John Schmidt's and Corey Deuel's comments on aiming systems

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You claim the <user doesn't need contact points>. Trying to defend that is also retarded. Contact and the points of contact are integral to and a function of, pool.
Is CTE such a sham you need to oversell every contradiction to your spiel?
Ok please explain how contact points are used in cte then as you claim they must be.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The joys of 'correct' and more improtantly consistent mechanics.

I'd wager the majority of misses by >650 players is all mental noise. Closing your eyes is akin to telling you doubts to shut the hell up.
And cte users can aim and do the closed eyes shooting just the same.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
The joys of 'correct' and more improtantly consistent mechanics.

I'd wager the majority of misses by >650 players is all mental noise. Closing your eyes is akin to telling you doubts to shut the hell up.
They are taught to aim with the body after determining the shot line .
Their alignment is so good, I would bet most of their misses are due to movement or "mistroke".

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one who teaches aiming systems has ever claimed that learning to aim is a shortcut to building all of the other skills. It is a foundation to build those skills on.

Also you are so incorrect about the benefit to older players. I have had so many older players say that learning to aim accurately has revived their love of pool and kept them playing.

You can find such testimonials on this forum as a matter of fact.

John I respectfully disagree.

Question for you...
Does Lee Brett need to pivot to improve? How about Shane? Or the English fellow closing his eyes on a Snooker table. Is he missing something?

Stay thirsty my friend!! 😂

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John I respectfully disagree.

Question for you...
Does Lee Brett need to pivot to improve? How about Shane? Or the English fellow closing his eyes on a Snooker table. Is he missing something?

Stay thirsty my friend!! 😂
I don't know what any of those players "need" to improve. Just as I don't know what you need to improve. I know that Center to Edge aiming works and users that have mastered it can get to the correct shot line consistently.

As Confucius allegedly said, "there is always a heaven above the heaven". And Bruce Lee famously said "try everything and keep what works".

You statement was that older players can get no benefit from CTE and you are 100% wrong in that. Many older players have credited CTE with reviving their love of pool by giving them a way to aim that raised their pocketing ability.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
As I have twice noted, retarded. Why don't you explain the mechanics of ProCT resolving any and every shot.
We are talking about your claims. The mechanics of CTE have been explained. You said contact points are part of CTE. They are not. So if you have some way of describing why you think that they are please share. If not then we can conclude that most likely you have no way of doing that. And if so then we can conclude that you are most likely full of BS and thus dismiss your posts as nonsensical drivel.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what any of those players "need" to improve. Just as I don't know what you need to improve. I know that Center to Edge aiming works and users that have mastered it can get to the correct shot line consistently.

As Confucius allegedly said, "there is always a heaven above the heaven". And Bruce Lee famously said "try everything and keep what works".

You statement was that older players can get no benefit from CTE and you are 100% wrong in that. Many older players have credited CTE with reviving their love of pool by giving them a way to aim that raised their pocketing ability.

I just cannot understand how CTE could be easier than just stepping into a shot line? I can line up, get down, close my eyes and make a shot. So my question would be how is doing all those steps, then sweeping be easier?

Does CTE add an extra step to a pre-shot routine? If so is that easier than less steps (and then adding English)?

I do respect you, your pool game and case making skills. And I do believe Stan created a system that works. I just don't understand how CTE makes pool easier. I see many CTE videos often by mid or lower skill level players on CTE. In those videos the players create more questions than answers.

I will study CTE more over the next couple of months and report back my findings....

Thanks

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just cannot understand how CTE could be easier than just stepping into a shot line? I can line up, get down, close my eyes and make a shot.

Thanks
And I can do the same thing using CTE and you couldn't tell the difference. We are just using different ways to see our shot pictures.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
You claim the <user doesn't need contact points>. Trying to defend that is also retarded. Contact and the points of contact are integral to and a function of, pool.
Is CTE such a sham you need to oversell every contradiction to your spiel?
I've seen supposedly CTE'rs walk in and line up the ball to the pocket .
One pro missed a backwards cut to the side twice after walking to the OB on two separate occasions in the same match.
He does not show any of the gimmicky pivots . He became a pro way before getting on the franchise .
One CTE'r here says you can still check the contact point while using CTE. Then I asked him show me in the two dvd's where the contact point is discussed .
Then the head guru now claims pros do not look at the contact point or imagine the ghost ball.
They are "gearing".
They really need to get together and be in synch .
Next, they are going to claim, you don't need to check the contact point when shooting combinations .

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I just cannot understand how CTE could be easier than just stepping into a shot line? I can line up, get down, close my eyes and make a shot. So my question would be how is doing all those steps, then sweeping be easier?

Does CTE add an extra step to a pre-shot routine? If so is that easier than less steps (and then adding English)?

I do respect you, your pool game and case making skills. And I do believe Stan created a system that works. I just don't understand how CTE makes pool easier. I see many CTE videos often by mid or lower skill level players on CTE. In those videos the players create more questions than answers.

I will study CTE more over the next couple of months and report back my findings....

Thanks
Certainty. CTE gives me confidence that I am on the shot line. With that confidence that I have the shot line I can then analyze and adjust for any other consideration that might be needed to make the shot and and get shape.

The steps to use cte are literally seconds per shot. The time to go from aiming to shooting is not any longer than any other way. A cte user goes smoothly from shot to shot. Once in a while a cte user will pause and take some extra time to be sure that the aim is right, pretty much like everyone else does.

Cte is just a different, and more accurate in my experience, way to use your eyes to pick out where to stand before bending into the shot. The whole process actually strengthens the pre-shot routine. The amount of uncertainty is diminished immensely.

Add in how well it works for banking, 1,2,3,4 railers, and it becomes an amazing tool for almost every shot you face where you want to pocket the ball.

All that said, if you're happy with where you are at and you have not found any reason to doubt your aiming accuracy then don't change. I am thinking hard about how to test aiming conclusively. I want to separate aiming from execution for the purpose of not judging the aiming system by the amount of shots pocketed. Of course pocketing percentage over a spectrum of shot difficulty is necessary to evaluate aiming systems as well.

But I want to figure out an easy way that a person can determine if they are actually aimed right for a center ball hit on the cueball. Once that can be accomplished then various aiming systems can be tested against the invisible shot line. If, for example, a laser were set up on the shot line and turned off then I could ask you to assume the shooting position with the shaft pointing at center ball on the shot line. Then when the laser is turned on it should split your shaft of you picked the right line.

Anyway, I personally think that you will find cte to be as accurate as I claim it is and will see that it does make the aiming process smooth and give you complete confidence that you have got the correct shot line.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
One pro missed a backwards cut to the side twice after walking to the OB on two separate occasions in the same match.
He does not show any of the gimmicky pivots . He became a pro way before getting on the franchise .
One CTE'r here says you can still check the contact point while using CTE. Then I asked him show me in the two dvd's where the contact point is discussed .
Then the head guru now claims pros do not look at the contact point or imagine the ghost ball.
They are "gearing".
Next, they are going to claim, you don't need to check the contact point when shooting combinations .
If a person wants to use contact points they can. It is not a part of cte instruction.

As for combinations there are several ways to measure them. I like to use cte to find the correct line from the first ball to the object ball. Once I have that then I have a contact point on the first ball and I simply aim the edge to that contact point and shift to center ball and it works. I developed that on my own when playing around with how to be more accurate when shooting combos and found that it works pretty good.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
They are "gearing".
What's the pro's name? What match and when? Is missing a shot indicative that an aiming system doesn't work?

I know I have said a thousand times at least that any human is absolutely allowed to use any mental tools they have learned to aim with. Just because a person has learned an named system doesn't mean they can use ghost ball or contact points as well if they want to. Does Niels missing a shot mean that ghost ball doesn't work?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
CTE'rs need to agree with each other. They contradict themselves.
Stan says the half-tip pivot is essential to cte .
Says they don't need to know the contact point or ghost ball or tangent line.
Some followers make their own cte process .
Heck some claim it worked great BEFORE they even learned it .

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE'rs need to agree with each other. They contradict themselves.
Stan says the half-tip pivot is essential to cte .
Says they don't need to know the contact point or ghost ball or tangent line.
Some followers make their own cte process .
Heck some claim it worked great BEFORE they even learned it .
We do agree with each other. It's just people like you with no knowledge of CTE that still try to discredit it. WHY IS THAT?
The half tip pivot is essential to basic CTE, and always has been and always will be.
Knowing the CP or GB IS NOT NECESSARY TO CTE, although the CP could be a useful tool in knowing which way to sweep.
CTE PRO-ONE requires a sweep, BUT NO PIVOT.
I know this info will not sink into your head and you will continue your assault on CTE but I figured I'd put the truth out there anyways.