Lambros LD vs Regular

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For all you Lambros owners which shaft to do you prefer and why? I've never shot with a non LD Lambros shaft so I was curious. Thanks much !

LHP5

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Went to his shop last week to buy another shaft for my cue. Already shoot with his standard maple shaft measured around 12.5-12.6ish mm. Tried both his standard shaft at 12.9mm, his multi-laminated shaft at around 12.75mm, and his new 3-pie splice ld shaft at around 12.75mm. Honestly, they all play the same. He doesn't make the multi-laminated ld shaft anymore, just the 3-pie splice. All of them shot the same, except that the ld shafts felt lighter. Save yourself the $100 and just go with his standard shafts. They play too damn good. Unless you need that mental image of using an ld shaft, which is actually a pretty big thing with most people. You can't go wrong either way.

I went in looking to get an ld shaft from him too, but after shooting with all three I liked the way the full 12.9mm standard shaft felt. He was about to sell it to me, but when he put it on the lathe to clean it up he noticed the shaft was bowing quite a bit and wouldn't let me take it. Right now his shop seems to be backed up and they have a lot of orders but Mike's work is top notch. Cant wait to order a new cue from him. Great guy to talk to as well.

Houstoer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Went to his shop last week to buy another shaft for my cue. Already shoot with his standard maple shaft measured around 12.5-12.6ish mm. Tried both his standard shaft at 12.9mm, his multi-laminated shaft at around 12.75mm, and his new 3-pie splice ld shaft at around 12.75mm. Honestly, they all play the same. He doesn't make the multi-laminated ld shaft anymore, just the 3-pie splice. All of them shot the same, except that the ld shafts felt lighter. Save yourself the $100 and just go with his standard shafts. They play too damn good. Unless you need that mental image of using an ld shaft, which is actually a pretty big thing with most people. You can't go wrong either way.

I went in looking to get an ld shaft from him too, but after shooting with all three I liked the way the full 12.9mm standard shaft felt. He was about to sell it to me, but when he put it on the lathe to clean it up he noticed the shaft was bowing quite a bit and wouldn't let me take it. Right now his shop seems to be backed up and they have a lot of orders but Mike's work is top notch. Cant wait to order a new cue from him. Great guy to talk to as well.

Thanks ! I already have two LD shafts from him. When i bought my cue it came with two LD shafts. I was just wondering how the plain maple one hits. I picked up a cue that was left in a bar last night that had a plain maple shaft and played lights out with it. Got me thinking that I might give his nonLD shaft a try. I mainly used LD most of my pool playing years.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hated his LDshafts but his regular shafts have such a nice feel and deflected
less than a lot of other normal maple shafts.
Mikes quality of shaftwood is as top shelf as anyone on the planet. Get one of
his regulars, you'll be a happy camper.

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned his standard maple, the pie laminated and the flat laminated. I have had is Ultra joint and his older standard joint. They all played great. I didn't make any more or less balls with one or the other.
I prefer his standard maple shaft for the feel of it.
Get his standard maple shaft, play with it, get used to it, and you will do just fine.

asiasdad

Banned
I hated his LDshafts but his regular shafts have such a nice feel and deflected
less than a lot of other normal maple shafts.
Mikes quality of shaftwood is as top shelf as anyone on the planet. Get one of
his regulars, you'll be a happy camper.

I have owned his standard maple, the pie laminated and the flat laminated. I have had is Ultra joint and his older standard joint. They all played great. I didn't make any more or less balls with one or the other.
I prefer his standard maple shaft for the feel of it.
Get his standard maple shaft, play with it, get used to it, and you will do just fine.

what they said.

The only Lambros I own now (out of 4) is an Ultra II joint with standard shafts.

I've had the LD shafts and did not care for them.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Depends on which joint. If you have the Ultimate joint (his 3rd), the LD plays too stiff... you'll only want the regular. That said, the regular on the ultimate yields the same or less deflection.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk