppers and other thieves is ludicrous. All he wanted was to get paid for this cue. He's not rich and has bills to pay.
I totally trust Jeff Olney with my money any day, anytime.

I know this is a "he said she said" but Jeff told me he sold the cue for just a little less than
the OP owed because he had a chance to collect the needed $$$$$.

Best, "Nuthugger Bob"

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will say this about Jeff: i bought one of his cues recently on az. I liked it so much i sent it to him to get a matching shaft made. Excellent communication. Answers email and his cell phone which is alot more than i can say for other cue makers i have dealt with. So far so good dealing with Jeff. I highly recommend him until he gives me reason not to. Greg

jeff olney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We live 45 minutes from each other.

Yes 45 minutes would have been nice if you could have found time. after each phone call no problem I will pick the cue up the day its done I was calling you to let you know you need to pick up the cue when its done no problem, no problem no problem don't say I didn't, how did you get the pics? each time I said you need to pick the cue up when done, no problem sounds like I was lied to over and over. the cue is done now there IS a problem. 45 minutes no time to busy. I didn't sell the cue for 4000.00 I lost a little but the guy said you can have for 1500.00 if you really want it. Jeff

Last edited:

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then why did you tell me someone was there offering you 4 times to price?!!?!
This whole thing is Bullshi- and nothing you can say can make it right.
And now I can pay an extra $525. Nah. I'm good.
I was excited to own the cue before you treated me like you did.
cursing at me for asking a simple question. Like I've said all throughout this thread. 5 calls include telling me that the cue is almost done. What wrap do you want.
The 2 more calls about what day and time.
Sure it is only 45 minutes to get there. Plus 45 minutes to get home. Plus all the time listening to your crap about how your selling me this cue to cheap and you should be charging more for your cues.
That adds up to 2-3 hours. Time I wasn't taking away from my family.

Still one thing you never gave me,,,,, was the respect of a phone call saying I have another buyer interested. Are you coming to buy the cue or not. this never happened not once.

bigchiefnd

red and black u like that
Silver Member
Yes 45 minutes would have been nice if you could have found time. after each phone call no problem I will pick the cue up the day its done I was calling you to let you know you need to pick up the cue when its done no problem, no problem no problem don't say I didn't, how did you get the pics? each time I said you need to pick the cue up when done, no problem sounds like I was lied to over and over. the cue is done now there IS a problem. 45 minutes no time to busy. I didn't sell the cue for 4000.00 I lost a little but the guy said you can have for 1500.00 if you really want it. Jeff

So its ok for him to wait four years, but you cant wait four days? Nice business model you have there.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does the cable company cut off your cable 7 days after your due date - No

Does the bank sell your car to the next highest bidder if you take 7 days to send in a payment - No

Does the power company shut off the power after 7 days - No

A final notice by mail is required in most instances. Even a phone call doesn't cut it.

There's no honest business that flips out over non-payment in less than a week. In most cases action isn't even taken until its reached 30-45 days or longer.

A certified letter stating that the buyer will forfeit their property or deposit if there's not resolution within 10 business days would have gone a long way here.

There was no good reason to sell a cue out from underneath someone after a week. Just a horrible way to do business.

bigchiefnd

red and black u like that
Silver Member
I guess it was imperative that he has cash in hand on a sunday night, god forbid he gets paid on a monday. Total collusion between Olney and new buyer.

AcuraHeel

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard nothing but good things about Jeff until this. This really is bad IMO and I can't see myself ever buying one now

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just too many of these threads on here. I am really sad to say that I know I will not be ordering a custom cue to be made for fear that something like this, or one of the other crazy stories on these forums will happen to me. Too much money and time to risk with such an unpredictable profession.

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
Jeff's word is as good as BRASS!!!

spin this Jeffrey.....:nono:

Maybe I didnt make myself clear? :speechless:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 562

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Wow, 8 whole years? (amazing)

Brad and Brian have probably been buying cues from him for close to 20 years, lol

Maybe the difference is that I HAD THE MONEY to pay for my 28 cues when they were ready.

To Bob Farr: I thought I was the number 1 nuthugger here :)
Hope all is well with you my friend :wink:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe the difference is that I HAD THE MONEY to pay for my 28 cues when they were ready.

You are #1, I'm #2

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member

Ask your buddy Jeffrey if there has ever been a lack of funds when we came up to see him at his shop......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 536