Leather wrap

asn130

Night owl
Silver Member
Exactly what kind of wrap is this & where can i get it?

thanks.

8snakeBEM1b_op_800x544.jpg

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Looks like a black lizard wrap or lizard embossed leather wrap. Any cue maker that does leather wraps will be able to help you.
Are you wanting to buy one or have one installed?
Thanx

asn130

Night owl
Silver Member
J&D CUSTOMS said:
Looks like a black lizard wrap or lizard embossed leather wrap. Any cue maker that does leather wraps will be able to help you.
Are you wanting to buy one or have one installed?
Thanx

i want to buy it & have a local cuemaker install it.

I thought all the "lizard" wraps were actually cowhide embossed with a lizard skin pattern. I didn't know that some were actually lizard skin.

dave sutton

Banned
asn130 said:
i want to buy it & have a local cuemaker install it.

I thought all the "lizard" wraps were actually cowhide embossed with a lizard skin pattern. I didn't know that some were actually lizard skin.
Some are embossed some are real real is twice the price

Kenny Koo - flyingsnail - can do it. He has alot of skins real and embossed

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
dave sutton said:
Some are embossed some are real real is twice the price

Kenny Koo - flyingsnail - can do it. He has alot of skins real and embossed
Thank you Dave for your kind word. Here are some examples of lizard skins.
DSC01900.jpg

DSC01899.jpg

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
On this pictures look like a Kent Davis cue. If you want that wrap or know what kind of wrap on that cue, you might have to pm jazznpool Martin. He got all kinds of real nice wraps also.:thumbup:
asn130 said:

thanks.

View attachment 87547

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It appears to be black Java lizard. I sell the Java wrap blanks for $50 each.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
That's my "Baby lizard" precision split cue wrap. It is an embossed analine cowhide with a glazed finish. Looks good and feels good on the hand. They're a snap for a skilled cue mechanic to install. The cost is $14 each and $11 each per dozen plus shipping. I think you'll be real pleased. PM me if you'd like to get one. I can also say I highly recommend Kenny "Flyingsnail" Koo for any kind of leather wrap installation on a pool cue.

Martin

asn130 said:

thanks.

View attachment 87547

Last edited:

powerpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thickness

jazznpool said:
That's my "Baby lizard" precision split cue wrap. It is an embossed analine cowhide with a glazed finish. Looks good and feels good on the hand. They're a snap for a skilled cue mechanic to install. The cost is $14 each and $11 each per dozen plus shipping. I think you'll be real pleased. PM me if you'd like to get one. I can also say I highly recommend Kenny "Flyingsnail" Koo for any kind of leather wrap installation on a pool cue.

Martin
Can you tell me what they run for thickness on these wraps.

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Generally .020 to .024. There is extremely good thickness consistency within a piece side to side and end to end. Although not yet widely advertised my wraps are being used by lots of top cuemakers. I have them on display and for sale at Valley Forge this year.

Martin

powerpool said:
Can you tell me what they run for thickness on these wraps.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
jazznpool said:

Martin
That embossed pattern is very real looking. Nice wrap.

Chris Byrne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am using Martins wraps and can attest to consistant quality. I am very pleased with everything I have recieved from him. Chris.

asn130

Night owl
Silver Member
jazznpool said:

Martin

Martin, thanks for your input on this, i've been looking for a leather wrap that feels like a wrapless cue & i believe that this one is exactly what i want.

PM sent.

asn130

Night owl
Silver Member
i'm going to be getting 2 of these wraps & one of them is going on this cue....

i'd like for you guys to tell me wheather i should get brown or black.

sp1106-800.jpg

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
new skin

Nice Schon. I had a very similar one done with a stacked leather wrap to match the orange-redish points and it came out great. I would recommend letting the installer pick out the color for you. Or, at least, taking some pics of their best options. It's much easier to see what works and what doesn't in person. I would definitely recommend Flyingsnail/Kenny for the job. He does great work and has an amazing selection of wraps to choose from.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think embossed leather will feel like a "wrapless cue". You might want to consider the stack wrap or a sealed finished over wrap it you want a wrapless feel.

asn130

Night owl
Silver Member
cyrex said:
Nice Schon. I had a very similar one done with a stacked leather wrap to match the orange-redish points and it came out great. I would recommend letting the installer pick out the color for you. Or, at least, taking some pics of their best options. It's much easier to see what works and what doesn't in person. I would definitely recommend Flyingsnail/Kenny for the job. He does great work and has an amazing selection of wraps to choose from.

Actually, i had Ryan from muellers do a stack leather wrap on that cue & it is brown (to match points) with black accent & it looked fricking amazing.

The problem is, it's my daily player & the wrap has turned dirty brown & black. Also, it now feels like a linen wrap (which i hate).

This is NOT a knock on Ryan's work, it was & is perfect. I just like the cue to feel more tacky.

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
jazznpool said:
That's my "Baby lizard" precision split cue wrap. It is an embossed analine cowhide with a glazed finish. Looks good and feels good on the hand.
Martin

Would you please post a picture of the whole wrap.

Thanks,

jazznpool

Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's a photo of the front and back of the precision split Baby Lizard wrap. They are $14 each and $11 each if a dozen or more are purchased plus ship. The feedback from cuemakers and players has been very positive on this wrap. Many other precision split leather cue wraps available. I have a list that can be emailed. Thanks, Martin

babylizard.jpg

Martin

Arnot Wadsworth said:
Would you please post a picture of the whole wrap.

Thanks,