Jose Parica

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a great photo of Jose, Bustie, Efren, et al.! Thanks for sharing.

Jose is a good friend of Keith's. In fact, when I met Keith for the very first time in Maryland, he was traveling with Jose Parica
from Derby City Classic to the Capital City Classic in Maryland. :grin-loving:

Me, I had been away from pool for a long, long time, working at my career in Washington, D.C. I ran into an old pool croney
who told me about this tournament in Maryland said I should come meet him and hang out with the rest of my pool gang
that I had not seen in a while.:smile:

So I did. I drove out there to the tournament, and in the parking lot, my friend called me and said he could not make it,
that he had to work late. I almost drove away, thinking I wouldn't know anybody inside, but I reluctantly went inside alone
to check it out. :eek:

When I first walked in, I ran into Dennis Wilson and his lovely wife Rose. Wow! Old friends of mine who happened
to be running the tournament. We chatted for a while, and then I moseyed on inside the tournament room, and there
was Tom-Tom, Timmy Crown, Black Brandon, and a slew of othe Maryland pool peeps. It was just like old times,
me sitting on the rail with them, cackling and laughing. I had a blast. :rotflmao:

I went outside to smoke a cigarette, and there he was in full view, the infamous Keith McCready aka Grady Seasons.
I never met him before, but I knew about him from my old boyfriend Geese. Geese went to California and hung out
with Keith and Cole Dickson playing pool all over the state. In fact, Cole and Geese became pretty good buddies. :smiling-heart:

So I got my nerve up and spoke to this Keith McCready, a stranger to me, while puffing on my cigarette and said,
"You may know my old boyfriend. He said he stayed with you in California. His name is Geese." Keith immediately
acknowedged Geese, and we shared a few Geese stories, pool tales that are always funny and entertaining. ;)

And up walks this short man who smiles at Keith as he's getting ready to enter the venue. Keith introduces me to him
and says that his name is Jose. I was pretty green about professional pool back then. In fact, I didn't know anything about
who's who in pool on the national scene back then. I said, "Hi, Jose. Do you play pool too?" Jose giggled and nodded his head yes
and quickly entered the venue, without saying a word. :p

Jose Parica, the man I asked if he played pool too, ended up winning the tournament at the Capital City Classic that week. :grin:

The story continues from here about Keith, me, and the legendary Larry Lisciotti, but I'll save that for another time. :cool:

Wow Jenny! Great post. First time I've read you call Geese you BF LOL.GREAT POST NONE THE LESS

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
Awesome story! And I kid you not!
Sharing this back at my site. :)

AK

What a great photo of Jose, Bustie, Efren, et al.! Thanks for sharing.

Jose is a good friend of Keith's. In fact, when I met Keith for the very first time in Maryland, he was traveling with Jose Parica
from Derby City Classic to the Capital City Classic in Maryland. :grin-loving:

Me, I had been away from pool for a long, long time, working at my career in Washington, D.C. I ran into an old pool croney
who told me about this tournament in Maryland said I should come meet him and hang out with the rest of my pool gang
that I had not seen in a while.:smile:

So I did. I drove out there to the tournament, and in the parking lot, my friend called me and said he could not make it,
that he had to work late. I almost drove away, thinking I wouldn't know anybody inside, but I reluctantly went inside alone
to check it out. :eek:

When I first walked in, I ran into Dennis Wilson and his lovely wife Rose. Wow! Old friends of mine who happened
to be running the tournament. We chatted for a while, and then I moseyed on inside the tournament room, and there
was Tom-Tom, Timmy Crown, Black Brandon, and a slew of othe Maryland pool peeps. It was just like old times,
me sitting on the rail with them, cackling and laughing. I had a blast. :rotflmao:

I went outside to smoke a cigarette, and there he was in full view, the infamous Keith McCready aka Grady Seasons.
I never met him before, but I knew about him from my old boyfriend Geese. Geese went to California and hung out
with Keith and Cole Dickson playing pool all over the state. In fact, Cole and Geese became pretty good buddies. :smiling-heart:

So I got my nerve up and spoke to this Keith McCready, a stranger to me, while puffing on my cigarette and said,
"You may know my old boyfriend. He said he stayed with you in California. His name is Geese." Keith immediately
acknowedged Geese, and we shared a few Geese stories, pool tales that are always funny and entertaining. ;)

And up walks this short man who smiles at Keith as he's getting ready to enter the venue. Keith introduces me to him
and says that his name is Jose. I was pretty green about professional pool back then. In fact, I didn't know anything about
who's who in pool on the national scene back then. I said, "Hi, Jose. Do you play pool too?" Jose giggled and nodded his head yes
and quickly entered the venue, without saying a word. :p

Jose Parica, the man I asked if he played pool too, ended up winning the tournament at the Capital City Classic that week. :grin:

The story continues from here about Keith, me, and the legendary Larry Lisciotti, but I'll save that for another time. :cool:

AnitoKid

And I kid you not!
Silver Member
3ucYpvC.jpg

51smZOX.jpg

bJR7huP.jpg

The pics were taken at the November 2017 J&P Cup
at the AMF-Puyat Superbowl in Makati City.

My good friends, Jesse Gonzales Cambosa and Arvin Arceo, arranged everything
related to the Great Jose Amang Parica's presence on my very first visit
to our second home after my several years of "leave of absence" from the game!

To actually sit beside Amang and have dinner with him and his son, Jesse,
Arvin, Pareng Vic and Vickoy! And to speak to our friends, right alongside
the distinguished and accomplished guests - Putch Puyat -
the Godfather of Philippine Billiards, Senator Manny Pacquiao ,
and the Great Amang Parica! WOW!

I will never forget that night. I will always remember! And I kid you not!

AnitoKid

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow Jenny! Great post. First time I've read you call Geese you BF LOL.GREAT POST NONE THE LESS

Yeah, Geese and me, we used to be a couple. :grin-loving:

I miss him, hearing his Geese laugh! He knew how to have fun!

Keith said one of the best times of his life, when he laughed so long and so hard, was with Geese. That's a real story to hear! Oh, man! Driving in L.A. traffic with Geese doing a massé shot as he passes cars and then a cut shot right the corner exit ramp. Keith said he couldn't stop laughing. And then there was that fisherman's hat that Geese used to wear with the front brim turned up, trying to not look like a pool player. Can you imagine Geese and Keith together on the road? :grin:

Attachments

• Geese and Jam.jpg
    Geese and Jam.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 307

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Parica had won close to one hundred tournaments in the U.S., thirteen in Japan, and three in the Philippines (the 1980, 1989 and 1992 Philippine Nine-ball Open Championships). In 1988, Parica participated in the Japanese circuit, winning eight of
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
the nine tournaments he competed in, and placing 2nd in the other. That same year, he
--------------------------------------------------------------------
won the World Pro Tournament, the largest tournament of the time, beating arch-rival Reyes 9–3 in the finals. The tournament was played in Tokyo and had 900 players. Parica earned the first prize of ¥5M. That year, Parica had total winnings of $289K.

wiki

This is true. Jose won more tournaments in Japan and other Asian countries before American pool players started venturing out into pool on an international scale on a regular basis, like they do today.

Jose told me about these tournaments, and he has a long list of them. It's a shame he gets no respect sometimes in the pool world.

The AzBilliards trolls -- we all know who I am referring to -- enjoy writing assine comments to get others upset, but best thing to do is realize they're trolls with nothing better to do in their life than to come on AzBilliards, hide behind a computer monitor, and hope to rile others up for their own enjoyment.

Thank God for Facebook.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have not spoken to Jose in a long time, but last time I did, he was living with is wife, who runs a successful medical business. I think they moved from California to Las Vegas or else had a second home in Vegas, which for Jose might not be a good place to live.

Like Keith, Jose definitely enjoys the Vegas attractions (games) that have to do with winning. :wink:

I have dozens and dozens of Jose Parica pics, but here's a few of my faves. :)

Attachments

• Jose.JPG
    Jose.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 296
  • Jose Parica and Larry Lisciotti.jpg
    Jose Parica and Larry Lisciotti.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Jose Parica and Dennis Orcullo.JPG
    Jose Parica and Dennis Orcullo.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Jose Parica at the IPT KOTH.JPG
    Jose Parica at the IPT KOTH.JPG
    13.5 KB · Views: 301

parvus1202

Suspected hacked account
Silver Member
According to some older Pinoy friends, Parica started gambling at the age of 7. He stands at a wooden beer case to reach the table. I don't know if that story is tyrue.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
I did not know Jose well but admired him greatly. Not only was he a great player but super friendly and easy to talk to. I had a few conversations with him when he played in the Derby. I'd always be sure to sit down next to him when he was not in action, he always engaged me in conversation and laughter. I sure will miss seeing him and watching him play.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
All,
This has been a thoroughly enjoyable thread in many ways.
First and foremost, I am very pleased for the great and positive update on Jose.
Sounds like he is enjoying life's positives. Very much deserved.
Second, I appreciate all the great pictures of Jose.
And yes, of JAM's early adventures!
Thanks all.

Will Prout

Mr. J

Jeff Jimenez
Silver Member
Rudolfo Luat

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Long ago mid 90’s I was in the company of all of the 5 original Efren Jose Busta Andam and Luat..... of course Andam passed away “motorcycle accident I believe “,,,,, But Now how is Rudolfo Luat doing??? He was much fun to hang out with 1996 World Champion...he was always so shy and as they always said...”no one plays the game like Luat”....👍🏽😉