Kevin Varney Cues

lfurrh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

Just got my first Varney a couple weeks ago, and it plays lights out. The hit of the cue is extremely firm and gets tons of action out of the cue ball. He balanced the weight of the cue perfectly. The kingwood used in the sneaky pete looks spectacular. I know people have said 400 for a sneaky pete is too much, but I would gladly spend the money again. If you guys wanna look at the cue, its up in the cue gallery, and if anybody has any questions about Kevin or his cues feel free to shoot me a message. On top of his expert craftsmanship, Kevin's a super nice guy and a joy to deal with. I'd recommend Varney Cues to anybody looking for a REALLY nice shooting custom cue.

Cole

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

Just got my first Varney a couple weeks ago, and it plays lights out. The hit of the cue is extremely firm and gets tons of action out of the cue ball. He balanced the weight of the cue perfectly. The kingwood used in the sneaky pete looks spectacular. I know people have said 400 for a sneaky pete is too much, but I would gladly spend the money again. If you guys wanna look at the cue, its up in the cue gallery, and if anybody has any questions about Kevin or his cues feel free to shoot me a message. On top of his expert craftsmanship, Kevin's a super nice guy and a joy to deal with. I'd recommend Varney Cues to anybody looking for a REALLY nice shooting custom cue.

Cole

Where are the pics? Couldn't seem to find them in the gallery...

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Where are the pics? Couldn't seem to find them in the gallery...

Here are the pics...just a basic sneaky with collars/buttcap added...but "plays lights out!" Thank you for the kind words & review Cole...I'm glad you are pleased. :)

Attachments

• 100731 (1).JPG
    100731 (1).JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,035
  • 100731 (2).JPG
    100731 (2).JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,040
  • 100731 (3).JPG
    100731 (3).JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,162

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here are the pics...just a basic sneaky with collars/buttcap added...but "plays lights out!" Thank you for the kind words & review Cole...I'm glad you are pleased. :)

Sweet cue KV! That thing would have been crazy cool with a very simple dark rosewood, and natural veneer combo, over those points! :cool: I bet it does play lights out! :)

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
I own a couple of Varney cue's that Kevin made me and I could not be more happier with anyone of them. The only problem is that I own to many cue's and I don't get a chance to play with them. But that goes with all my cue's I find one I like and I stick to it but my Varney J/B is the shitz and that is always with me ..<<ED

vanthonyv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney

I'll second everyone's opinion of Kevin here; He's a high class cue maker and just a great guy in general. I've owned a number of his cues since I've started playing and time again I always go back to my Varneys. In the past I've played with a number of cues (Lomax, Dishaw, Various Predators, R. Black, Hill, Josey, Cognoscetti...) and Kevin's work is what I've chosen to stick with.

If you havn't shot with one of his cues before then honestly do yourself a favor and make it a point to do so.

Anthony,

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
$400 isn't too much to pay for a snaeaky if its made by someone who knows how to make a a good sneaky. I paid the equivalent of $700 for a fancy sneaky made by Leon Sly with 2 shafts. USD exchange rate was very hight at the time of completion, still at $500 it was worth it in my opinion.
BTW, nice cue ya got there.