Judd is bad for pool

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At least for the YouTube comments, the snooker snobs are out in force in every video LOL It's as predictable as the sun rising, someone saying how snooker players are the best in almost every pool video and someone else saying how Efren is the best and will win against anyone else that is playing, even when the match does not have either one in them.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hang, don’t fall into the trap of thinking you have to satisfy the knockers. They won’t make or break the game...lots of them are just doing click bait.
Our Western culture is in trouble trying to satisfy people like that.

vjmehra

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually think the Shaw v Judd match was pretty much the best case scenario for Matchoom, it shows that a top class pool professional has a huge edge, which hopefully will bring in a new fan base as snooker fans re-consider the view pool players are just failed snooker players (not saying all have that view, but plenty do).

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
At least for the YouTube comments, the snooker snobs are out in force in every video LOL It's as predictable as the sun rising, someone saying how snooker players are the best in almost every pool video and someone else saying how Efren is the best and will win against anyone else that is playing, even when the match does not have either one in them.

try being a fan of balkline and always having to listen to billy incardona and others say how reyes is a world champion at it and one of the worlds very best. :rolleyes: :cautious:

(dr bill is my hero, js:))

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go to Youtube to watch videos not read comments. Search and watch videos like "shorts boom" :ROFLMAO:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
More people around the world have talked about pool this week than at any point in the last 5 years.

I'd say that makes him good for pool

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be quite close but clearly in Shaw's favor. Which means that Shaw would win most of the time and Trump would win some of the time, and that your money should be on Shaw.
Unless Trump developed a world-class break he would get hijacked. Playing short sets would help him but if they played any length of time Shaw would torture him.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless Trump developed a world-class break he would get hijacked. Playing short sets would help him but if they played any length of time Shaw would torture him.
I think he did fine, with the template.

If he improves his shot selection, his overall game would skyrocket, quality-wise.

Just little things, like draw/ follow for a given shot, bumping balls, going out of a corner short vs. going long...

He's a BAD DUDE and he does not miss often. At this point, he turns the table over on errors too often...and he does it in a different way than a top pool player would, considering the top guys are concerned with pro side of the pocket, 2-way shots, position for the rest of the run...

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I said in another topic, TV is about ratings and revenue. As someone stated before, more people were watching pool then probably before. However we all knew what would happen when a world class pool player plays a world class snooker player at pool. The pool player will win EVERY time. If Shaw plays Trump in Snooker, Trump will win EVERY time. That is what happens when people venture into a different cue sport. If I were to play Shane in regular pool even, I would get destroyed. However if I were to play Shane an Artistic Pool match, I would destroy him. Same with 3C players compared to other cue sports. However, I do think that is cool to see someone so successful in their cue sport venture into something different. You get a new perspective and respect for that cue sport.

Last edited: