John Schmidt compliments Jayson and the 714 run

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just seen on Facebook's "Straight Pool Fanatics" ~ Arnaldo
John Schmidt compliments Jayson's 714 - at Straight Pool Fanatics Facebook.JPG

gerryf

On John Schmidt's FB page:

"Great run 407 by Jason Shaw I watched a lot of it and I think his patterns are fantastic shot making fantastic Pace fantastic he breaks the balls correctly one of the greatest players who ever lived and I saw him do a few things pattern wise that I really liked that I might even put into my game"

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On John Schmidt's FB page:
"Great run 407 by Jason Shaw I watched a lot of it and I think his patterns are fantastic shot making fantastic Pace fantastic he breaks the balls correctly one of the greatest players who ever lived and I saw him do a few things pattern wise that I really liked that I might even put into my game"
That distinctly sounds like either a hapless team-John person or more likely a troll wrote it as a put-on. It is ridiculously too effusive to have been typed out by any pro player, including John.

Arnaldo

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That distinctly sounds like either a hapless team-John person or more likely a troll wrote it as a put-on. It is ridiculously too effusive to have been typed out by any pro player, including John.

Arnaldo

looks like his writing style with the lack of punctuation, etc. he writes like that.

stevelomako

Here’s Johnny
Silver Member

Arnaldo
If you go look on John’s Facebook page you’ll see that…he…wrote that.

He wrote some other nice stuff about Jayson. 😱😱😱

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
What were they?
Nothing horrific or even RKC level. Merely not as pro Shaw breaking record gushing that some want to think is the case.

Table specs and what could do on it..., etc

Nothing negative on Shaw directly. More so the event and those running it

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nothing horrific or even RKC level. Merely not as pro Shaw breaking record gushing that some want to think is the case.

Table specs and what could do on it..., etc

Nothing negative on Shaw directly. More so the event and those running it
I took a quick look and did not see anything negative. Seemed to be congratulatory most of all. The only not totally positive comment was around the table and saying he'd like to take a run at it. (or something like that) Fair statement in my opinion.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I think he’s a little depressed having it broken and all the accolades he didn’t get given to Jayson.

He didn’t have the right people behind him I guess.
IDK, I think he got plenty of accolades. At the time he broke the record most people seemed to be behind him, cheering. It was the later developments that ruined it a bit. Still, he has no reason to be depressed about this. He made some money and got attention from all over the world. Even got mainstream media attention, which may be harder to get at this point. He also made an awesome run and set the bar for the modern players. He started the chase for the world record, for which all straight pool enthusiasts should be grateful. Were it not for him, we'd still think that Mosconis run was unapproachable, or be endlessly speculating how a run like that would look. I mean he didn't release the video, but because he broke the record, now we got to see a run like that from someone else.

As much as I dislike what happened with the run etc, I must give Schmidt props for his determination and awesome shotmaking. So many heartbreaks before he finally broke it. I watched a 400 ball run of his and in that run alone he had 3-4 shots that were out of this world. Merely making those shots is one thing, but running so many balls behind them is quite another. Usually, when people make shots like that, they miss easy shots shortly thereafter. Not so for Schmidt. That is mental fortitude and a lot less common than people may think. Even champions often miss after making spectacular shots.

Congratulating the new record holder is the right thing to do and does show character. I haven't seen anything he's said that is indicative of anything else, so I'm going by what I know.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I took a quick look and did not see anything negative. Seemed to be congratulatory most of all. The only not totally positive comment was around the table and saying he'd like to take a run at it. (or something like that) Fair statement in my opinion.
That's why it was a shame I didn't screen shot it.

I wasn't able to find it again. Not having the screen shots to back it up is why I added that the comments were not directed at Shaw.

More than likely just buried in the posts his page has endured over the last day or so...lol

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
The only not totally positive comment was around the table and saying he'd like to take a run at it. (or something like that) Fair statement in my opinion.
Was that the same one where he said the organizer of the event couldn't be in the building...?

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was that the same one where he said the organizer of the event couldn't be in the building...?
Yeah, I did not see that one. Honestly, I'd not fault the guy for being a tad salty given:

• The amount of posts he's got through people tagging him on Jayson's run.
  • The amount of negativity directed at him after his run.
  • Folks not wanting to recognize his run as valid because of the lack of unedited to the public, and some question the table.
  • This Legends event feeling to some (and probably JS) it was not what was advertised, but actually an effort to break JS's record.
Regardless, was exciting to watch, very much worth the price I paid. I hope there is more to come, and I hope the organizer is happy with the price he paid.