Konllen vs Predator

giulichajari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen in amazon:

Konllen cue

What difference has it between a predator cue? obviously predator is more expensive 300dls vs 1000dls aprox.

It has carbon fiber shafttoo..would it be a good choice?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The

KONLLEN HAS AN "AFTERBURNER"!!!!!!

1631598639046.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another Chinese cue. All i've seen is pics on Facebook. Know nothing about them. Doubt they make the tube, most don't. They just buy cf tubes and finish them. No different than Fury, Lucasi, the J&J shaft, etc. All are very similar. Probably a good shaft but don't see them in the U.S. much at all.

Last edited:

terpdad

Registered
I thought I'd read on here that these may just be a carbon wrap over a maple shaft. Seems like someone bought one & took it apart as an experiment.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
Lil' Chris has a review on YouTube of a J. Flowers cue with the carbon fiber shaft. He spoke highly of it but said he prefers his 12.9 Revo.

9ballhasbeen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd recommend the Cuetec Cynergy vs. the Predator when considering the Value and Performance equation. The new Cuetec AVID hits amazing for $225 and you can put a Cynergy on it for an additional $400.

surffisher2a

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
my teammate has one and it hits pretty good and seems to be well made. I will say the hit is defiantly different than all the other carbon fiber shafts I have tried. Its more of a soft muted hit. Not saying that is bad, just different. Some people may like that aspect. I guess I can say one bad thing, the tip that came with the cue was garbage, it required constant maintenance (mushrooming / glazing). I put an ultraskin med tip on his cue and its much better.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just looking at this cue. I want a junk cue to put in my car and leave it there, that plays close to a 314-2 that I've been playing with for 10 years. Does anyone know if the deflection of this Flowers and/or KONLLEN is close enough to a 314-2 that both can be played without aiming adjustments? Thanks.

Stellar1024

Registered
I thought I'd read on here that these may just be a carbon wrap over a maple shaft. Seems like someone bought one & took it apart as an experiment.
That would probably hit better than a hollow (or solid I suppose) carbon fiber tube used as a shaft.. imo the only real benefit of carbon is it's durability (don't get little dings like wood when you wack the shaft on something), smoothness in your hands, and maybe aesthetics if you like the look of carbon.

A wood cue wrapped in carbon fiber would offer all of these benefits and wouldn't sound or feel completely different than the wood shafts that we're likely used to.

NathanDetroit

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'd recommend the Cuetec Cynergy vs. the Predator when considering the Value and Performance equation. The new Cuetec AVID hits amazing for $225 and you can put a Cynergy on it for an additional $400.
Why not just buy an SVB ghost for nearly the same prx? Or, better yet, pm me about a SoDak gen one for less

smoochie

NotLikeThis
I've tried both......if you want to compare the predator with a Revo against a JFLower cue with a Konnllen oh man it's a day and night difference. I have both as I bought two flowers cues with konllen shafts thinking they may be close to a Revo with a predator but at a cheaper price.

Ok here's my opinion. The Jflowers are a decent price if you want to gift it to a new player that's fine, maybe gift it to your nephew or your starting kid or something, but they are cheap for a reason!!! Cause they're cheap cues lol...I'm sorry but seriously the shaft feels like normal wood and just a tiny bit of carbon fiber on top of it, maybe you will like it? but it's nothing like a REVO, not a million years.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see no wood in that construction photo. Looks like a foam filled carbon tube?

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
This is a 2.5 month old thread but in case the OP is still looking for info and missed the thread, iusedtoberich subsequently bought a KONLLEN cue and did a good written and video review on it at the link below. It didn't meet his needs for having the same deflection as his current cue so that he could play with them interchangeably, but going from memory I think his conclusion could basically be summed up as "good cue, especially from the value perspective".

Last edited:

EddieBme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried both......if you want to compare the predator with a Revo against a JFLower cue with a Konnllen oh man it's a day and night difference. I have both as I bought two flowers cues with konllen shafts thinking they may be close to a Revo with a predator but at a cheaper price.

Ok here's my opinion. The Jflowers are a decent price if you want to gift it to a new player that's fine, maybe gift it to your nephew or your starting kid or something, but they are cheap for a reason!!! Cause they're cheap cues lol...I'm sorry but seriously the shaft feels like normal wood and just a tiny bit of carbon fiber on top of it, maybe you will like it? but it's nothing like a REVO, not a million years.
I know this thread is a couple of years old....No doubt they're cheap cues, what are your thoughts about the butt of the cue as far as using it with a good quality wooden shaft?