Jerry Rauenzahn Bushka Tribute Cues

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
Pete that cue is gorgeous sick hot awesome sweet, did I miss an adjective there? I hope not. I think cues are almost like tattoo's in that a truly "original design" is hard to find. The treatment and colors and details used in the cue, set one apart from similar cues. Occasionally, there is a really different design. I think this one qualifies. There are a couple cue builders who consistently push the envelope for new design and or execution but that would be for a whole new thread.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is an amazing,gorgeous cue and even looking it at just on photos it can be seen that workmanship is extraordinary:smile::smile::smile::cool::smile::smile::smile:
Congrats

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let The Chimes Ring.......a New Bushka Tribute Was Born Today

Just received photos of my new cue from Jerry.....the mission is almost complete......just waiting now for a delivery........Jerry exceeded my expectations which is very hard to do when it comes to pool cues. My cue weighs 18.2 & 18.3 ozs with either shaft. I told Jerry 18.25 ozs. was the perfect weight and 18.5 ozs. was about the maximum cue weight I wanted. My goodness, could Mr. Rauenzahn have come any closer? After you view the design, I think most would agree Jerry has to be a cue-making wizard.

Matt B.

Last edited:

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some gorgeous cues

Man Pete, that's some beautiful; design!

Matt, I know the anxious feeling you have right now waiting for that box and looking forward to opening it.

I'm anxious just waiting to see pictures of your joint creation with Jerry.

Enjoy

dave

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Drum Roll Please.................Da Dum.........It's Alive!

USPS dropped the ball by being a day late...48 hrs versus 24 hrs (overnite) delivery.
Regardless, my cue arrived safe and perfect condition & Damn....it's sure pretty.

There's a debate taking place on the main Forum about Tribute cues and if you haven't
read it, check out the posts & opinions. My cue is definitely a Tribute Cue and the truth is
it's really a tribute to Jerry Rauenzahn's extraordinary cue-making skills....he got it perfect.

I'll get some photos up by the weekend but right now I am heading to the pool hall......and
I may not come back for days the way I feel about this cue....Thank you Mr. Rauenzahn.....
thanks Dean Campbell and God Bless "Tooch" for teaching me this wonderful game called pool.

Matt B.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ladies & Gentlemen.......I Am Pleased & Proud To Present My Jerry R.

My lousy right shoulder tired & started to hurt and so I came home early from the hall.
Here's some photos I quickly took on my phone before heading out to test the cue.

You can call my cue anything you like.......BushkaTribute or Copy or Reproduction
or Clone or Wanna Be........Call it what you will but let's just agree on one thing......
Jerry Rauenzahn sure does make a handsome pool cue and I played with it today.
If you think, or agree this cue looks nice.....let me tell you the hit & feel is even better.

I do hope you enjoy these photos and I'll try and get better ones because this cue is
really fetching.....not any more than some of the others Jerry has made but the design
is a little fancier version of Mosconi's 2nd favorite cue. I might start a thread comparing
the original cue George Balabushka made for Mosconi with this cue Jerry made for me.

Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy the photos of this cue....however you wanna refer to it.....
I am just pleased as can be to be able to refer to it as mine......

Matt B.

Attachments

• Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 430
  • Forearm (2).jpg
    Forearm (2).jpg
    96 KB · Views: 419
  • Forearm & Veneers.jpg
    Forearm & Veneers.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 423
  • Forearm & Date.jpg
    Forearm & Date.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 429
  • Butt Sleeve (initials).jpg
    Butt Sleeve (initials).jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Matt, what I admire most is the first thing you did is take it out to hit balls at the pool hall. Tribute or not, it is an eye catcher meant to be played. Matt D.

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It is a striking cue Matt. And I would never confuse it with a Balabushka, therefore I would not consider this cue a "copy".

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stupendous

Wow Matt:

That's some fantastic design. In fact worthy of a "design patent" !!!

http://www.uspto.gov/sites/default/files/forms/sb0001.pdf

Love the double rings both above & below the wrap, and the inlays exactly between the joining of the points. Colors of the veneers and inlays in the rings are exceptional. The butt design is likewise stunning.

A lot of thought and care went into the design and the fantastic build.

You can get a good illustrator to hand draw your "unique" design and file for a design patent. You really don't even need an attorney unless it is initially declined by the US patent office; but you could then tell all "patent pending".

You and Jerry really made a fantastic team on this absolutely marvelous tribute to a great maker.

Jerry's work is outstanding. And, the first thing I did was take mine to league, and I've been using my tribute in league and at the different halls ever since. jerry's cues really have a great old-time feel and crisp hit. Glad I took your advice several months ago and also got the ivory flat faced joint.

Again, congrats and thanks for sharing your photos.

Dave

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks.......Sometimes I Get Lucky......

Aside from my embarrassing foot in mouth slip-up on mis-referring to the original cue design I asked Jerry to follow as a Balabushka,
all in all, this cue turned out better than I imagined it might. And the hit is so good that now it's become a problem.........switching cues is
relatively easy since 3 of the 4 cues in the photo weigh with 1/10th once of one another. It's picking which cue to switch to......and this one
Jerry made is top notch. Oh well, there are worse problems to have......I guess I could always just flip a coin if I get stuck.

Matt B.

Attachments

• No, 1 Photo.jpg
    No, 1 Photo.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 637
  • On the Table.jpg
    On the Table.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 539
  • Overview.jpg
    Overview.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 536
  • 4 Gorgeous Sleeves.jpg
    4 Gorgeous Sleeves.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Aside from my embarrassing foot in mouth slip-up on mis-referring to the original cue design I asked Jerry to follow as a Balabushka,
all in all, this cue turned out better than I imagined it might. And the hit is so good that now it's become a problem.........switching cues is
relatively easy since 3 of the 4 cues in the photo weigh with 1/10th once of one another. It's picking which cue to switch to......and this one
Jerry made is top notch. Oh well, there are worse problems to have......I guess I could always just flip a coin if I get stuck.

Matt B.

Matt, no need for concern over the picture not being the original, as your and Jerry's rendition is stunning in its own right. I'm not even sure the gold banding on the original is even available. If you're ever in doubt of whether a picture is the real thing, don't hesitate to post it and ask. We'll let you know. Anyway, super cue by Jerry, one of the best in the business.

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Great cue Matt. Awesome design you two came up with. It's a lot of fun working with Jerry. Congrats sir.

toomanybugs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Last Bushka

Let me start by saying, I have never had the funds for a high end cue before, but a friend of mine has always let me testdrive his cues over the years, just to list a few,
Ginacue, Kersenbrock, Tascarella, 3 Showman, Tucker and a sweet Gus.

So when Deanoc posted on AZBilliards Forum around June 30, 2014,Jerry Rauenzahn would make any style Bushka, I had to take him up on this.

Design specs: Points to be made up of 100% wood veneers no stained wood. Black ebony (Macassar), Gold colored wood (not yellow), African Padauk, natural and black ebony.
Ivory or bone for the ring in the forearm. Ebony butt to DELRIN with Padauk rings with MOP spots and four notch diamonds no name plate.
The MOP diamonds to line up with the points on the forearm of the cue.
Black leather wrap or black linen and white specks.
Weight of cue to be from 19.5 to 20 ounces.

3 shafts with 1 inch ivory ferrules, 2 Shafts to be 12.75 and 1 to be 13.0

Like Deanoc said, Jerry makes one hell of a cue, that I have had it since 6/11/2015. I have enjoyed every night of APA pool with it.
My friends and I would say it compares in everyway to one of the cues listed above, now for the pics.

Attachments

• R_bushka_01EE.jpg
    R_bushka_01EE.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 408
Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You had Jerry make you a really handsome cue and it was built to "your" specs.....which....in my opinion.... helps make it play a little better for you
since the cue is exactly the way you want it to look, feel and play.......it's a such a genuine thrill to experience the joy of owning a one of a kind cue
with all the bells & whistles you want in that particular design.......and the cue looks great.

A whole bunch of us owe Dean a mighty big thank you for brainstorming this project.......and for Jerry for being willing to tackle this small mob of buyers
and IMO.....he did an extraordinarily good job catering to all of our needs. Personally speaking, Jerry is a delight to work with as you undoubtedly experienced.
All things considered, this turned out to be one helluva terrific opportunity for a select group of Azers who trusted Dean's advice and got on board with this
"Bushka Cue" project by Jerry Rauenzahn. In a little while, we'll get some pictures of these cues posted so everyone can recall and appreciate what a truly
wonderful job Jerry did making these cues......I can still recall the great acrylic rings in Mike Dunn's cue and the beautiful maple windows in Gonzo's pool cue.

There were so many great cue designs and I was a little surprised how many cues were made with ivory joints versus piloted steel 5/16x14 which was George
Balabushka's hallmark design. I really enjoy the way my cue plays and if anyone ever has a chance to try one of these Bushka Tribute cues, you're in for a real
treat.......mine plays amazingly well........and if you bump into me, just ask and you are welcome to find out firsthand by trying my cue......that's how people get to
learn what they like and maybe what they prefer in a pool cue by trying lots of them ....but always find out the specs on any cues you try that you might really like.

Matt B.

Last edited:

Bob Farr

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let me start by saying, I have never had the funds for a high end cue before, but a friend of mine has always let me testdrive his cues over the years, just to list a few,
Ginacue, Kersenbrock, Tascarella, 3 Showman, Tucker and a sweet Gus.

So when Deanoc posted on AZBilliards Forum around June 30, 2014,Jerry Rauenzahn would make any style Bushka, I had to take him up on this.

Design specs: Points to be made up of 100% wood veneers no stained wood. Black ebony (Macassar), Gold colored wood (not yellow), African Padauk, natural and black ebony.
Ivory or bone for the ring in the forearm. Ebony butt to DELRIN with Padauk rings with MOP spots and four notch diamonds no name plate.
The MOP diamonds to line up with the points on the forearm of the cue.
Black leather wrap or black linen and white specks.
Weight of cue to be from 19.5 to 20 ounces.

3 shafts with 1 inch ivory ferrules, 2 Shafts to be 12.75 and 1 to be 13.0

Like Deanoc said, Jerry makes one hell of a cue, that I have had it since 6/11/2015. I have enjoyed every night of APA pool with it.
My friends and I would say it compares in everyway to one of the cues listed above, now for the pics.
Great design. Jerry's the "Man" for these old school cues. I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years. Thanks for showing us your cue.

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It makes me extremely excited to see these cues.

Mr. Jerry Rauenzahn is a "Master Cue Builder" with emphasis in "Old School" techniques. Jerry has had countless opportunities to dissect Bushka's, Szams, Rambow's, and other high-end cues, so he knows their construction design and craftsmanship qualities which has given him greater knowledge; and an ability to craft and build with the best.

It's really cool that others are able to enjoy his work.

Thanks for sharing,

John Marshall

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just talked to Jerry And he is almost ready to do it again
10 of you guys order a Balabushka tribute or something close

I get a volume discount so your price is $1800 plus
one of you guys wins a free cue plus your own original designed beauty

call me to get in
dean

214 477 7323

The last 10 guys were thrilled with everything
There is every reason to think that you will be too

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dean,

I'll contact you tomorrow........I loved working with Jerry on this last project.........Absolutely, you can count me in again.

Matt B.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt
you make this fun

I really haven't worked out the deal with Jerry yet

he had a lot of fun with you guys and the tremendous appreciation you guys showed toward him was overwhelming

i hope we go again,because i am wanting one myself
dean