Largest pool product companies

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I've been out of the loop for years regarding which companies are the largest manufacturers of pool accessory products.

I would like to ask those more involved two questions based on a supposition.

Suppose as you sat back relaxing, in the golden years of your life, forgetting your name, farting every time you moved in your chair to get up, then once you do get up, you forgot why you were getting up, you miraculously had an epiphany.

It happened to me last night. No kidding. Out of nowhere I came up with a revolutionary billiard product. Holy shit this is big, no lie.

So the questions, who are the largest pool companies, and which of them would you consider innovators interested in a new invention.

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does your epiphany do? If its a shaft or cue kind of thing, OB or Predator would be likely to have interest.
Chalk, cue holders, maintenance product, construction method, balls, racks, it all depends on what your epiphany is about to know who you should share your thoughts with :smile:

Hopefully it really is something new and great, I for one would be glad to see an AZ'er change the world of pool :rolleyes:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
What does your epiphany do? If its a shaft or cue kind of thing, OB or Predator would be likely to have interest.
Chalk, cue holders, maintenance product, construction method, balls, racks, it all depends on what your epiphany is about to know who you should share your thoughts with :smile:

Hopefully it really is something new and great, I for one would be glad to see an AZ'er change the world of pool :rolleyes:

It would fall into the maintenance , ball, racks, accessories category. Wish I could share more, but this is so freaking cool I can't give up much else just yet. :thumbup:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Smart members

I've been out of the loop for years regarding which companies are the largest manufacturers of pool accessory products.

I would like to ask those more involved two questions based on a supposition.

Suppose as you sat back relaxing, in the golden years of your life, forgetting your name, farting every time you moved in your chair to get up, then once you do get up, you forgot why you were getting up, you miraculously had an epiphany.

It happened to me last night. No kidding. Out of nowhere I came up with a revolutionary billiard product. Holy shit this is big, no lie.

So the questions, who are the largest pool companies, and which of them would you consider innovators interested in a new invention.

Personally I would run it by Royce of OB cues and see what he thinks.
I don't always agree with Royce, but the guy is motivated and smart and I think he knows the business end of marketing billiard products better then anyone in this forum.

IMO I think you will need to be the one makes it and markets it yourself until the product is noticed by the big billiard related products retailers

SHIT I JUST FOUND OUT ROYCE JUST HAD A HEART ATTACK.

Last edited:

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
Thanks Mike. I asked a lawyer friend of mine about this... LOL, he said, short of doing it the right way, the best option is to disclose your invention to a large reputable company after sending a sealed certified mailing to both the company and yourself describing it as well as the initial conversation with the company, not opening your letter.

The idea being, with absolutely no guarantee, a reputable company is less likely to steal the invention.

Never tell an individual about it because that ends the chain of disclosure with a person who could freely speak of it to anyone including manufacturers.

He said none of this is a substitute for doing it correctly with patents, but even then there are no guarantees.

As far as making a prototype, I'm doing that also. We'll see. Wish I could just tell all you guys. Its a really neat idea.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I suggest you make a few prototypes and test them for function and durability. Depending on the item - failure testing should also be included. With most ideas modifications are common. The need for mods often come from test results. That way, by the time you are ready to approach a manufacturer you can show you have done your homework. I think this will increase your odds of success.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For sure I'd contact Bmore cues and stuff company. The owner can be reached right here on AZ under BmoreMoney. I'd def shoot them a PM describing your idea, as they will know exactly what to do with it. GL

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Products

Thanks Mike. I asked a lawyer friend of mine about this... LOL, he said, short of doing it the right way, the best option is to disclose your invention to a large reputable company after sending a sealed certified mailing to both the company and yourself describing it as well as the initial conversation with the company, not opening your letter.

The idea being, with absolutely no guarantee, a reputable company is less likely to steal the invention.

Never tell an individual about it because that ends the chain of disclosure with a person who could freely speak of it to anyone including manufacturers.

He said none of this is a substitute for doing it correctly with patents, but even then there are no guarantees.

As far as making a prototype, I'm doing that also. We'll see. Wish I could just tell all you guys. Its a really neat idea.

You could contact Meuller or pool dawg syberts.
Maybe Greg at Billiards warehouse if they are still in business.

If you have a good product it will move here in the wanted for sale section.

Patents
I cannot tell the amount of people who have told me they have put out thousands upon thousands trying to get a patent.

Best of luck with this venture,