JOBO cues on ebay

Shorty

A banger at best...
Silver Member
pimp said:
Does anyone know anything about the Jobo cues on ebay?

Great question...nice looking cues thats for sure...I like the woods used.

Any feedback guys?

Shorty

dooziexx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shorty said:
Great question...nice looking cues thats for sure...I like the woods used.

Any feedback guys?

Shorty

Why dont you get one then give us a feedback. :D

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
This is a Philipino cue ... apprently this person shipped the wood to Angeles City in Philippines to have the cue made.

I've discussed my disappointment with my recent Philippino cue purchases (especially a Vince cue). He promised me that his cues were "different" and used high-class wood and thread.

I bought one recently on eBay and noted that the butt was warped. He "guaranteed" the cue thus I emailed him an option to replace the cue or refund. He wrote back and said he did not have replacement cue.

He seemed like a decent fella over email. I'm in process of returning the cue and getting refund. If he honors my request, he will get a positive feedback from me. Otherwise, I'll duke him on AZ.

pimp said:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
pimp said:

It looks like a Filipino cue to me too. There is no way I would buy one of these cues. There are only a couple of Filipino makers who are up to custom standards.

There is something else too. When I see a cue offered for general sale that is almost 22 ounces, it tells me the maker didn't know what they were doing. It should have been cored - that thing is probably poorly balanced.

Chris

duke@neo.rr.com

soon to be banned
Silver Member
did you?

I'm in process of returning the cue and getting refund. If he honors my request, he will get a positive feedback from me. Otherwise, I'll duke him on AZ.[/QUOTE]
did you think I wouldn't see that? why do you and Shorty insist on keeping that going? seems like every time I log on, one of the two of you have something negative to say regarding me. you don't have to like me...but STOP rubbing it in! my vacation already took care of that. what's your problem?

roymjr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
duke@neo.rr.com said:
I'm in process of returning the cue and getting refund. If he honors my request, he will get a positive feedback from me. Otherwise, I'll duke him on AZ.
did you think I wouldn't see that? why do you and Shorty insist on keeping that going? seems like every time I log on, one of the two of you have something negative to say regarding me. you don't have to like me...but STOP rubbing it in! my vacation already took care of that. what's your problem?[/QUOTE]Your vacation doesn't like you either?

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
Aren't you a bit touchy???

I didn't write Duke .. I said duke as in to fight, especially with fists: duking it out. :confused:

The world doesn't revolve around you ....

duke@neo.rr.com said:
I'm in process of returning the cue and getting refund. If he honors my request, he will get a positive feedback from me. Otherwise, I'll duke him on AZ.
did you think I wouldn't see that? why do you and Shorty insist on keeping that going? seems like every time I log on, one of the two of you have something negative to say regarding me. you don't have to like me...but STOP rubbing it in! my vacation already took care of that. what's your problem?[/QUOTE]

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TATE said:
There are only a couple of Filipino makers who are up to custom standards.

Chris

From what I have seen and heard you can't go wrong with Edwin Reyes, Viattorre or Linds.
I can personally vouch for Viattorre.

Koop

Shorty

A banger at best...
Silver Member
Koop said:
From what I have seen and heard you can't go wrong with Edwin Reyes, Viattorre or Linds.
I can personally vouch for Viattorre.

I believe Tony Bautista belongs on that list as well Koop. Hunter can also vouch for him I do believe.

Shorty

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shorty said:
I believe Tony Bautista belongs on that list as well Koop. Hunter can also vouch for him I do believe.

Shorty

You bet. Forgot about him.

Thanks Shorty.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Duke! Don't you let it bug you one bit!! Even if 'duke' was meant to refer to you past posts, it's a complement. We all love each other here. Can't you tell?

I, for one, think that 'duke' should be entered in the AZB dictionary with the meaning, "give 'em hell thru the net".

Jazz said:
Aren't you a bit touchy???

I didn't write Duke .. I said duke as in to fight, especially with fists: duking it out. :confused:

The world doesn't revolve around you ....

did you think I wouldn't see that? why do you and Shorty insist on keeping that going? seems like every time I log on, one of the two of you have something negative to say regarding me. you don't have to like me...but STOP rubbing it in! my vacation already took care of that. what's your problem?
[/QUOTE]

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
Hi all,

Shorty's right about Tony Bautista. The one I bought off him is as good as anything I have seen. I had reservations initially, as I bought one of those God awful python wrapped things to evaluate a few years ago. They were too long, too whippy, too gaudy, and the shaft was "finished" to about 200 grit.

Tony has really done a great job on this cue! Fit and finish are beautiful. It is 58" long and has a cored handle. It was a little light when I got it from Shorty, so my local cuemaker friend (Bryan of BCM Cues) added some weight. Bryan is very meticulous with his cues and after examining the cue, he said he'd never seen a Filipino cue that was so well crafted. The cue has a stiff, crisp hit which I really like. I am planning on getting another from Tony in the near future!

Steve

I was searching up the cue and there hasn’t been many reviews on it from this forum in general. The search pulled maybe one page of results. I saw it was old, but all the same thought a review from somebody playing with one may be of benefit to others.