Just bought a shaftmaster lathe

obrien714

Pool Video Addict
Silver Member
I got it cheap. Used to do tips by hand. What is the best glue to use. I always used super glue gel. Never had a tip pop off. Is there something better.

What type of glue do you use to replace ferrules.

Thanks for any advice.

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Don't fix what's not broke

I got it cheap. Used to do tips by hand. What is the best glue to use. I always used super glue gel. Never had a tip pop off. Is there something better.

Thanks for any advice.

If super glue gel is working for you then you should stick with it. I use loctite 454 gel and love it. Never had a tip come off. As for ferrules you'll get mixed ideas, but I like to use 20 minute two part epoxy. Some others will give there opinions also. Tom

Lexicologist71

Rabid Schuler fanatic
Silver Member
I know a very respected cuemaker who uses Titebond for ferrules. His work has endured. I like it too.

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member

Thanks for any advice.

use the search function and you will see that there enough posts on this subject to keep you reading for a few hours....

Kim

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If super glue gel is working for you then you should stick with it. I use loctite 454 gel and love it. Never had a tip come off. As for ferrules you'll get mixed ideas, but I like to use 20 minute two part epoxy. Some others will give there opinions also. Tom

+1 on the epoxy. Tho you may want to tint it white for a fashion statement.

Dale

danieldakota53

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use tite bond glue at point of contact where the ferrule will meet the shaft, this helps in the normal dark glue line left from epoxy only. Then add epoxy, 5 minute works fine, to the inside of the ferrule and on the top half of the tenon. This allows for a great bond, very strong, and by using the tite bond at the base, will make it look much cleaner.