joint pin question

JoshStodola

My stroke is garbage
Silver Member
You can try to change the topic of you attacking me with the Exploding A Joint Bullshit from SBE. The fact remains that you drew first blood and could never be a friend of mine unless you apologized to me. Get it.

So you can beat around the bush all you want say you never mentioned my name RAT. Everyone who read that thread understands who you were talking about so you are the liar. I don't give a flying _____ one way or another where you stand concerning me but don't be the little girl and try to say you are not 100% complicit dude.

It makes you look even more stupid.

Yea Rat, you got some splanain to dooo!

Delete your original post, Rick. Revise your original post. Either way,
you look like a coward! If you had any friends they should do you
a tremendous favor and disconnect your Internet. You are insane!

Last edited:

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Ryan,

Top notch? Unfortunately Rat, you are not allowed to be the one to judge that.

You spinning a shaft within a collet, ruining the finish and then shipping it back in that condition is disgusting. You could not have missed that because the finish was completely wipe off the wood. And then you shipped it that way.

You are either completely inept, lazy, or just don't give a damn.

I will go out on a limb and eliminate the inept part. So are you lazy or just give a damn?

People who are top notch deliver top notch each and every time because they know you are judged each and every time you ship a job. And yes, when top notch people make a mistake they take care of business and fix it or replace it with an apology.

Your ego is so inflated that reality in obscured.

If you seek contrition I would be happy to give you Brad's number so you can apologize.

The first step Rat is to admit there is a problem. You can call me a liar and say I am making up a story and play the victim but them you would be digging a deeper hole.

It is always up to others to judge our work. My judgement of yours is obsevstional based on your ability to ruin someone's finish when doing a simple tap job and shipping that way. What would it have taken for you to fix it even if you just super glued, wet sanded and buffer.

Anyone who is top notch could do a repair over maple and make it look right in short order. There is no defense.

So you can back track and say what you want about you post and it not being aimed at and say it was a general statement or whatever you have since described. Have fun with that notion.

I only have 3/8 10, 11, 11.5 and 14 in my shop as i only do flat face repairs. Why because I am a part time cue repair guy busy build cues full time. All other referrals goes to KJ. I did have a unilock radial but it was lost when I moved my shop.

JMO,

Rick

Saving this before Ricky edits it.

ratcues

No yodeling, please.
Silver Member
Ryan,

And yes, I am not going to reveal the names of people who contacted me privatly but I can tell you they all echoed the same sediment. I don't post on AZ anymore because of the type of attitudes that were presented in this thread. Disagreeing with someone is ok but being disrespectfull or condescending breeds disrespect and further condescending attitudes in counterpoint. To that end I am also guilty.

So what is your take on Ray Schuler's shafts and matching joint concentricity on all his cues.

Ray Ray's shop was 1/2 mile from my house and Ray's best friend, pantographer artist / designer cue maker is in my shop over 10 hrs per week just hanging out. The amount of time I spent visiting Ray's shop is augmented with the vast amount of information Stew has shared with me and many others here concerning his many years at Ray's shop as well as Bert Schrager's shop on the west coast.

I had 84 APA and BCA teams at my Billirads Cafe and there were a ton of Schuler Cues I worked on here in Schuler country. I spun a ton of his shafts and I don't think he had any problems taper turning his cues on the pilot nor do I with my concentricity device pin which does the same thing only I have a flat faced big pin.

I said more than once on this thread that there is a lot if talent here and I can respectfully disagree with the 5 or 6 that have the talent but no experience with the method. The rest are just people who want to pile on that don't know a tail stock from a taper bar but are monkey see monkey do.

Ryan, I have showed videos of a typical shaft being tapered, spinning between centers, roll tested 4 different ways. Also I showed a typical pin Run out a less than .0003 and indicated the face in my buck chuck showing Zero without even a tremble on the needle on the .0005 dial.

Add to that I have personally invited anyone who travels to Chicago in the future to visit my shop and have lunch. What more can I say or do.

So you can believe me or you are left with name calling if you wish to imply that I am a Lier.

Now the ball is in you court Ryan. Sock it to me baby and let it all hang out.

There is nothing you can say or do to hurt my reputation as a technician or a business person. I was making my bones and established a high level of credability as a person with you were in grammer school.

Let me ask you this Ryan. Do you ship Rat cues with taper rolls and think that it is wrong for a customer to question a loose fitting pin and a shaft that is off by a credit card width in the middle of the shaft when rolled?

If your answer is yes, then we agree on something. If you choose not to answer it will reveal a lot about you in my view and judgment.

I think you know where I stand on that question! As I said, it is all about standards. That is something we as cue makers have total control over.

JMO,

Rick

Saving before Ricky edits it.