League scheduling software?

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
Hi.

We're trying to make a balanced, home-and-away schedule for a weekly league. Can anyone point me to software or resources to achieve this?

Key issues: multiple venues, some with multiple teams which can't both be playing @home the same week.

Desire: a balanced home/away round robin schedule, which we'll reverse for the second half of the season. Currently have 13 teams, but would like flexibility to add/drop teams and rebuild the schedule easily (not midseason though!).

Any templates/software would be appreciated.

-s

gergs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
PM Jschelin99 he runs our biggest local league. I'm sure he would be able and willing to help.

MoonshineMattK

Silver Member
Making a schedule with multiple venues is one of the most challenging parts of running a league.

I'm not aware of a program that can do what you are asking.

Keeping my eye on this thread, maybe someone can point us in the right direction. I'm up for finding an easier way.

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you join the CSI family of leagues - BCAPL & USAPL, our software (Leaguesys) takes care of the standard scheduling issues.

It can also be modified to handle 'wierd' situations.

This is once more reason to be sanctione with us.
LeagueSys is a web based system that allow all your members to see all their past performances. Players love it.

It makes entering all the weekly results very easy and it allows us to verify weeks of play etc. for all our national & regional events.

Plus you get to take part in the greatest pool tournament on earth!

Contact us to learn more.

Mark Griffin
markg@playcsipool.com
702-719-7665

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have to second the plug for Mark, the Masters USAPL league is the only league I have ever joined in 20+ years of playing, and the only one I've found that plays by rules that are made for real players.

If you join the CSI family of leagues - BCAPL & USAPL, our software (Leaguesys) takes care of the standard scheduling issues.

It can also be modified to handle 'wierd' situations.

This is once more reason to be sanctione with us.
LeagueSys is a web based system that allow all your members to see all their past performances. Players love it.

It makes entering all the weekly results very easy and it allows us to verify weeks of play etc. for all our national & regional events.

Plus you get to take part in the greatest pool tournament on earth!

Contact us to learn more.

Mark Griffin
markg@playcsipool.com
702-719-7665

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
Making a schedule with multiple venues is one of the most challenging parts of running a league.

I'm not aware of a program that can do what you are asking.

Keeping my eye on this thread, maybe someone can point us in the right direction. I'm up for finding an easier way.

There are softwares out there, TSSS being one. I am evaluating it, but also trying to write my own solution.

Thanks for input. If anyone else has something, I'd love to stop writing this stupid program!

Mark, thanks for your option. We are already paying sanction to VNEA, doubling up might not be $$ feasible.

-s

MoonshineMattK

Silver Member
There are softwares out there, TSSS being one. I am evaluating it, but also trying to write my own solution.

Thanks for input. If anyone else has something, I'd love to stop writing this stupid program!

Mark, thanks for your option. We are already paying sanction to VNEA, doubling up might not be $$ feasible.

-s

Thanks for starting this thread.

Looks like my life is going to be a little easier this fall.

AZ is a great resource.

steev

Lazy User
Silver Member
For those who are in the same boat: look into RRS (round robin scheduler) from Galactix.

$69 and appears to work well, when set up properly. You set up the league(s), location(s) (they call em fields), and teams. Also set up play times and location availability. Then tell it to set up a schedule with your parameters.

There are a lot more features like logos, websites, sponsors, and more.

http://www.galactix.com/rrs/index.html

-s

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
All of these have not helped me one bit.

Mark I would love to use League Sys but I run a league using a format of play far different then yours. I can't agree to your handicapping and terms, I wish I could cause I would love to use Leaguesys.

STICKBNDER

Cajun Transplant
Silver Member
i use league magician. does scheduling and acounts for number of tables at each venue. it also keeps track for more than one league per night. for instance. say i have a BCA and VNEA in the same bar that night. if both are scheduled with the software, it will not over book the bar for the avail tables. works really well. it is also a database so does all the stats and handicaps.

Noodle

Registered
The largest issue we run into is multiple divisions with multiple teams out of one location. It seems our software we use (League Leader) will be fine when looking for conflicts within a division but not across divisions.

Such a pain.

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
wish i could find it

years ago when i was running a t-ball league i found a home-away schedule book at a local bookstore.
although it was a "soccer book" , had everything in it i needed,
from 5 teams up to 30? i think it was.

my wife, the pack-rat, only seems to throw away MY THINGS. :rolleyes:
i'll keep looking,
but i think i have a better chance of finding jimmy hoffa than i do the book