Johnny Archer's Parents (from 1993 US Open)

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
I was watching Johnny Archer playing Mike Sigel (1993 US Open) on ESPN Classic recently and was pleasantly surprised to see Johnny's parents in the crowd. The camera zoomed in & I was struck by how much Johnny resembles his father. His momma gave the camera a shy wave that was very endearing and his poppa gave the camera a proud grin & chuckle.

I thought I'd share my (poor) photo with the rest of you that may have not seen his parents before. I wonder if they were able to witness many of their son's great moments in the game?!?

sparentsat1993usopen007.jpg
 
I was watching Johnny Archer playing Mike Sigel (1993 US Open) on ESPN Classic recently and was pleasantly surprised to see Johnny's parents in the crowd.

I have that match on Accu-Stats it's a great hill-hill match.
 
I saw his folks at a tournament in Greenville, SC several years ago. Didn't need anyone to tell me that it was his dad, knew it the minute he walked in.
 
JA's dad's nose gives JA's nose the 5.<----------and dont get mad at me for saying it I'm quoting JA. He's real close with his dad. He has a great supportive family that has been a big part of his carreer.
 
Back
Top