Jensen 4-pt cue, R. Howard 6-pt SW style cue, Omen j/b - San Jose/South Bay area ONLY

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi all,

I have two cues left for sale - Omen is now SOLD. I used to play a lot, but no longer, and would like someone who can use these to have them. Consideration was given on my asking price as to the condition of each cue, and all are priced somewhat considerably lower than what I paid for them. I will try to provide as much information as I can, as well as links to relevant threads here on AZ, as all were purchases from here. I do not own scales, calipers, etc. so whatever detailed information is in the referenced threads will have to suffice as best they can.

Because I am not keen on trying to ship these things, I would like to keep the sale local to the San Jose, CA or South Bay area. This also allows any buyers to meet me and look at, feel, and play with the cues before making a decision. As noted, since I do not play anymore, I am not interested in any trades, and will accept CASH ONLY. As I live in Milpitas, I would prefer to meet at Edgie’s since it is closest to me, but depending on my schedule, I may agree to meet you at another South Bay pool hall.

Jensen – 4 point ebony into birdseye, leather wrap, 2 shafts. The thread which ultimately spurred me to purchase this in person from the selling party is here:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=112671&highlight=jensen+ebony+point

I will note that I had the LBM ferruled shaft turned to around 12.5 as that was what I liked to play with when I was playing. If my memory serves me correctly, that put the weight of the full cue w/said shaft around 19.2 oz, but I cannot be certain of that. The ivory ferruled shaft appears to have developed a bit of a roll…that happened sitting in the case, because I used it 3-4 times at most before realizing I couldn’t play with it. I’m not good at classifying these things so you can be the judge. The LBM ferruled shaft still seems to be more or less straight, and looks and is significantly more played. Finish at the joint looks to be lifting a bit.
$400.

Rick Howard – 6 point ebony into ebony SW style with red veneers and ringwork, lizard wrap, 2 shafts. The sale thread from which I purchased is here:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=96276

The thread notes both shafts had a roll when I purchased it, and these are the same shafts, so that is still true. The fatter of the two shafts has a worse roll than the skinnier shaft. Again, since I am not good at classifying, I will let you be the judge. I left these shafts as I received them in terms of diameter, other than perhaps some shaving off from cleaning/smoothing/etc. Note that the thread says this is a 3/8-11 screw, but as I understood it, this was a much older Howard which has a 3/8-10, which seems to have been confirmed when my friend screwed his Coker shaft onto my cue. I also just tried gently threading the 3/8-11 shaft from my Omen j/b (below) on it, and it wouldn’t go past the first thread, so it’s definitely not 3/8-11.
$500.

Omen jump/break cue – SOLD

If anyone wants both of the cues still available, I will give a package price of $900 firm. If anyone would like to go that route, I will also give you the case I store these cues in. It would likely only be good for storage though, as the latch on it has broken off before and is only being held on now by super glue. There is a Sandman tip shaper, tip burnisher, tip shaver, and Q-Smooth shaft burnishing slips that I will include. And I also have a cheap Players sneaky pete cue on which I fitted a hard tip as a cheap break cue which I will include as well.

The few pictures I managed to take are located here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/85768603@N08/sets/72157631223351482/

Anyhow, please contact me if you’re interested and perhaps we can set up a time to meet.

Thanks,
Brent

Last edited:

wade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Im almost 99.9% a buyer on the Jensen and might get a wild hair and do something on the Howard too if you can get me a pic of both since the links have expired on the pictures.
Thanks A Lot
Shane

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Im almost 99.9% a buyer on the Jensen and might get a wild hair and do something on the Howard too if you can get me a pic of both since the links have expired on the pictures.
Thanks A Lot
Shane

wade, are you local to SJ? And I replied to your PM as well, but please refer to the flickr link in the original post for pics.

wade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
My Bad:)

wade, are you local to SJ? And I replied to your PM as well, but please refer to the flickr link in the original post for pics.

Sorry Brother I was paying attention to the previous threads and didn't catch the Flickr link!!!