Last 4 Ever Tip Tool

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Nickel Pro when they first came out. I also have combo style 4-SIDED tool that has finer and coarser abrasive in nickel/dime. Joel used to sell it on his site basically for cuemaker purposes.

Anyway I just ordered the Combo from the website. I was also considering the quarter to complete my collection. Who knows if you will ever need yet….LOL

Last edited:

Last4Ever

I have a Nickel Pro when they first came out. I also have combo style 4-SIDED tool that has finer and coarser abrasive in nickel/dime. Joel used to sell it on his site basically cuemaker purposes.

Anyway I just ordered the Combo from the website. I was also considering the quarter to complete my collection. Who knows if you will ever need yet….LOL
Thanks for the order Mooseman! It will go out tomorrow! Happy 4th!

-April

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received the combo tool. It is fantastic. Already easily shaped my playing shafts to a dime and my breaker shaft to a nickel.

Does the quarter also come with a case? I can see the advantage to minimize the dust in the case pocket.

Also are you still offering the deal for a combo and quarter since I purchased the combo tool?

Last edited:

Zerksies

How long does the abrasive last? Looks like glued on sand paper. I'm Interested in getting the quarter and a nickel tool

Last4Ever

How long does the abrasive last? Looks like glued on sand paper. I'm Interested in getting the quarter and a nickel tool
It is an abrasive specialized for metals.. so, as Wolven indicated, if it is just used on leather (and phenolic), then it will literally last for ever. The tool isn't meant to be used on lathes, as the friction created by a machine will wear down the abrasive. You can clean the tools with air pressure, or even a damp microfiber.

We are working on a trade in / trade up program for those that evolve in tip size and/or for those that are extra aggressive when shaping/scuffing ;) Probably a few months from that program implementation. I'll post here when it happens.

-April

Last4Ever

I just received the combo tool. It is fantastic. Already easily shaped my playing shafts to a dime and my breaker shaft to a nickel.

Does the quarter also come with a case? I can see the advantage to minimize the dust in the case pocket.

Also are you still offering the deal for a combo and quarter since I purchased the combo tool?
I see your online order... I will adjust

-April

Zerksies

It is an abrasive specialized for metals.. so, as Wolven indicated, if it is just used on leather (and phenolic), then it will literally last for ever. The tool isn't meant to be used on lathes, as the friction created by a machine will wear down the abrasive. You can clean the tools with air pressure, or even a damp microfiber.

We are working on a trade in / trade up program for those that evolve in tip size and/or for those that are extra aggressive when shaping/scuffing ;) Probably a few months from that program implementation. I'll post here when it happens.

-April
Thanks my order has been placed. I ordered a nickel and quarter

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the tool I got from Joel when the last4ever first came out. It includes aggressive and milder abrasives for dime and nickel. Still going strong!

I normally carry this and the nickel tool in my case. They will be replaced with my new combo and quarter tool.

I will relegate this tool ito the shop and pay it forward for the nickel to a deserving teammate.

Attachments

• 275ED725-5011-4713-A822-21682B16FF4C.jpeg
    275ED725-5011-4713-A822-21682B16FF4C.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 8A7E3D98-6768-4470-9387-FBBFEA26C20C.jpeg
    8A7E3D98-6768-4470-9387-FBBFEA26C20C.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I received my quarter tool. I was surprised it didn’t come with burnisher side and mushroom side of the tool. Other than that, it was of the same quality as the rest of their tools.

Zerksies

I received my quarter tool. I was surprised it didn’t come with burnisher side and mushroom side of the tool. Other than that, it was of the same quality as the rest of their tools.
I'm assuming that they would expect for you to have a tool already. They say the quarter is just for break tips

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The quarter radius is for break tips. With all the break cues now having phenolic and hybrid break tips, I've never seen one mushroom or need for burnishing. Just my guess.

mooseman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The quarter radius is for break tips. With all the break cues now having phenolic and hybrid break tips, I've never seen one mushroom or need for burnishing. Just my guess.
Except for fact that ALL break cues don’t have phenolic or hybrid break tips. But you are probably correct.

I was just surprised. The website does show the tool having the burnishing piece of leather.