Laurie Franklin (Southwest Cues) just called....

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Glad to hear that! I AM WAITING NOW 10 DAYS ON A CUE USPS PRIORITY TO ME- No info from the tracking- no one knows where the cue is right now- no ONE!
Got a cue from Florida to NY a few weeks ago, he sent USPS Monday it arrived around 9:30am Tuesday. Guess I got lucky

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got a cue from Florida to NY a few weeks ago, he sent USPS Monday it arrived around 9:30am Tuesday. Guess I got lucky
I understand that USPS overnight express is still being honored to arrive next day- IMO right now it is the only way to send a cue- via overnight express from one of the major carriers - I would not mail cues any other way right now but overnight express and fully insured -and I will not buy or sell any cues that need to be mailed any more until this Covid is finally behind us- I am beginning to doubt that I will ever receive the cue that I paid for 14 days ago! We received my son's Christmas card on Jan.11 from NYC- postmarked DEc.17! Where can first class and priority mail possibly be sitting for 23 days?

HQueen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are known and loved for their HIGH deflection characteristics. Especially in Asia. They use deflection as a tool - and want SWs because they view them as very "powerful" cues.
Don’t two of the Ko brothers play with SW?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I remember going down to the basement, playing pool and checking out all the cues John had, 5-6 SW at a time it was insane. Met him at Chicago heights billiards, I think that was the place. It's been so long but I think there was another place a few doors down, maybe the green room? RIP John.
Chicago Heights Billiards was my "home room". Dick Weaver, my mentor and very strong and table respected road player, was the owner. The hall "a few doors down" was Family Billiards. I knew John pretty well. We both worked at The Board of Trade in Chitown. He used to bring a 12x24 case of Kersenbrocks and SW's there all the time. Bought a Kers (SW) from him there.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue is being shipped today. Only 15 years and 9 months :)

One shaft will have the pro taper at 12.5mm and the other a full 13mm standard taper.

How many of you actively play with a Southwest Cue? I'm really excited!
I play with a sw mostly and love them. Post some pics when the cue arrives.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
Chicago Heights Billiards was my "home room". Dick Weaver, my mentor and very strong and table respected road player, was the owner. The hall "a few doors down" was Family Billiards. I knew John pretty well. We both worked at The Board of Trade in Chitown. He used to bring a 12x24 case of Kersenbrocks and SW's there all the time. Bought a Kers (SW) from him there.
Wow that's right family billiards, it's been so long I forgot most of that, was it dick that had major problems with I think diabetes? I vaguely remember, that might have been the guy at fam bil, I'm reaching into the poor memory banks, maybe jerry? We may have met then but I don't remember but a few players from back then. The last I remember of John was when he sent me info on dpk omega. Never bought one but I did have mike bender make me a cue when he moved to Alaska.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just posted pics of it in the Cue Gallery. You can even look too, Cocobolo Cowboy.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s nice that Southwest actually follows though with their wait list. The game with steel sports Rolex watches the last few years is the authorized dealer will put you on the ‘preferred customer’ wait list, that is if you will buy a few other non-Rolex watches that are not selling.

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue is being shipped today. Only 15 years and 9 months :)

One shaft will have the pro taper at 12.5mm and the other a full 13mm standard taper.

How many of you actively play with a Southwest Cue? I'm really excited!
I play with mine and have been extremely satisfied with it. Took delivery of it 5 years ago. Enjoy your cue!