Joss cues

maurice.rojas

Sorry if this has been asked but I dont see it.
Am thinking of a Joss cue, and they are pretty, but there are several series I think, and I don't know what the difference is because every one of them says made in the USA.

Are any of these made outside the US or at an outsourced factory?

I see the 10-xx and 20-xx series in the Joss website (10-03, 10-02, 20-19, 20-37, 20-34, 20-124)
I also see JOSxxx in like Ebay stores (JOS173, JOS55, JOS44, JOS171)
I also see LJxx series (LJ20, LJ30, LJ40, LJ50)
And I have also been seeing the MJ series (MJ206, MJ207, MJ208, MJ209)

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I wouldn’t buy any cue that has a stylized Joss on it ….buy from Joss.
Dan Janes told me over 25 years ago about counterfeit Joss cues.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if this has been asked but I dont see it.
Am thinking of a Joss cue, and they are pretty, but there are several series I think, and I don't know what the difference is because every one of them says made in the USA.

Are any of these made outside the US or at an outsourced factory?

I see the 10-xx and 20-xx series in the Joss website (10-03, 10-02, 20-19, 20-37, 20-34, 20-124)
I also see JOSxxx in like Ebay stores (JOS173, JOS55, JOS44, JOS171)
I also see LJxx series (LJ20, LJ30, LJ40, LJ50)
And I have also been seeing the MJ series (MJ206, MJ207, MJ208, MJ209)
Joss cues have always been made in the US.

maurice.rojas

Only what is on the site. All archive stuff was lost a few yrs ago when they updated server/site. What exactly are you trying to find out?
What is hte difference between an LJ and an MJ model? What is the difference between the JOSXXX and the 10-xx/20-xx models?

CGiuli

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The different models are sometimes used to differentiate the specific company they are made for. Cuestix, J&J Ect. Then with Joss itself there have their own set of model numbers which also change with each era they were made. You might have a cue style from the 90’s that has a model number from then that they decided to bring back ir do a run with. With 40+ years of history. There’s a lot of model numbers out there.
Then they have the customs with out model numbers

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Own 2 Joss cues now.

Have owned 15+, over the years.

Every single one has been a great player. Very consistent.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if you are buying any cue already made, then make sure you get to hit some shots with it to see if it has the hit you like.
each cue has its own hit. some are close and some are very different.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What is hte difference between an LJ and an MJ model? What is the difference between the JOSXXX and the 10-xx/20-xx models?
they have a phone # btw. Call THEM and ask. they used to have good archives but as i said already they were lost. only they have the info you need. I do know the LJ were a line for LoreeJohn. No clue about the others. they have made all sorts of lines of cues over 50yrs. some for certain players, distributors, tours, etc. call them direct.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be wrong, but I've read on this forum that if you buy a Joss and chalk it up, the warranty is no good.
I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.
Get a McDermott or Pechauer.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might be wrong, but I've read on this forum that if you buy a Joss and chalk it up, the warranty is no good.
I could be mistaken, but I doubt it.
Get a McDermott or Pechauer.
Yes, you are wrong. If it is deemed to be their workmanship at fault they'll fix it/replace. Where do people hear this shit?? https://josscues.com/terms-of-service/ Pechauer, Mcd, Mezz, just about every co. that makes cues has same warranty.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Yes, you are wrong. If it is deemed to be their workmanship at fault they'll fix it/replace. Where do people hear this shit?? https://josscues.com/terms-of-service/ Pechauer, Mcd, Mezz, just about every co. that makes cues has same warranty.
It's actually kinda funny, if you think about it.

"We make cues, for you to play pool. We have a warranty on our cues, so you can play pool. If you use our cues to play pool, the warranty is null-and-void."

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's actually kinda funny, if you think about it.

"We make cues, for you to play pool. We have a warranty on our cues, so you can play pool. If you use our cues to play pool, the warranty is null-and-void."
That's not what is said. Is it reading or the comprehension you find difficult?? If the problem is due their workmanship they'll fix it. Most cuemakers do not cover warping, some do for a year. They do this because they can't know said cue is stored/taken care of. JOSS is no different from other co's in how they back their product.