Josey Cues?

macaframa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking about ordering a Josey cue, but before I do can anyone tell me of the quality of cue he makes and playing charactoristics of the his cues, shaft wood quality.

9 on the snap

Budweiser fears me
Silver Member
I love mine. It's top notch quality. Great stiff hit. Love the balance, it's not butt heavy as there is no weight bolt. Both shafts are great. Wouldn't play with another stick if I can help it. OK, maybe my Bob Frey sneaky, but that's it!:D

Attachments

• Josey Cue 006.jpg
    Josey Cue 006.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 267
  • Josey Cue 008.jpg
    Josey Cue 008.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 235
  • Josey Cue 005.jpg
    Josey Cue 005.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 238

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice cues, the ones I've played with hit stiff, stiffer than the Tucker that I had at the time or my Dishaw that I've had since '94 or '95.

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
Very stiff, some very unique designs, and the work is as good or better than any other cuemaker.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Good cues. I have seen & played with a few & like them. Good craftsmanship & good material choices & the cues played very well. I don't know him but I hear he's a helleva nice guy.

Tokyo-dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was selling cues in Japan, his cues were one of the most in demand. I've played a few of them, and they all play consistently the same. Nice woods, nice attention to detail, and from the few contacts I've had with him, you really get the feeling that he's more out to put a nice instrument into a players hand before making a buck.
dave

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Good reviews by all. If you like a whippy cue, don't buy a Josey, Top quality for those who like a stiffer hit with great feel. But I'm prejudiced...count me among those who love their Josey. Shaft? Since I got my Josey I no longer look for the perfect shaft. I have been tempted to buy one of his extra cost old growth shafts, but really don't see a need..If I were ordering another cue from him, I'd probably order one shaft standard, the other old growth, just to be able to compare.

wolfgang

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His 300.00 to $400.00 sneakys play just as well as his higher priced cues.
The playabilty means more to me than the looks.

Ironman317

Cash Me In....
Silver Member
i love mine. its has a stiff hit, but the balance is perfect. keith and his wife are the best people in the world to deal with also. i just talked to him and he has some cues made up. you will not be dissapointed.

weeseng

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very stiff hit, very consistent from cue to cue, whether its a sneaky pete or plain jane, they all play well.. the quality of his shafts is AMAZING, very straight grains, very clean, and very smooth.. You won't be disappointed with the quality of Josey cues and Keith and Sherri are extremely customer orientated..

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Good quality and workmanship, good shaft wood, good person to do business with, very stiff hit (too stiff for my preferences).

macaframa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
great reviews spoke with home on the phone very nice it sound like what i've read here i can't go wrong with one of his cues

jingle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
macaframa said:
great reviews spoke with home on the phone very nice it sound like what i've read here i can't go wrong with one of his cues

Go for the Josey. Great cues and great people to work with. You won't be disappointed!

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Josey offers great craftsmanship and they're wonderful people, too. Shawn Putnam plays with a Josey, as well. Beautiful cues and they play great!

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Keith makes absolutely beautiful hitting and looking cues so I'm sure you won't be disappointed at all. I met him years ago after purchasing a cue of his and visited his home and shop. All I can say is that his cues are outstanding, but he's even a better person so how could you go wrong with that combination?

Call him NOW and order YOUR cue! :)