Ken Shuman’s ponytail

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
And who is the judge of that? Give us a definition. I notice a common thing is for attorneys to have long hair.

I'll pass on that. Let's have a few more mullets and such and see how that helps us. It's a general statement but
things of that nature are up to the promoters. You and I have little say in it.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I'll pass on that. Let's have a few more mullets and such and see how that helps us. It's a general statement but
things of that nature are up to the promoters. You and I have little say in it.
Up to the promoter to tell me how to wear my hair! Are we playing in North Korea now.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Up to the promoter to tell me how to wear my hair! Are we playing in North Korea now.

You're not even on the same page with me dude. If you employ someone that has a mullet, a pony tail etc. he doesn't
have to tell you how to wear your hair. He just decides if he wants you to be the one commentating the match and doesn't
offer you the chance. He's not telling you how to wear your hair. You decide that. He decides if he wants you out there.

middleofnowhere

Registered
You're not even on the same page with me dude. If you employ someone that has a mullet, a pony tail etc. he doesn't
have to tell you how to wear your hair. He just decides if he wants you to be the one commentating the match and doesn't
offer you the chance. He's not telling you how to wear your hair. You decide that. He decides if he wants you out there.
Not having this insane conversation. Go back to NPR where you belong.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is not a thing about you that doesn't make a statement. From the car you drive to the house you live in to the way you dress and speak. This includes those who judge others. It says something about them as well.
By no means judging him, I like Ken. All three were simple questions.
BTW, in post #18 you did a nice bit of "judging". But I imagine you judging folks don't count, only us.
Your last two sentences to me were ~ "This includes those who judge others. It says something about them as well."
(If I can find my dictionary I'm gonna look up "hypocrite", I think it's in the attic.)

Last edited:

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the struggle for legitimacy as a sport, wouldn't be it good to present ourselves as best as possible to the viewing public?
Sure, I was just wondering why you were asking me to name them. Wasn't registering.

I've always been pretty open about my feelings in regards to growing pool, and I still don't consider it a "sport", but I agree that anyone who is trying to make something more legitimate should present themselves as professional as possible.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The “Shoe” will do an expert job.
Not sure what his hair has to do with it.
I’m happy he has hair.
Please send better pictures

Here is a better picture. Ken, John, Nick, along with the Referees and the entire Scorekeepers team at the US Open.

Attachments

• 242050713_258148182982286_1772769768020437357_n.jpg
    242050713_258148182982286_1772769768020437357_n.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 100

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a better picture. Ken, John, Nick, along with the Referees and the entire Scorekeepers team at the US Open.
Ken looks good in this picture. The longer hair makes him look a bit younger.
What I do find disturbing is that set of Black TV ball set he is holding.
Is that the official ball set for this tournament?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Ken looks good in this picture. The longer hair makes him look a bit younger.
What I do find disturbing is that set of Black TV ball set he is holding.
Is that the official ball set for this tournament?
Yes, that's the official ball set for the tournament. I saw a thread else where, someone commented that color scheme was designed for Matchroom.

I call this picture, a fine day in the US Open.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
there's a dress code, that's enough
Yes, I accept that some find a dress code unnecessary but I believe that having one makes for a more attractive product for TV...or streaming or whatever.
I am however surprised that long hair is still an issue for some. Hairstyles come and go. The idea that long hair is somehow less professional in the sporting world seems a bit "get off my lawn/darn hippies" to me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

middleofnowhere

Registered
Yes, I accept that some find a dress code unnecessary but I believe that having one makes for a more attractive product for TV...or streaming or whatever.
I am however surprised that long hair is still an issue for some. Hairstyles come and go. The idea that long hair is somehow less professional in the sporting world seems a bit "get off my lawn/darn hippies" to me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
They all seem to be wearing black pants. I know when I played in tournaments in Europe I had to actually go shopping and get some dark pants and white shirts, they wouldn't even allow me to wear sneakers. Is that some of the dress code that adheres to this tournament?