Johnny Grasso AKA "the Mailman"

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
East coast player/hustler that wore a mailman's uniform much of the time. Not sure if he was really an employee of the USPS. Time-frame would be late 60's to early 70's. Any info would be appreciated. I have his Paradise sneaky pete and would like to know more about this character.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought I played him in KY...but he was a Gerald (Raichlie?).

Great hustle, just behind the pizza delivery uniform and the all time best: suit and tie, IMO!

Purdman

Banned
I believe he was a mail man in Washington, D.C.. Use to play at the Golden Cue in Alexandria, VA. with Frank Tavener, a Cadillac salesman and the room owner. I was 20 at the time and working the pool hall for Frank.
Big Bucks was the name of that game. 9 ball banks was their thing. That's back when RA was killing everybody one handed, either hand at Jack and Jills.
Don

East coast player/hustler that wore a mailman's uniform much of the time. Not sure if he was really an employee of the USPS. Time-frame would be late 60's to early 70's. Any info would be appreciated. I have his Paradise sneaky pete and would like to know more about this character.

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
I believe he was a mail man in Washington, D.C.. Use to play at the Golden Cue in Alexandria, VA. with Frank Tavener, a Cadillac salesman and the room owner. I was 20 at the time and working the pool hall for Frank.
Big Bucks was the name of that game. 9 ball banks was their thing. That's back when RA was killing everybody one handed, either hand at Jack and Jills.
Don

Thanks for the information Don. By chance do you remember the cue he used? I bought a cue years ago off eBay, accompanied by a letter from his wife stating it was his Paradise cue. I would love to hear your description, it might match the cue. Thanks in advance. HEH