LD shaft made in Indonesia by "Anwar Cues"

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Rating - 98.9%
88   1   0
Hi guys,

I have received the shaft a couple of days ago...
It was wel packed!! and the shaft is deadstraight!!
When I open it, I look the shaft and all I can say...wowww the shaft looks great and nice signature on it, looks very classy!!
I put the shaft on my AL Bautista cue and it fits GOOD!!! A++

Ok I goto the Poolroom to test the LD Anwar shaft..
first I shoot some long distance shots with high right english..woww
the cueball does exactly what I want..I have use halfpower and the CB spins very good!
second shot I call it a reverse shot..shoot the ball into the pocket with lot of low english..the shot is great!! with not much power I draw the CB into the longrail.
my last testshot is a drawshot..I have put the 8-ball for the pocket and the CB for the other reverse pocket..so this is a tuff shot because I want the CB draw back...first attempt the CB was not coming back..second a little bit, so I was thinking what I was doing wrong
The thrid time it goes like...wwwwoooooowwww, the thing what I did wrong I jacked to much my cue, with this shaft you don't have to jackup much to make this drawshot!

So my conclusion:
This shaft is a real LD shaft
it make you easy to shoot the CB with alot of english
I think the shaft is cored like a Mezz Hybrid Pro
I notice there looks like a weightbolt in it??
and the ferulle is to soft( but that is personal) I like hard ferulles because I wanna here the sound of shooting the CB.
The shaft is little bit stiff (I like that)
I think this is a good shaft!! It hits like..between a Mezz Hybrid pro/Musashi ACSS shaft.

My good friend Nick van de Berg is going to test this shaft..next weekend
and I will also give his revieuw about this shaft.
I will post it when he have tested this shaft..

I will thank AXIO and also ANWAR CUES for the shaft!!
and I'm proud as a fellow Indonesian..that Indonesian PPL also can make cues and shafts!!

Selamat and terimah kasih!!

i looking out for mine to come soon .. Can't wait ,,,

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Hi guys,

I have received the shaft a couple of days ago...
It was wel packed!! and the shaft is deadstraight!!
When I open it, I look the shaft and all I can say...wowww the shaft looks great and nice signature on it, looks very classy!!
I put the shaft on my AL Bautista cue and it fits GOOD!!! A++

the cueball does exactly what I want..I have use halfpower and the CB spins very good!
second shot I call it a reverse shot..shoot the ball into the pocket with lot of low english..the shot is great!! with not much power I draw the CB into the longrail.
my last testshot is a drawshot..I have put the 8-ball for the pocket and the CB for the other reverse pocket..so this is a tuff shot because I want the CB draw back...first attempt the CB was not coming back..second a little bit, so I was thinking what I was doing wrong
The thrid time it goes like...wwwwoooooowwww, the thing what I did wrong I jacked to much my cue, with this shaft you don't have to jackup much to make this drawshot!

So my conclusion:
and the ferulle is to soft( but that is personal) I like hard ferulles because I wanna here the sound of shooting the CB.
I think this is a good shaft!! It hits like..between a Mezz Hybrid pro/Musashi ACSS shaft.

My good friend Nick van de Berg is going to test this shaft..next weekend
and I will also give his revieuw about this shaft.
I will post it when he have tested this shaft..

I will thank AXIO and also ANWAR CUES for the shaft!!
and I'm proud as a fellow Indonesian..that Indonesian PPL also can make cues and shafts!!

Selamat and terimah kasih!!

I am very thank full for the compliments and the praises Bro Djay...just for your info, just let the tiger tip harden more...because I am used to have a moori tip...the first time I used tiger I have hit it a few days until it is ready to use (ripe). then my stroke is more stable...

In there any spot that I can improve on Djay?

Thanks again

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0

So my conclusion:

OK where do I start.. This is about as worthless of a review that I have ever seen.. Yes the shaft is new and shinny and straight as all should be. But you fail to do any low deflection testing of any kind. You talk about doing a stop shot, an english shot and a draw shot that any novis player can do with a walmart cue.. But what makes this cue shaft LD? How is the shaft constructed ? Is it pie lamination like a preditor ? Flat lamination like meucci? Size of the ferrule and tip diameter ? An the worst thing is you did not even do any compairsons against other LD shafts.. Their is just a lot of things that you left out besides "This shaft is a real LD shaft". So why dont you do this guy a favor because after all he was nice enough to give you a shaft for you to write a proper review on. And do some real testing and write a proper review.. And just to let you know that if you need to jack up to do a draw shot you're doing it wrong..

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
I never knew meucci's LD shaft was flat lamination. I dont even know what that is.

jeez i hope i dont get flamed this hard when i post a review. I plan to give it a players perspective from a guy who has played pretty seriously for almost 30 years but I hope people dont give me a hard time bc I dont know the nitty gritty construction details of LD shafts.

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'm not trying to flame this guy. But there is just more to a review than saying "This shaft is a real LD shaft" with out any conclusive evidence, real testing and conpairsons.. Expecialy when your talking about LD shafts..

Djay Customs

Designer for JB Cases
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
OK where do I start.. This is about as worthless of a review that I have ever seen.. Yes the shaft is new and shinny and straight as all should be. But you fail to do any low deflection testing of any kind. You talk about doing a stop shot, an english shot and a draw shot that any novis player can do with a walmart cue.. But what makes this cue shaft LD? How is the shaft constructed ? Is it pie lamination like a preditor ? Flat lamination like meucci? Size of the ferrule and tip diameter ? An the worst thing is you did not even do any compairsons against other LD shafts.. Their is just a lot of things that you left out besides "This shaft is a real LD shaft". So why dont you do this guy a favor because after all he was nice enough to give you a shaft for you to write a proper review on. And do some real testing and write a proper review.. And just to let you know that if you need to jack up to do a draw shot you're doing it wrong..

Do you have a bad day or something???
I just tell what I've try with the shaft!!
My friend Nick vd Berg gonna test it also..and he will give also a revieuw...
Axio and I are both Indonesian PPL and he know I'm very thankful..
and I must jacked up when the CB is almost in de pocket..or kan you shoot threw the pocket????
so don't attack me....!!!!

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Do you have a bad day or something???
I just tell what I've try with the shaft!!
My friend Nick vd Berg gonna test it also..and he will give also a revieuw...
Axio and I are both Indonesian PPL and he know I'm very thankful..
and I must jacked up when the CB is almost in de pocket..or kan you shoot threw the pocket????
so don't attack me....!!!!

This is not a personal attack. I personaly have no idea who you are there for I would have no reason to personaly attack you.. And no I am not having a bad day. And for that matter why does it even matter that your both Indonesian. This is about your review.. You sat their and told everyone on the forum that this is "the real deal for an LD shaft" with out any facts or statments to back it up.. All you done is tell people that you made 3 or 4 balls and how shaft felt to you.. Even though none of these shots that you describe have anything to do with testing the deflection of the shaft.. You are not giving a review you are giving an opinion.. Do you think that preditor, Meucci and OB1 sell there shafts with out proper data to back it up.. Of corse not.. They have done tests and collected data to prove just how LD there product really is.. In reality anyone can make their shaft lower deflection just by lightening up the tip end of the cue.. All I am saying is that for someone to do a proper review of this persons product and to be fair to him and his product the review needs to be in compairson with other LD shafts and some data collected. Not just someone saying that "This shaft is a real LD shaft" with out any facts to back it up.. Now as for you draw shot. It was unclear to me that you put the CB inside the jaws of the pocket (because I thought that you were actually trying to do some sort of logical test) and I just assumed that you were trying to do a long draw shot aprox. full table length.. So I appollagize for my assumption..

Last edited:

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

JB,

I disagree with you. I think there is some good info in the review. If you wanted more answers you could just ask without the insult. This is also the first of several reviews beeing done on these shafts. As a long time member of this forum I would expect a more friendly responce. Axiom is the person who asked for the review and he seems pleased with it.

Mike

Djay Customs

Designer for JB Cases
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
JB,

I disagree with you. I think there is some good info in the review. If you wanted more answers you could just ask without the insult. This is also the first of several reviews beeing done on these shafts. As a long time member of this forum I would expect a more friendly responce. Axiom is the person who asked for the review and he seems pleased with it.

Mike

Thank you Mike.......

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
JB,

Mike

Ok Mike. I'll agree that my inital responce could have been done with out the insult.. But can anyone here actually point out any usefull information in that inital review.. Besides WOW.. Now I guess that this is just my opinion but there is just no information in this review that would make me say to my self "hey I got to try that". There is just one guy saying that he thinks that the shaft hits good with out any real data or information at all.. It is just my opinion that the original review needs to have to have more information to actually be a good review..

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I will cut the tip and ferrule off when finished just for you joe baker

SEND ME YOUR jOE bAKER SHAFT TO COMPARE OR SHUT UP. This is about LD shafts- iF YOURS IS LOW DEFLECTION i WILL KNOW !!!!! I WILL COMPARE THE PIVOT POINTS ON THE SHAFTS , WEIGHTS,. I have Pred to compare to, I have ob-1,2. !! I CAN BORROW A MEZZ. I jUST RECIEVED MY SHAFT TODAY - BY TONIGHT i WILL HIT SOME BALLS. I WILL TELL YOU NOW THEY ARE SOLID SHAFTS- NO LAMINATIONS,(ACTUALLY LIGHT BROWN SHAFT WOOD) THE JOINT COLLAR HAS AN INSERT INTO SHAFT FRONT. SIMILIAR TO WHAT PAUL HUBLER DID WITH NYLON INSERTS. THIS LOOKS TO BE BROWN LINEN. THE SHAFT DOES HAVE A DIFFERENT TAPER- I HAVE MANY OTHER SHAFTS FOR COMPARISON !!!!!! I DID TEST THE CUES FOR THE AZ BUILD OFF- I MUST SAY THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY,AND AS A FRIEND SAID I WILL TEST THE SHIT OUT OF IT!! PM SENT TO jOEBAKER MARK I WILL COUNT THE THREADS ON THE INSERT!!!!!!!

Last edited:

JBCustomCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
SEND ME YOUR jOE bAKER SHAFT TO COMPARE OR SHUT UP. This is about LD shafts- iF YOURS IS LOW DEFLECTION i WILL KNOW !!!!! I WILL COMPARE THE PIVOT POINTS ON THE SHAFTS , WEIGHTS,. I have Pred to compare to, I have ob-1,2. !! I CAN BORROW A MEZZ. I jUST RECIEVED MY SHAFT TODAY - BY TONIGHT i WILL HIT SOME BALLS. I WILL TELL YOU NOW THEY ARE SOLID SHAFTS- NO LAMINATIONS,(ACTUALLY LIGHT BROWN SHAFT WOOD) THE JOINT COLLAR HAS AN INSERT INTO SHAFT FRONT. SIMILIAR TO WHAT PAUL HUBLER DID WITH NYLON INSERTS. THIS LOOKS TO BE BROWN LINEN. THE SHAFT DOES HAVE A DIFFERENT TAPER- I HAVE MANY OTHER SHAFTS FOR COMPARISON !!!!!! I DID TEST THE CUES FOR THE AZ BUILD OFF- I MUST SAY THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY,AND AS A FRIEND SAID I WILL TEST THE SHIT OUT OF IT!! PM SENT TO jOEBAKER MARK I WILL COUNT THE THREADS ON THE INSERT!!!!!!!

What are you talking about?? This is not about my cues and I have not put any heat on the seller of these shafts.. My whole point was that I think that the person who done the first review had done the seller a great injustice with his poor review.. Now for the good of this seller of these shafts I hope you or one of the other testers step up and post a good review.. Because like I said before this person was nice enough to give shafts away so someone should do him the justice of writing him a proper review..

Wolven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Neither review talks about the LD qualities of the shaft. There is no direct comparison to predator and ob which would be the standard.
If I was making the shaft I would want more feedback.
There is little in the reviews that would make me want to buy this shaft.
It is possible this shaft is great but who knows........

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have to agree that It would be much better if the reviews are detail, such as the balance weight, the deflection comparison to other LD shafts, the squirts, the power, the spins, the price wise and all that

But most importantly what is the weak points of this shaft that I can improve on, comparing to other LD shafts that have been well known over the years. Or maybe this shaft can be at the same level or maybe better than those well known shaft. But I have nothing to say to those people who are brand minded.

Why am I doing this? is just to let people know that this shaft is worth it to be compared against those well known LD shaft with high technologies. But I really truthfully appreciate an honest review whether it is a short ones or a long ones.

Please make this trial a peaceful one as we are AZ forumers.
Thank you once again.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Everything is good with Mr.Joe Baker/hollywood

Mr Joe baker and I do see eye to eye. We both want good trials with the new Anwar shaft. Thanks for the response Joe. I think Joe is deep down looking out for Anwar cues. I will be playing on the daily special tomorrow as well. I will use the shaft like 15 hrs before I comment on play characteristics. I play on the tight pocket Diamond 9ft, Diamond Bar box, and play on 5-10 ft snooker table as well. I will be using the Shaft on a 07 Gilbert from the expo, An Ernie Martinez Custom Hustler. I will be using the z-2 Pred. and Original 1997 unplayed 314 Pred. tonight. I will use an n-17 Joss, 1995 a-4 Joss, and a Paul Mottey,with the Pred shafts. I play 14.1 - 8,9,10 ball, banks and 1 pocket. I will let others use the shaft( pred players to gather more info- Hopefully Beau Run- and Jeese Engles and Gene (perfect aim) will be at shooters tonight. I will let Jimmy the kid test it too. A good night to all. mark

axio

Happy Go Lucky
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Mr Joe baker and I do see eye to eye. We both want good trials with the new Anwar shaft. Thanks for the response Joe. I think Joe is deep down looking out for Anwar cues. I will be playing on the daily special tomorrow as well. I will use the shaft like 15 hrs before I comment on play characteristics. I play on the tight pocket Diamond 9ft, Diamond Bar box, and play on 5-10 ft snooker table as well. I will be using the Shaft on a 07 Gilbert from the expo, An Ernie Martinez Custom Hustler. I will be using the z-2 Pred. and Original 1997 unplayed 314 Pred. tonight. I will use an n-17 Joss, 1995 a-4 Joss, and a Paul Mottey,with the Pred shafts. I play 14.1 - 8,9,10 ball, banks and 1 pocket. I will let others use the shaft( pred players to gather more info- Hopefully Beau Run- and Jeese Engles and Gene (perfect aim) will be at shooters tonight. I will let Jimmy the kid test it too. A good night to all. mark

I am thankful for your effort to really get inside look to this shaft, I am very eager to see the result to that, no matter is good news or bad news. My eyes and ears are open.

Thank you

Jager Monster

Got Szamboti?
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have recieved my Anwar LD shaft and will shoot with it this weekend and Monday night for BCA play offs. I will have my review posted Wednesday or Thursday. I will make it as specific as possible.

Mike