Junior Tournament Interest

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Don't worry, I am going to put the official tournament announcement in the Tournament section.

I am just wanting to know if anyone in the Illinois area has a kid or knows of kids that are interested in qualifying for the BEF Junior Nationals? I am holding a qualifier at Illinois State University in Normal, IL, on May 29 with two spots for the 19 and under division and two spots for the 14 and under division. If you know of anyone interested please have them contact me here, facebook, or via email at sr9ball@hotmail.com. All of the tournament details can be found in the tournament section.

Also, I am looking for "sponsors" for this tournament. I played in the Junior Nationals for nine years back in my younger years and I know my parents spent a pretty penny getting me there. I would like to be able to give the kids that qualify a little bit of money to help with expenses to the Junior Nationals. If you would like to help with this please donate via paypal and specify that you would like the money to go toward the Juniors. The paypal address is sr9ball@hotmail.com.

I'm hoping to get a good turn out for this event!

Thanks in advance for passing info along and/or donating!

Sarah

Last edited:

tksix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Sarah very cool of you to do this! I am pretty sure my son JonMichael can make that date................I will e-mail you with a definite yes in a day or so! He would compete in the 14 and under event.

Mike Monegato

JustinHayes

I'll need an Orange Crush
Silver Member
That's very good of you Sarah, ... I'm hoping Earl Muson will run one in Texas soon so my son can try again.

You're right, last year's trip to your area cost me a bunch. It's great that you're trying to help with the money.

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi! Sarah,

Hope you get the junior players you need, Kids Our the future of pool.

My son Manny wants to compete this year in the bef nationals ,

Unfortunately there are no qualifiers nearby Kansas city, That we can attend. Right now we are preparing for the VNEA junior championships, where he hopes to defend his team title from last year.

We are still trying to raise money for this trip, or we won`t be able to make it, and that would be a shame!

Hope theres enough junior players and support for your qualifier!

H.P.

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
Mike, I hope you guys can make it. As always, it is good to catch up with you!

Tim, thanks, you are very supportive of all of my endeavors!

Justin, thank you and I hope you get a qualifier down your way. It is a great opportunity for the kids.

H.P, I hope Manny gets to go. He has a lot of talent and seems like a great kid! Normal is about six hours from where you are, assuming you are close to Olathe. I'm sorry it's so far away. If you do happen to make it over here just let me know. Please tell Manny hello and good luck!

Sarah

9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
qualifier

Sarah ,

Do you know what it would take to run a qualifier here at shooters in olathe?

what would we need to do to get one set up? Thanks

By the way Manny says HI!

H.P.

sarahrousey

pro player
Silver Member
It would take contacting Laura Smith. You can find her info on the BEF website. I'm not sure if they are still accepting applications for this year or not but it is always worth a try! It is really inexpensive as long as you can find a place that is willing to give up the tables and space to hold the qualifier!

Good luck and I hope you can find a way to hold a qualifier.

Sarah

Last edited: