Jump Cues.....what's the best out there right now.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
I used my friends jacoby yesterday.....jumped right out of a safe and nearly banked the 8 right in. That sealed the deal for getting one. Im looking at the pechauer. What is the most common size, its available in 12.5, 12.75, and 13.

For Jumping you want the fatter shaft.
A friend who is cue maker made me a shaft from a $50 break cue that jumps almost as good as the Propel and it breaks
great also. He had to drill out the 5/16 thread a little but when he did, it fit the Pechauer Jump Break and is awesome.

Flakeandrun

Air rush... will beat any jump cue on the market.
Can't stand Predator. Design, branding, Jargon. But having tried a fair few, have to agree with you. Not the best value, but a very good jumper for numerous reasons.
I really liked my Adam Tengu prior to that. Wouldn't have bought another if it didn't break.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
I learned with the Bungee Jumper... learning the dart stroke method for short jumps... and using the tight grip method for longer jumps. It takes a lot of practice to become proficient.

Using the dart stroke method and with the assistance of an innovative jump bridge my buddy designed and built, I got to the point of being able to occasionally jump a full ball only one ball away from the cue ball. It's impressive when you can show your friends that you can do that.

Last edited: