Karen Corr's Creative Safety Play

I'm pretty sure I would have made the 6 with right english spinning the QB out to the middle. She had enough angle to do that and you don't need to shoot hard. I believe I could make that shot and position all day long. Johnnyt
 
I'm pretty sure I would have made the 6 with right english spinning the QB out to the middle. She had enough angle to do that and you don't need to shoot hard. I believe I could make that shot and position all day long. Johnnyt


i dont know? .....it sounds nice but ive seen guys hit the ball too full on that shot plenty of times and rattle the tits with the cueball or scratch because they used high right.

its hard to see how that shot really is without being there. i know ive done it myself(tryed to force/cheat almost strait shots and scratched or rattled the ball because i was trying to force my stroke too much to get around table....

i think with that particular angle to come out really nice you want to shoot a shot with low and a fair amount of right side.....in anycase if the 6 isnt dead on the rail or really close to being i would make the 6 with the cuball hitting the rail then the 6.

ill have to set this shot up later and see how i shoot it with it infront of me.

just throwing out some ideas
 
Spot on. I did play once in a local tournament and my opponent got himself in the same situation. He absolutely stunned me by jacking up and shooting a 180 degree masse. He made in the object ball rail-first and sent the cue ball down-table for perfect position.

Without question it was an awesome shot but I can't imagine any Pro anywhere attempting it in a serious game. (Well, maybe Earl Strickland might!)

Fong Pang Chao did it in the World Pool Championships and he hit it so well he came down table and scratched in the opposite corner.

It seemed like she could have accepted a longer shot on the 7 and either went for the pot or played safe off of that.

Like some people said she could have gone with inside english. Or, she could have pounded it in the corner with reverse outside English to come off the shot and long rails down towards the 7. Hard to calculate exact position but 7 is wide open.

Maybe I'm seeing it wrong but it seemed like she had plenty of angle to play with.

Her safety shot was medium to high risk, and the shot was same. I'm taking the shot versus that safety 100% of the time.
 
Sorry but that shot shows the difference between MOST of the WPBA players and the men. That shot was too risky and in most opinions the wrong shot to take there was three options in the video that I would have played to stay at the table.

Draw back or out....

Follow extreme top right to the side rail and come back down and across table....

The best option here is rail first to the side rail and natural shape down table on your ball.

That safe was well shot but In my opinion the wrong shot.:rolleyes:
 
I doubt very few players could THINK of this safety

Probably for good reason. As long as there is at least a sliver of angle to work with, Id think there are at least 2 or 3 other options that are more productive choices. Gotta think the EV of that choice is way down the list.
 
Back
Top