Kudos to the 714-Run Video Authenticator

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
Somewhat lost in the 714 hoopla is the monumental feat of actually authenticating said video (and my apologies if I missed another post about this). Credit is certainly deserved here! We're talking about tediously scanning hours of video for splices that are undetectable to the human eye, and the presence of software which, for example, can make a pre-recorded video appear live-streamed. This is a painstakingly long and complicated process; like the 714, blink and you fail.

Kudos for tackling that long and arduous task. That in itself is an achievement!

👏👏

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Arduous? Yeah right. Back in Mosconi's day they had to scroll through hours of microfiche to validate his run. I read one report that stated the software they are using has a processor over 6" thick. Or was it 5.5"? So ridiculous.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Somewhat lost in the 714 hoopla is the monumental feat of actually authenticating said video (and my apologies if I missed another post about this). Credit is certainly deserved here! We're talking about tediously scanning hours of video for splices that are undetectable to the human eye, and the presence of software which, for example, can make a pre-recorded video appear live-streamed. This is a painstakingly long and complicated process; like the 714, blink and you fail.

Kudos for tackling that long and arduous task. That in itself is an achievement!

👏👏

I'm not sure, between all the hoopla, but I seem to recall a text that said five people reviewed the video and then Bobby himself also watched it: 714.

There is also a notarized eyewitnesses statement from, I believe, six people who watched *the whole thing in person* : -)

Lou Figueroa

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Arduous? Yeah right. Back in Mosconi's day they had to scroll through hours of microfiche to validate his run. I read one report that stated the software they are using has a processor over 6" thick. Or was it 5.5"? So ridiculous.
These days that processor couldn't be over 4.5" to be considered legit....

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, the best verification would have been to put the full resolution version on Youtube. If there were any issues, I guarantee someone would have found them within a few days.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does Jason Shaw have to swear under oath he did it? Be a funny bit ala SNL. They those present start arguing, have a riot...

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Microfiche of what?

stevelomako

Cash. I uses cash beech.
Silver Member
The BCA has an on staff video athenticator?

Wonder what the hours are and the pay scale is.

I have a feeling a couple of people (can’t be many on staff) will watch it during lunch break and on pot luck Friday and be done.

Added:
I went to the BCA site to look.

Seems like 3 full time employees.

All the different committees they have, consist of another 12 individuals that have other jobs they work and get paid at.

Kind of like a crappy political PAC but less money.