Joss (east) Who plays with one ??

excellent cues. i have used a few in the past and still do every now and then. the only thing i dont like about them is the not so sharp points. dont understand why he inlays them instead of splicing them when he is overqualified to do so. keep the price down i guess???
 
wait im confused what is the difference between joss and joss east i think some people may be talking about the production joss cues and not what i think is the more custom joss east cues
 
poolplayer2093 said:
wait im confused what is the difference between joss and joss east i think some people may be talking about the production joss cues and not what i think is the more custom joss east cues


See my posts above.
 
poolplayer2093 said:
thanks man

I believe Bill and Dan started Joss cues and shortly there after hired Tim Scruggs to work for them. A while after that Bill decided to move West and started Joss West. I am not positive but am pretty sure. I think that is why some people call them Joss East and Joss West. Jim Rempe also sold cues for Dan. That is a case of Joss cues and what they are holding in the picture that became known as "The Roadrunners" in 1975 pictured below.
Purdman ;)
 
Last edited:
Purdman said:
I believe Bill and Dan started Joss cues and shortly there after hired Tim Scruggs to work for them. A while after that Bill decided to move West and started Joss West. I am not positive but am pretty sure. I think that is why some people call them Joss East and Joss West. Jim Rempe also sold cues for Dan. That is a case of Joss cues and what they are holding in the picture that became known as "The Roadrunners" in 1975 pictured below.
Purdman ;)

I spoke to Tim about working at Joss and asked him if he had made my cue. When I described it, he said it must have been made after he left to go on his own. I can't remember exactly when I got that cue, but I do remember that I sent Dan a letter with the order and he called me at home asking if I wouldn't like a cue with a design he had already incorporated. I said sure, and that was the cue I got. Had it about 4 or 5 years, I think, before I sold it and regretted it as soon as I did it.
 
Pushout said:
I spoke to Tim about working at Joss and asked him if he had made my cue. When I described it, he said it must have been made after he left to go on his own. I can't remember exactly when I got that cue, but I do remember that I sent Dan a letter with the order and he called me at home asking if I wouldn't like a cue with a design he had already incorporated. I said sure, and that was the cue I got. Had it about 4 or 5 years, I think, before I sold it and regretted it as soon as I did it.

I have a Scruggs that I purchased for $1,000 that he made for a road player that didn't want his logo on the bottom. It is an old cue that has yellowed somewhat. When I asked Tim a year or two ago, he didn't remember it. Said he may have made it. I also know the guy that owns the first cue Tim ever made, Butch Parsons in Waldorf, MD. I know the guy who has the first Fancy cue Tim ever made, Bobby Cunningham with Atlantic Billiards in Woodbridge, VA. That is what Tim inscribed on both of them. So there are two first cues that Tim has made. Go figure man.
Don (Purdman) Purdy
 
Back
Top