League trophy

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I've had better league trophies than this.

Attachments

• Fedor.jpg
    Fedor.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 423

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t think Fedor plays for the trophy. He probably has a whole room full of them just collecting dust.
I’m sure he likes the cash and the recognition that comes with the title.

Last edited:

jason

Silver Member
But did your trophy come with a check for 25k?
I wish! The point of this thread is not to knock the accomplishment of Fedor, but to highlight that this trophy sucks for such a great accomplishment. The money will come and go, but I would rather not even get a trophy than have this one. Fedor will have a million dollar house some day and have to hang a $5 plaque on the wall. I have thrown away better looking trophies. They can do better...a lot better.

jason

Silver Member
I don’t think Fedor plays for the trophy. He probably a whole room full of them just collecting dust.
I’m sure he likes the cash and the recognition that comes with the title.
I agree and I don’t think most care about anything but the cash. I don’t care about trophies and haven’t since I was a kid. That being said, if I was ever lucky enough to win an event like that I would keep it and display it proudly. There are something’s that are special like the superbowl or World Series. This is embarrassing imo

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wish! The point of this thread is not to knock the accomplishment of Fedor, but to highlight that this trophy sucks for such a great accomplishment. The money will come and go, but I would rather not even get a trophy than have this one. Fedor will have a million dollar house some day and have to hang a $5 plaque on the wall. I have thrown away better looking trophies. They can do better...a lot better.
It does actually resemble APA Big Dawg plaques in our area!

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know. If I collected trophies to display in my game room, I'd rather have one like that I can hang on the wall than a 3-foot trophy with a little gold plastic pool player on top that collects dust and takes up shelf space. One of those giant checks would be nice -- Niels Feijen has one for $30k on his game room wall.

But since I don't collect trophies, I'd rather have the money that was spent on the trophy.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
illustrates my point perfectly.
Actually that is a monstrosity. How long would it be before a trophy that size became a huge nuisance? Then ending up it the garage loft to get it out of the way? Then the dumpster or a garage sale? I would skip it all and head it straight to the dumpster. House isn't big enough for all the crap i already have.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I'm with Jason on this one... Always thought the TurningStone sticker on particle board was a backhanded compliment.

Even my local CPA league goes through the effort to have a glass etched with your name for winning the MVP of the season. Sure they have a stack of them prepped for the years to come.

Maybe trophies would have greater likelyhood of being on display if they had any aesthetic value.

jason

Silver Member
Actually that is a monstrosity. How long would it be before a trophy that size became a huge nuisance? Then ending up it the garage loft to get it out of the way? Then the dumpster or a garage sale? I would skip it all and head it straight to the dumpster. House isn't big enough for all the crap i already have.
With the money Fedro will make, he can afford a big house. Yes, that trophy is huge but it’s for pickleball. That’s the irony, isn’t it?

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to be big in bass tournaments in my younger years, was state champ for awhile. I had so many trophies, and honestly, they were useless. Would much rather had a plaque or framed print. I threw all my trophies out after some years, but would have kept the plaques and prints.