Kikel break/jump cue

Gambler719

Registered
Does anyone know or have a Dave kikel break/jump cue ? I've never seen one but wanted to know does he make them or are they as good as his playing cues

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know or have a Dave kikel break/jump cue ? I've never seen one but wanted to know does he make them or are they as good as his playing cu
Never heard of one and I have owned a few of Dave's cues and still play with a beauty today. Really like Dave's cues btw...

I do have a Mike Bender J/B that matches a Bender playing cue that I own..

wild8bill9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one. A guy in Denver that knew Dave had him make a 25 oz. break and a 22oz. break jump made out of purpleheart with seylan satin wood floating points. I bought it from 12squared almost 20 years ago now. Only one I have seen.

Gambler719

Registered
I have one. A guy in Denver that knew Dave had him make a 25 oz. break and a 22oz. break jump made out of purpleheart with seylan satin wood floating points. I bought it from 12squared almost 20 years ago now. Only one I have seen.
Thanks for the info , Dave is making me one but I never seen one or know how they play, I have a few of Dave's cues , so I took the offer on a matching break/jump cue, it was that or getting a predator break / jump, I figure if I don't like it I'm sure it would be easy to sell being Dave made it and it's rare

Gambler719

Registered
Never heard of one and I have owned a few of Dave's cues and still play with a beauty today. Really like Dave's cues btw...

I do have a Mike Bender J/B that matches a Bender playing cue that I own..
Oh ya I love Dave's cues , he just finished another for me and is doing a break / jump for me , just wanted to see what others thought of then cause I've never seem one , plus I live where Dave is at so it's easier to get in contact with him and beg for a cue 😁

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh ya I love Dave's cues , he just finished another for me and is doing a break / jump for me , just wanted to see what others thought of then cause I've never seem one , plus I live where Dave is at so it's easier to get in contact with him and beg for a cue 😁
Happy to hear two things. He has and is making you a matching J/B cue, very cool BTW!
Secondly that he is still building cues. There was a post a while ago saying he had retired. I do know he took a break for 6 months or so, during which he built a fence and made a grandchild a custom Kikel model train. Would love to see a pic of that. Not likely though as Dave is a pretty quiet guy until you get him on the phone to discuss a new build that is! One of my favorite cue makers!

Post up pics when you get the J/B, please!!

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
The first cue I ever posted for sale on here was a Kikel J/B made of Purpleheat with up and down Maple spears. Definitely a cue I wouldn't mind having back. I also had an all Maple Kikel J/B that was so simple and played great.

Gambler719

Registered
Happy to hear two things. He has and is making you a matching J/B cue, very cool BTW!
Secondly that he is still building cues. There was a post a while ago saying he had retired. I do know he took a break for 6 months or so, during which he built a fence and made a grandchild a custom Kikel model train. Would love to see a pic of that. Not likely though as Dave is a pretty quiet guy until you get him on the phone to discuss a new build that is! One of my favorite cue makers!

He did stop and even told me no about making me a cue, the only way I was able to get one is my dad passed away and him and my dad were good friends , he then said he would, I do know he has a few in his shop he is selling, but Dave doesn't do the social media or online stuff, ill definitely post some pictures when they are done I may even sell the j/b only cause I want a predator bk3

Gambler719

Registered

Here is the cues Dave made for me , almost complete, stopped by today just need the wraps on, left is the matching break , ill post the finish of them next week

Gambler719

Registered
20210226_152239.jpg
20210226_152243.jpg

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue and yes, David's cues are among a few very best cues ever built.
They have that nice stiff, crisp hit with the tremendous feel.
I have 6 of his cues and each one play fantastic but tried more than 20 and each one is like that.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well for my birthday the wife decided to get me a new J/B predator, she didnt know I was getting one made by Dave, so ill most likely be selling the J/B made by Dave ill be posting pics soon , I've had a hard time getting my pictures to post if anyone would be interested I can email them or send to your phone, just pm me..$800 obo
Like that cue Dave made for you, nice design and clean work bu Dave as usual!

I have a similar design made from camatillo, wrapless 8 hi lo 'white stuff' points in the forearm and the butt sleeve with spear tips. The ringwork on mine is camatillo and 'more stuff' with abalone.. Dave's sister was in love with mine during the build. according to Dave. He is a 10 to deal with and I would have no issues recommending him to anyone for a custom cue, his track record is perfect!

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
I think it would be a shame to break the set up. They look great together.

if Dave made it because he knew your late father, is it possible he would be offended ? I don't know Dave, but seems possible to me if he came out of retirement and did this as a favor, expecting it to be a keepsake.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never seen a Kikel Jump/Break.

Like most above, I had a Kikel cue made and was really impressed.

I like JW cues and my Kikel played exactly like a JW cue. His shafts must have a similar taper.

Ken

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well for my birthday the wife decided to get me a new J/B predator, she didnt know I was getting one made by Dave, so ill most likely be selling the J/B made by Dave ill be posting pics soon , I've had a hard time getting my pictures to post if anyone would be interested I can email them or send to your phone, just pm me..$800 obo
Yeah, well played :unsure:

Gambler719

Registered
I think it would be a shame to break the set up. They look great together.

if Dave made it because he knew your late father, is it possible he would be offended ? I don't know Dave, but seems possible to me if he came out of retirement and did this as a favor, expecting it to be a keepsake.
Ya I'm just going to keep it , it would be bad to sell and break up the set I'd probably just end up regretting it, he knew my dad from the pool hall but my family knows some of his pretty good , I know Dave he's a great person to talk with, and his cues are excellent, idk how to delete posts but I thought about it and decided to keep it plus keep the predator as well ..thank you for your comment

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Silver Member
Ya I'm just going to keep it , it would be bad to sell and break up the set I'd probably just end up regretting it, he knew my dad from the pool hall but my family knows some of his pretty good , I know Dave he's a great person to talk with, and his cues are excellent, idk how to delete posts but I thought about it and decided to keep it plus keep the predator as well ..thank you for your comment
Keep the thread open. Always nice to see a new build.

Report back on how good they play. Kikel is one of the builders on my list to eventually collect. I just havn't had a chance. Find anything in the area though.

Cheers.