Jerry Rauenzahn Bushka Tribute Cues

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread is intended for posting photos of the cues comprising the Bushka Tribute Cue Project launched by Deanoc with Jerry Rauenzahn last May.

A photo gallery is the ideal way to view these cues, however, Jerry is completing these cues using staggered dates since each cue is a custom build.

Until a photo gallery of these Bushka cues can be arranged, this thread offers a place where pics of the finished cues can be posted by the new owners.

I hope everyone enjoys viewing some great looking cues.

Matt B.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duplicate Post

Jerry Rauenzahn just sent me photos today (3/29) of my completed new Bushka Tribute cue.
We had to scrap my original design because the rings I wanted was rendering the cue too heavy.
A mad dash ensued to try and salvage the work already completed and to come up with a new design.

I was very anxious about coming up with a brand new design ....quickly.....and then Jerry rescued me.
He came up with a Mosconi design I had previously not seen and was open to tweaking it a little as well.
Well, the finished cue turned out to be......SPECTACULAR........and after my cue arrives, you'll get to
see why I described it this way.........Stay Tuned.......It's a really beautiful pool cue.

Matt B.

Update: My cue has arrived....those curious or interested
can visit pg 2, post #26.....photos of the new Bushka Tribute Jerry made.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's My Original Progress Pics

After my cue arrives, I'll get photos posted. Meanwhile to get things started, here's my BEM wood. I purposefully omitted
including any of the progress photos Jerry recently sent since he indicated my cue should be done within a couple of weeks.

Matt B.

Attachments

• My Cue's BEM 5-8-14.jpg
    My Cue's BEM 5-8-14.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 1,798
  • BEM Selection 5-8-14.jpg
    BEM Selection 5-8-14.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 1,909
Last edited:

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
does anyone know how many of georges forearms were made out of birdseye?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i thought they were all straight grain
perhaps that explains why i like straight grain so much

these jerry rauenzahn are absolutely beautiful

i like his unique additions that make these so distinctive

working with so many pleasant buyers made this the most fun project
that i ever had anything to do with

dean

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
does anyone know how many of georges forearms were made out of birdseye?

As far as a number.. hard to tell. But he was getting birdseye from Spain and Gus. Probably around 50 ish.. 75 ish.. no way of knowing exactly. But we have had a few..

JV

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
As far as a number.. hard to tell. But he was getting birdseye from Spain and Gus. Probably around 50 ish.. 75 ish.. no way of knowing exactly. But we have had a few..

JV

thanks buddy....looks like or fb teams are going to stink it up again...:mad:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are a couple of mine I got in the last year. Not part of the Dean Campbell/Jerry Rauenzahn Bushka tribute deal.
I just like to show Jerry's work. His recent increased recognition has been too long in coming. Can't wait to see yours Matt.
Thanks for starting this thread.

Attachments

• JRBushkaforearm.jpg
    JRBushkaforearm.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,605
  • JRBushkabutt.jpg
    JRBushkabutt.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,535
  • JRBushkafull.jpg
    JRBushkafull.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,492
  • JRBushkapts.jpg
    JRBushkapts.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,595
  • GusTribfull.jpg
    GusTribfull.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1,624
Last edited:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
More Pictures

Full ivory joint -R-

Attachments

• GusTribforearm.jpg
    GusTribforearm.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,578
  • GusTribsleeve.jpg
    GusTribsleeve.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 1,587
  • GusTribsign.jpg
    GusTribsign.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,568
  • GusTrib joint2.jpg
    GusTrib joint2.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,536

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Bob.......great photos of some of Jerry's best workmanship......you have some gorgeous cues that fit right in line with this thread's theme too.

The cues posted by kaiserman, dvs and DunnM1 are impressive by anyone's standards and you guys have gotten to find out firsthand just how great Jerry is at cue-making.

Each of your Jerry R. cues is the type of cue that if you spotted it at the pool hall for the first time, you'd have to find some excuse to wander over closer just so you could get a better peek.

The wait has been long....not unreasonable by any means.......but when you wait to get your cue, see progress photos of it coming along, you still never know what to expect until the cue is
finished. Then to be able to open that carton and find one of your cues inside, well, that would make any cue owner's heart pound fast.......Cudos on owning some gorgeous pool cues.

Matt B.

Last edited:

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
This Q is posted in another thread but I thought I would post it here also so all the Dean and Jerry bunch of cues are all in one place. Thanks Matt for starting the thread. Most of all thanks Jerry, and thanks to Dean for getting it set up.

uploadfromtaptalk1426605418308.jpguploadfromtaptalk1426605435125.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1426605453557.JPG

batalarms

Ebony Hoppe Fanatic
Not sure if it's true,but I have heard that GB used straight grain maple.Back in the day GB and some other famous builders thought that Birds Eye Maple was diseased wood.Folk lore or true?Thanks.
Marc

dom_poppa

Banned
Good lord these are gorgeous cues.

I hope Bava can edit his original post cues and keep a tally of the projected cues while everyone can just share their past and previous tributes.

It's going to be hard to compete against that monster GTB but I am sure there are cues equal to it.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Good lord these are gorgeous cues.

I hope Bava can edit his original post cues and keep a tally of the projected cues while everyone can just share their past and previous tributes.

It's going to be hard to compete against that monster GTB but I am sure there are cues equal to it.

The GTB is just the start. We will post a game changer the week of the show.

JV

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope people will refrain from posting photos of other cue-makers or other tribute cues on this thread.

The thread was started to showcase Jerry Rauenzahn's cue-making abilities & the Bushka Tributes
seemed like the easiest way to accomplish that. Bob Farr checked with me before posting photos
since his cues aren't one of the Bushka Tribute cues. IMO, at least one of his cues sure deserved to
be.....what truly great Jerry R. cues he owns.

So it's my hope that people will respect this thread's theme and just enjoy seeing photos of some great
Jerry R. cues. Perhaps dom might consider starting a thread just for cue-maker tribute cues or equivalent.
Regardless, I hope this thread stays true to its original charter which is Jerry Rauenzahn Bushka Tribute
Cues but obviously I have little control over comments or cue photos any Azer might want to post since
this is a public forum.

In regard to that GTB cue, I played pool with a pal of Mark K's. today....Tommy Hill, who's also a pool pro.
After I showed him photos of the GTB cue, he described that cue as the "Ex Calibur" in cue designs. And
I can vouch that Tommy knows a heck of a lot about pool cues. He naturally asked me how much and I
simply responded......"I was afraid to ask.".....What an amazing cue with such incredible nostalgic history.

Matt B.

Last edited:

petes6ss1120

Registered
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426971698.462706.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426971756.260217.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426971771.428263.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426971788.363153.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1426971795.581779.jpg

Hi guys sorry for the delayed post but here is one of the cues completed by Jerry . I decided to take a little different approach keeping the bushka tribute but with an old school meets new school feel . The joint is ivory 5/16 14 overall I must say I am extremely happy with the outcome of this cue . It's even more impressive in person . I hope you guys like .

Take care
Pete

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great butt sleeve design accentuated by really creative, beautiful veneer matched rings above and below wrap......superbly crafted.

Matt B.