LED lights...... check this out!

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before you go any further I am not trying to sell anything. This is only to maybe help someone find a more cost efficient way to light their table up. I have an old style light that just took 3 bulbs and did a fair at best job. Shadows were bad and so on. Anyway, I stumbled upon these “UFO” style adjustable light bulbs on eBay and ordered 2. I figured for $13 each it was worth a shot. My light went from 3 bulbs to 2 of these (one one each end) and wow am I super happy with the purchase! Just figured I would throw this out there. If it helps anyone like it did me I’ll be glad I passed it along.
Here is the eBay link where I bought mine and pics of the bulbs and my table underneath.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/383368389384
yO6AKpq.png

9SErIRj.png

9EVbZYf.jpg

TME4zWu.jpg

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my opinion...

If you want to promote something, sell something or just in general want to be helpful ...AND... the subject matter requires pictures, go to the "Test" forum first (just below NPR).

Post your pictures. If they are way too big (like the ones you posted, fix it there first. Then post here.

My sense is that people that click on this won't stay as the screen scrolls forever trying to see just what the heck you have posted a picture of.

Thanks for the good thought but please, improve your technique.

Top Pic.jpg
Bottom Pic.jpg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I for one find your post helpful as for ~$15usd these could be an option for a lot of people.

How well do they light up the table at greater heights? They don't look too terribly bright for an LED still, but pictures and LEDs can be very deceiving. Also, do you have a non-LED light next to it on the right?

Nobody wants to babysit how a picture is displayed on a forum, and that's not "user error", it's defective by design.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I for one find your post helpful as for ~$15usd these could be an option for a lot of people.

How well do they light up the table at greater heights? They don't look too terribly bright for an LED still, but pictures and LEDs can be very deceiving. Also, do you have a non-LED light next to it on the right?

Nobody wants to babysit how a picture is displayed on a forum, and that's not "user error", it's defective by design.

The non led in the center was removed. They are incredibly bright, the last photo of the table is in a finished basement. In my opinion worth every penny.

Anyone who cares to criticize my pictures can do as they please. I don’t know anything about resizing a photo nor do I care to.

tableroll

Rolling Thunder
Silver Member
I have a table light that accepts 3 bulbs. I took out the incandescent bulbs and put in 3, 60 watt LED's. Perfect lighting and low energy usage. Not much heat generated either.

VonRhett

Friends Call Me "von"
Silver Member
Perhaps an option for those who can't afford a table light.

See that SHADOW behind the cue bumper??

That's from uneven lighting - NOT what you want on a pool table.

-von

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow that's cool! I never saw one like that. I have my "shop" in my "living room" and may try one of these in an existing ceiling fixture to get more light to my tools.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps an option for those who can't afford a table light.

See that SHADOW behind the cue bumper??

That's from uneven lighting - NOT what you want on a pool table.

-von

All tables will have some shadows, you would need a light longer than the table to eliminate all the shadows.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ended up getting these from Amazon, actually cheaper than ebay. The big one is 60W, and the smaller one is 40W. A regular LED 60W equivalent bulb is 9-10W. I think they are pretty good, and only $10-12 each.

IMG_6605.jpeg

IMG_6606.jpeg

IMG_6607.jpeg

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who cares to criticize my pictures can do as they please. I don’t know anything about resizing a photo nor do I care to.

Your phots are fine, but...um....you might want to hide all your food.....You've got super stealthy bear crawling up your wall! (they splay their legs out like that no as not to make a sound)

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Ive been looking the 2 ft sections of LED lights that join. This looks simple and interesting no doubt.