Knurling/ grooves

jimmyc

Registered
I have a cue with a Dymondwood butt that seems quite a bit "slipperier" than the usual finish on wood. Has anyone tried knurling or cutting concentric grooves in the grip area to make it easier to hold the cue with a lighter grip? Thanks.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a cue with a Dymondwood butt that seems quite a bit "slipperier" than the usual finish on wood. Has anyone tried knurling or cutting concentric grooves in the grip area to make it easier to hold the cue with a lighter grip? Thanks.

Whitey, that makes Hurricane Cues, used to put small grooves in the handle, or grip area. The grooves were about 1/32 apart. Not everyone liked the way it looked, but all thought it felt real good. Everybody's different. I don't care for the Stealth cues with the knobs.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Whitey, that makes Hurricane Cues, used to put small grooves in the handle, or grip area. The grooves were about 1/32 apart. Not everyone liked the way it looked, but all thought it felt real good. Everybody's different. I don't care for the Stealth cues with the knobs.

Thats a buttplug for Shrek...not a cue:grin:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member

Start a thread in the 3-Cushion Forum here on Az Billiards, many Billiards cues are wrap less and there is a rubber grip made that roles on a cue that will give you better grip. I use to sell them, but I no longer carry them in stock, so you may be able to find one that you could buy from one of the 3-Cushion players, I use to sell them for $5.

Take care

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Seybert's has them in stock (1.877.314.2837) or just pop over to the AZB marketplace and buy one.