Joss- 1968-1979- Post your Pictures Please!!!

Patrick

1 Pocket Addict
Silver Member
I play in the 9-ball tourney they hold in Peabody every other Saturday...I may just take you up on that offer sometime. I really appreciate the offer.

Thanks!

srober40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joss Pictures

Here are some group pictures. Sorry for the poor photography.

Attachments

• Joss Block Letter Cues Joints.jpg
    Joss Block Letter Cues Joints.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2,423
  • Joss Block Letter Cues Forearms.jpg
    Joss Block Letter Cues Forearms.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 2,449
  • Joss Block Letter Cues Butts.jpg
    Joss Block Letter Cues Butts.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 2,451

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Bump....

For some more old JOSS cues! Where are they? Who has something unique?:eek:

pixel8tr

Registered
Why do you think your cue is 73-75 vintage? I have an identical one with different color veneers that I am pretty sure I bought around 1970. I talked to Bill Stroud about it , and he told me that they only made a few early ones with the 3/8-10 pin, as they found out that McDermott shafts would screw on. I am also pretty sure the joint on mine is ivory, it doesn't look like Micarta. Will post pix of it & my #8 Diamond series soon. They are great cues!

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Why do you think your cue is 73-75 vintage? I have an identical one with different color veneers that I am pretty sure I bought around 1970. I talked to Bill Stroud about it , and he told me that they only made a few early ones with the 3/8-10 pin, as they found out that McDermott shafts would screw on. I am also pretty sure the joint on mine is ivory, it doesn't look like Micarta. Will post pix of it & my #8 Diamond series soon. They are great cues!

Does yours have a logo?

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought my cue was an early one too but the logo is not from the 68-72 era.
Post some pics please.

jkmarshall_cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have an old fat butt 1972 JOSS completely refinished by Tim Scruggs with paperwork about 5 years ago and put away in a Fellini case in storage. Cue has an ivory flat faced joint, 3/8-10 stainless steel pin, and ivory ferrule. This cue is in perfect shape. Ebony has nice striping and pics do not do this cue justice.

I also have a pristine 1968 ebony and ivory JOSS, leather wrap, ivory boxes in butt sleeve, and beautiful ebony and green veneers in the forearm. Both cues have paperwork.

John

johnkmarshall@comcast.net

P1110081.jpg

P7200080.jpg

P7200083.jpg

P7200079.jpg

P7200078-1.jpg

P1110082.jpg

P1110085.jpg

P7200077.jpg

fab944

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
68-69

Bought this cue back in the early 80's from a classmate. It came with a nice Fellini case. Unfortunately, the original ivory joint cracked. I had it replaced with a stainless joint.

Luckily, I ran into Bill Stroud at the Super Billiards Expo a few years ago. He told me he'd be happy to refurbish the cue for me. The one mistake I made was changing the linen wrap. It originally had a white & green-speckled wrap. I should have left it.

joss 01.jpg

joss 03.jpg

joss 04.jpg

joss 05.jpg

joss 08.jpg