Jump/Break cues by Stealth/Ned Morris

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
I'd like to hear from .....OWNERS......of the AT-1 Break/Jump cue. Is it really a dual purpose cue......effective for both tasks, or would I be better served by having a dedicated cue for each task. My initial thinking is that a dual purpose cue would be better because familiatity would be easier to acheive. I would like to keep my initial investment reasonable ie.....$200 or less. Any feedback by owners or long time users of this cue would be greatly appreciated....Thanx in advance......Dan
 
I own the AT-1 Air Jumper, and love it. I've played with it since they first came out. To my knowledge, it is not a break cue. Stealth and Ned have designed a combination break/jump cue, but IIRC, it is normal length, and about 13 oz. It breaks like a champ!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
I own the AT-1 Air Jumper, and love it. I've played with it since they first came out. To my knowledge, it is not a break cue. Stealth and Ned have designed a combination break/jump cue, but IIRC, it is normal length, and about 13 oz. It breaks like a champ!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com


Right Scott, the AT-1 is not a break cue. It is a jump cue that can be adjusted for long and short version. I accidentally broke mine, but I thought it was great.

The short cue is good for short, high jumps and the longer is easier to aim on long shots. I noticed the new ones come with a leather tip. I haven't tried them this way, but for jumping, I prefer phenolic.

Chris
 
I'd like to hear from .....OWNERS......of the AT-1 Break/Jump cue. Is it really a dual purpose cue......effective for both tasks, or would I be better served by having a dedicated cue for each task. My initial thinking is that a dual purpose cue would be better because familiatity would be easier to acheive. I would like to keep my initial investment reasonable ie.....$200 or less. Any feedback by owners or long time users of this cue would be greatly appreciated....Thanx in advance......Dan

Dan,

In general I have been happier with a separate jump cue and break cue. It's much more versatile.

I prefer jumping with a phenolic tip but I prefer breaking with a leather tip. I like a jump cue that is adjustable in length too, and break cues at full length are pretty long to use for jumping.

So, I definitely recommend the AT-1 and then using the cue of your choice as a break cue and putting a hard leather tip on it.

I don't know why we spend a lot of money on break cues anyway. Take an old rock hard Dufferin sneaky pete, have a Tiger leather break tip put on it, and you have a pretty good cheap break cue.

Chris
 
Last edited:
Thanx folks.....I appreciate the input and knowledge. I do believe I'll give one of these a try as a jumper.....and retip the cuetec.....it's an 18.5 oz graphite that is a tad butt heavy......
 
Back
Top