Johnny Archer/Danny Hairy-man commemorative....

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Song deleted out of respect to Danny Harriman, who I NOW think is a class act and a good sport.
Others, please delete the tune.

Last edited:

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
RJ,

Varner and another player did this move way before Danny did. Why did you single Danny out?

As I enjoy your past post's and I like you, I think that this is mean, derogatory and not at all funny.:(

Danny should not be singled out for this, nor should he have a derogatory name attached to him such as this.

I wish you would just pull this thread, it's not funny! Atleast to me it's not.:(

Eydie

TheWorm

Registered
Bad Taste!!

I agree completely with you on this one Eydie!! I wish people would stop think and know all the facts about a situation before they make posts based on only part of the information!! I think this whole thread should be deleted because anybody that continues to call Danny a cheat for not breaking any rules and in fact only doing what he saw numerous others do throughout the tournament needs to have his head examined!! Danny has more respect for the game and other people than just about anybody I have ever known!

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
i think it was more a statement from danny then a disrespectfull thing.

its unprofessional to jump on the table, as much as its unprofessional to not have this rule included.

(ps i havent seen it, just read the link u posted, but thats my 2c)

johnrp2005

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
still its so puzzling why harriman didnt grab the bridge like you supposed to do. it must have made archer feel silly so what was the loophole inthis he takes off his shoes so he still has his foot attached to his body.

jjinfla

Banned
Calling Harriman a cheater for working within the rules, especially after seeing other well known players do the same thing, is outlandish.

Jake

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
RJ,

Varner and another player did this move way before Danny did. Why did you single Danny out?

As I enjoy your past post's and I like you, I think that this is mean, derogatory and not at all funny.:(

Danny should not be singled out for this, nor should he have a derogatory name attached to him such as this.

I wish you would just pull this thread, it's not funny! Atleast to me it's not.:(

Eydie

Eydie

This is continuing on because they only reported one side of the story on their website. Those of us that have talked to Danny about this incident and read the onesided reports that were made on the IPT website understand that both sides of this story were not reported. It is unfair to keep spotlighting this incident INSTEAD of spotlighting the fantastic week that Danny had at this event. Threads like this cheapen Danny's accomplishments thus far with the IPT.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
Blackjack said:
It is unfair to keep spotlighting this incident INSTEAD of spotlighting the fantastic week that Danny had at this event. Threads like this cheapen Danny's accomplishments thus far with the IPT.

It hasn't cheapened Danny's accomplishments in my eyes. I think he did GREAT and I'd like to have his baby.....

Doug
(what the hell am I saying)

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
It hasn't cheapened Danny's accomplishments in my eyes. I think he did GREAT and I'd like to have his baby.....

Doug
(what the hell am I saying)

Doug,
I should have said that these types of threads "attempt to cheapen" Danny's accomplishments. Myself, I am proud of Danny for the way he played and represented himself throughout the tournament.

arian dacongan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get Things Straight

This Incident Is Really Unfortunate And The Continuing Singling Out Of Danny Is ,in My Opinion Wrong.people Bashing Danny(wheter Intended For Fun Or Not) Either Don't Know The Whole Story And Related Stories(i.e. Other Ipt Player Did The Same Thing) Or Are Just Blindly Does Not Like Danny.

However....danny Knows, As Well As Anybody Playing Serious Pool, That This "unspoken Rule" Is Known From The Beginning Of Time All Over The World. In The Philippines ,where There Are No Written Rules Such As What Bca Has (which I Think Is Great), Even Little Kids Playing Pool Would Never Do Such A Thing.no Serious Player I Know Has Ever Done Such A Thing-ever -specially In A Tournament-wether The Rule Is Written Or Not.i Know That Danny Is A Class Person But I Think This Will Stay With Him As A Stigma And A Lesson(hopefully), That You Don't Exploit The Loophole.i Know That They Are Playing For A Lot Of Money-but I Believe That If Danny Has To Go Back Again In Time, He Probobly Would Have Done It.it Just Leaves A Bad Taste In His Mouth --even When You Play By The Rule. This Is Where ,i Guess, You Have To Dig Down On Your Character And Show That Wheter The Rule Is There Or Not-you Will Still Honor The Game We All Love.

As For The Ipt--this Is Excusable Anyway -in My Opinion-they Just Started And It's Part Of Growing Process-but They Rectify The Problem(loophole) And Deno Admitted To The Oversight(the Rule According To Him Has Been There Since 1830).

Lastly, I Hope That They Will Stop Bashing Danny And The Ipt.

Nothing Is Perfect And I Just Hope Tthat Everybody Appreciate Ipt.we Never Had So Much Excitement In This Game,,and Aspiring And Pro Players Had Never So Much Hope More Than Now.

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eydie Romano said:
RJ,

Eydie

Exactly. It seems that the only reason Danny got singled out is because Archer made a big stink about it. Archer should've shaken his hand at least.

On another note, what I find very interesting is that in the IPT story, it says:

"Afterward Archer remarked to Gabe Owen, “I didn’t even shake his hand. He said, ‘You’re disrespecting me,’ and I said, ‘Hey, we’re in suits and ties here, and you’re jumping on the table like a monkey … you’re disrespecting me.”
Standing nearby, Owen stated, “That’s awful. A loophole like that is bad.”"

How strange, then, is it to see Gabe Owen doing this:
http://photos.internationalpooltour.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=220

I got nothing against Gabe Owen, but this seems a little hypocritical.

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
recoveryjones said:
...SONG.

For those of you that don't know at the recent IPT event a bizzare happening occured between Archer and Harriman during their group match.
Harriman removed his shoes and jumped up on the table and made a shot WITH NO FEET ON THE FLOOR. Archer had thought he had been cheated, but because the IPT neglected to have it in their rules, the shot was deemed legal.Archer referred to Danny as being a Monkey.

To get to the full story check out this IPT link:

http://www.internationalpooltour.com/ipt_content/events/06_wo_8ball_open/sportswriter/s_day4.asp#9

Anyways I've penned out a song to commemorate(humour) this contoversial/bizzare event.I've wrote it to the song by "The Traveling Willburys(with Bob Dylan) called, "Tweeter and the Monkey Man". Feel free to download that song and sing along to these lyrics:

A CHEATER NAMED THE MONKEY MAN

A cheater named the Monkey man was hard up for cash
Jumped up on that table, gave the cue ball a slash
He made the eight drop, that was Mister his plan
For reasons so- explained, Scorp hates the Monkey man

Cheater made Johnny pout, with a sneaky scam
A loophole in the rules, he didn’t give a damn
He knew at the IPT, there’s money’s on the line
So he popped off his shoes and Archer started cryin’

(chorus)
And the balls fell down….. made the eight as well
On the floor he wasn’t standing
And ah Archer screamed like hell

The IPT cop, sided with the monkey man
Johnny riled good, wanted to see him in the can
Dan that was a bad scene, you make me feel so ill
Why ya cheat me monkey man, ah beat me with your skill

Ah ready to explode, cheated by the deal
Was bashed in a paradise, you could hear Johnny squeal
The monkey man pulled out his hand, shake it I desire
Archer said you jerk, just go and pull your wire

(chorus)

A thread was posted up, opinions left behind
Cheater stole the match away and messed up his mind
Some side with the monkey, choices are a free
That’s why I like a posting, here ah Aye-Zee

Next day Danny boy was ah, hot in pursuit
He was taking the whole thing personal
He didn’t care about the loot.
Hustlers told him many times it was you to me who taught
In pool anything’s legal as long as you don’t get caught

(chorus)

Someplace in the tourney, he ran out of gas
That’s karma kicking in boy, ha-you didn’t think that this could last
Dan bumped out now dead, said there’s someplace I gotta go
He took the money from his drawer, said its best if you don’t know

The Scorpion was clowned… face down in the field
The monkey man filled his fridge, using money he had a wheeled
John said to the Strickland man, I’m not fooled by cheaters Earl
I knew him long before, he ever became a shoeless girl

(chorus)

Now the town of Reno city, is quieting down again
I’m sitting in a gambling club, called the Ho’s den
The video has slown up, every bit of it is gone
Ever since the frightly blues show, that the monkey man was on

I guess I’ll go play pool and get myself some fun
There’s lots of opportunity there, seen what can be done
Sometimes I think of Johnny, sometimes I am a fan
Sometimes I don’t think about nothing but the Monkey man

RJ
Now wasn't this originally written by the Travelling Billiardbees?:p :p

Keith Buck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
suckershot said:
Exactly. It seems that the only reason Danny got singled out is because Archer made a big stink about it. Archer should've shaken his hand at least.

On another note, what I find very interesting is that in the IPT story, it says:

"Afterward Archer remarked to Gabe Owen, “I didn’t even shake his hand. He said, ‘You’re disrespecting me,’ and I said, ‘Hey, we’re in suits and ties here, and you’re jumping on the table like a monkey … you’re disrespecting me.”
Standing nearby, Owen stated, “That’s awful. A loophole like that is bad.”"

How strange, then, is it to see Gabe Owen doing this:
http://photos.internationalpooltour.com/cpg/displayimage.php?album=15&pos=220

I got nothing against Gabe Owen, but this seems a little hypocritical.

I don't see anything hypocritical about it. He said it was bad that the IPT left a loophole like that in their rules. He didn't say he wouldn't or shouldn't take advantage of it.

9BallBust-O

Draw that Rock
Silver Member
For Danny Haters

Its so funny in the game how people just love to hate people for being good - and in this case by playing by the rules. People just love to drill Danny. Well for all Danny haters I just have one thing to say ...let me paint the picture.........
(Me getting on top of a pool table filpping off Danny haters with on thing to say ... Suck it.):p

KEEP STROKIN EM AND SMOKIN EM DANNY!:D

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
i don't see how you can criticize Archer tbh. He has every right to be miffed about it - as he said it's supposedly meant to be a gentlemanly game - especially the IPT. Everyone knows you don't climb on a table because it's against the rules, and Danny Harriman knew that it was just an error in the rules. exploiting it is NOT very sportsmanlike which is where Archer's gripe lies I think.

Now, as to whether you can blame Danny for taking advantage of it though is a different issue alltogether. Arguably you can't blame him for doing it, but you can't moan at Archer for being pissed about it.

PoolSharkAllen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had a heated discussion on this Harriman/Archer controversy last week. Why are we rehashing the same points all over again? It's time to move on.