Larry Nevell

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been watching some YouTube of Larry playing....
Lordy!
I LOVE his playing. Never saw him play, heard the name, but never caught the “show” so to speak.
Just literally a badass

ChrisSjoblom

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, one of the most powerful strokes ever. It's a shame he passed away so early. His last name is Nevel, btw.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Yeah I did some commentary when he matched up with Chip Compton in Memphis at one hole several years back. I think he started having health problems not long after that.

Jaden

pw98

Registered
Yeah I did some commentary when he matched up with Chip Compton in Memphis at one hole several years back. I think he started having health problems not long after that.

Jaden
I've been told he always had a very bad case of diabetes and his unpredicable blood sugar was the reason why he was known to 'dog it' and probably why he never won a major championship. As someone with unpredictable blood sugar (but not diabetes) I can understand how much of a handicap this is when playing.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Here is an obvious point about the juicing of the table...

...How can you guys not see a problem with this?
Not sure what this has to do with the late, great Larry Nevel, but I do agree that juicing a table is bad and will likely result in staining the cloth. If one MUST juice said table, best use something like white grape juice.

pw98

Registered
Not sure what this has to do with the late, great Larry Nevel, but I do agree that juicing a table is bad and will likely result in staining the cloth. If one MUST juice said table, best use something like white grape juice.

I'm sorry. I posted this not realizing I was in a thread other than the absurd high run thread.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Lordy!
I LOVE his playing. Never saw him play, heard the name, but never caught the “show” so to speak.
Just literally a badass
Larry Nevel "The Truth" had the most powerful stroke and was a Champion at the DCC and Won the all around reward - he won MANY TITLES. Is it possible for u to go back and spell his name the right way, I never understood the accidental misspellin tactic?

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I'm sorry. I posted this not realizing I was in a thread other than the absurd high run thread.
it's ok - must be sum form of a guilty conscience - feelin the need to apolagize - possible precog'nit'tive intuition from yer end. I think we can expect many future apologies from u.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lordy!
Just literally a badass
Wide open pool....the way it's supposed to be played.
Guy was a monster.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
I think it's possible to edit the title of your own thread.
I agree with you on this Bob, I doubt it will become any pattern. It would seem the infraction was possibly a dig on Larry or he would have done so already. So for future dim uh gogg posters - that claim they cannot edit a title - I would ask if yer gonna post a past Champion name on this forum - try and know how to spell - the name of player yer posting about - or u look stupid. I really was never close friend's with Nevel - but I do not think it's too much to ask. As u may have noted gogg made a funny face as if to say I like my spelling and that is that? I guess that is why he has been demoted to dim uh gogg.

Last edited: