John Schmidt's 626

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Dan, you make a good point about the 626 video; but if you, or anyone else, never saw the video, how do you really know
It's not real? I do think that just because it wasn't released yet is a bona fide reason for such harsh criticism. (IMHO)
Thank You, my retort - I have competed against j.s many different times, I have caught him in the act of cheating i.e. trying to steal balls that he knew were not his in One Pocket $ match while I was away from the table, polishing cue ball (also while opponent was away from table - then not notifying me conditions have changed). This is not 'here say gossip' the infraction was caught camera plus unedited TAR footage. Those who are trying to cheat there way into success - are betting on the masses not paying attention, I am not apart of the oblivious masses. So again my best answer here is I know his character. Kinda ironic in a news article on j.s. I read (hidden pockets) i.e. corrrupt adoption agency sponsors bca,pbia, pred cues co (wanting to increase testing on public) j.s did not care for his real Native name Vollaria, I guess there was some concern from j.s end - he adopted the German constrction workers name, j.s. said vollaria sounded too much like venereal. Is this a case of precognitive thought from john's end? ;-0

Anyone who claims to have run more than 526 should have to show proof - here say evidence and chopped video theatrical productions - does not qualify as extraordinary evidence or proof - I am from the bona fide Show Me State of mind - honest part Injun'. ;-! So ya here say evidence is always going to be a bit choppy - kinda like his stroke - when he realizes he is not going to win. No other top American 14.1 player would have tried such tomfoolery.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

He Rides the Skies
Silver Member
Dan, you make a good point about the 626 video; but if you, or anyone else, never saw the video, how do you really know
It's not real? I do think that just because it wasn't released yet is a bona fide reason for such harsh criticism. (IMHO)
'Bona fide' meaning 'real', your statements are contradictory, no?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
Plus he's a big meanie and he threw chalk at you.

...not that any of us wouldn't do the same...

Black-Balled

He Rides the Skies
Silver Member
Because I have competed against j.s many different times, I have caught him in the act of cheating (trying to steal balls that he knew were not his in One Pocket $ match) on more than one occasion. Those who are trying to cheat there way into success - are betting on the masses not paying attention, I am not apart of the masses. So again my best answer here is I know his character of the virus, kinda ironic in a news article I read j.s did not care for here real Native name Vollaria, I guess there was some concern from schmidt - he said it sounded too much like venereal I guess that is precognition in action.
Speaking of real names and not using them...

Danny Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
The whole thing smells.

Trying to monetize a video
Shouldn’t take this long. And how marketable is that video? How big is the audience really gonna be? And if it was free how big would the audience be? Not much to really sell here sadly. And it’s not getting better

if I had the ability to run over 527 I’d have contacted every media outlet possible and made a announcement that I was going to crush a long standing record by a well known name “Willie” and marketed it BEFORE I broke the record. But hey, what do I know about $?
Well articulated Fatboy.

HotWire

Thank You, my retort - I have competed against j.s many different times, I have caught him in the act of cheating i.e. trying to steal balls that he knew were not his in One Pocket $ match while I was away from the table, polishing cue ball (also while opponent was away from table - then not notifying me conditions have changed). This is not 'here say gossip' the infraction was caught camera plus unedited TAR footage. Those who are trying to cheat there way into success - are betting on the masses not paying attention, I am not apart of the oblivious masses. So again my best answer here is I know his character. Kinda ironic in a news article on j.s. I read (hidden pockets) i.e. corrrupt adoption agency sponsors bca,pbia, pred cues co (wanting to increase testing on public) j.s did not care for his real Native name Vollaria, I guess there was some concern from j.s end - he adopted the German constrction workers name, j.s. said vollaria sounded too much like venereal. Is this a case of precognitive thought from john's end? ;-0

Anyone who claims to have run more than 526 should have to show proof - here say evidence and chopped video theatrical productions - does not qualify as extraordinary evidence or proof - I am from the bona fide Show Me State of mind - honest part Injun'. ;-! So ya here say evidence is always going to be a bit choppy - kinda like his stroke - when he realizes he is not going to win. No other top American 14.1 player would have tried such tomfoolery.
I agree with your first sentence of the 2nd paragraph up to the dash/hyphen.

HotWire

I would never try to discredit Mr. Mosconi's record high run. I truly admire his skill.
I have read the following about him:
He brought his own set of highly polished balls so they would spread more; the pockets
had to be a minimum size.
Lastly, the table he ran 526 balls was not a regulation table; it was smaller.

xradarx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would never try to discredit Mr. Mosconi's record high run. I truly admire his skill.
He brought his own set of highly polished balls so they would spread more; the pockets
Sorry, tables that the playing field is twice as long as the playing width qualify as a regulation pool table. The 526 was shot on an oversized 4x8 which is actually a 46”x92” playing field, not 44”x88”. Don’t need a slide rule for that one.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

"...the pockets had to be a minimum size."

Citation, please.

Lou Figueroa
start looking under the heading:
BS

8BALL EDDIE

Personally, I'm on the fence about John Schmidt's 626-ball run.

Do I believe that Schmidt, or any of the "witnesses", are lying about the feat? No, not necessarily.

However, I'm not the type of person that just blindly believes word of mouth. Without seeing something for myself, I simply chalk it up as talk.

Furthermore, the fact that there's 'allegedly' video proof of the amazing run, yet nobody will release it, does raise a little suspicion. I mean, if I did something so impressive, I'd make sure the whole world saw it/knew it!

Bottom line: I don't doubt it could have happened. I'll believe it when I see it. None the less, even if Schmidt's claims are completely true, I still find Willie Mosconi's 526-ball run in 1954 far more impressive - given the old tables; cushions; conditions; traditional high-deflection tip, ferrule, shaft, joint, cue; etc. And, the fact that his historic accomplishment stood unmatched for at least 65 years.