Leather Wrap Jig

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Unique the only one that sells the complete leather wrap jig? Looking to buy one soon, any opinions greatly appreciated.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is Unique the only one that sells the complete leather wrap jig? Looking to buy one soon, any opinions greatly appreciated.

It's the best one I've used and worth the money. Will last a lifetime if not abused. Martin

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
http://uniqueinc.com/inc/sdetail/1913/1117

$500.00 for the fixture is a crap ton of money. Several people on here have built their own. Maybe one of them would be willing to share their design for a fee. I for one would be interested.

Hi,

If you think that is a lot of money, you are not charging enough for a leather wrap job.

When you are done building one that cuts both lines perfectly down the center of the handle like Unique's Jig, you will have spent a lot if time and effort and purchased a lot of material. There is a bit of engineering and precision machining going on there.

Spend 500.00 or work for 10.00 per hour and maybe get a fixture that is not as exact.

Good luck,

Rick

pescadoman

Randy
Silver Member
http://uniqueinc.com/inc/sdetail/1913/1117

$500.00 for the fixture is a crap ton of money. Several people on here have built their own. Maybe one of them would be willing to share their design for a fee. I for one would be interested.

A Bridgeport cost a bit more than 500.00.

Mechanical drawings are great, but you still need the right machine.

Kind of like "WOW, that's alot of money for a cue. I mean, you just put some wood in a lathe and turn it round....right?"

I'm not bashing anyone who wants to make there own, but in lieu of criticizing Unique for putting a price that, in your opinion is too high, let's give them credit for having a readily available tool that does a perfect job.

NOW. That being said, a jig for cutting leather wraps can be made out of wood that does the job just as well. I'm not saying YOU could do it as well with that jig, I'm simply saying I know someone who does it and his wraps are as good as anyone else on the planet.

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
If you have a hightower lathe he sells one that mounts on it that works well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

chipperd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have a hightower lathe he sells one that mounts on it that works well.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, didn't know that. I am actually in the process of buying another lathe. I am torn between hightowers deluxe lathe and the porper b lathe. If you have any advice, please message me.

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
A Bridgeport cost a bit more than 500.00.

Mechanical drawings are great, but you still need the right machine.

Kind of like "WOW, that's alot of money for a cue. I mean, you just put some wood in a lathe and turn it round....right?"

Actually you just feed wood into a CNC machine and push the button ... havent you been reading the posts on this board?

Willee