Less than a minute and "Hey, where'd that come from?"

IMO, it should be a foul to leave the chalk upside down on the table. :rolleyes: LOL. If that's too harsh, then how about one warning and a foul on the second offense? Seems perfectly fair to me. I look at it as unsportsmanlike conduct because it degrades the quality of the equipment, albeit temporary.

If it didn't leave a mess, then I wouldn't care, but some people put it upside down EVERY time they set it down. Within a game or two, this often results in blue chalk all over the rails, and in turn, chalk on me that didn't have to be there. This is especially annoying when it's on nice equipment where the cloth is kept fairly clean.

I guess my solution will be to bring a damp paper towel to the table, and wipe down the rails each time I start an inning. The upside-down chalk guy will probably eventually get tired of waiting for the wipe-down and start placing the chalk right-side up. LOL. :D
 
Actually the correct way to place chalk on the table is its side. This way players dont get chalk on their clothing while leaning over the rail for a shot. That is the proper table manner. I really dont leave chalk on the rail unless it is a bar. I played at a country bar last night. They had the most worn out Silver Cup I have seen. The bored out piece was down to the paper on the bottom. I had to walk away as the guy I played kept chalking it up like the magic paper on the bottom was gonna help.
 
3andstop said:
Funny, if I had to list the top five things most likely to be able to distract me while playing, I'm sure that grabbing for dangling chalk, or putting chalk on in my pocket or anywhere else for that matter would be right up there.

Taking the chalk from the rail, chalking, replacing it, ( LOL picking it up again at times) chalking and putting it back on the rail (face up btw) is an integral part of my rhythm while stalking the table, so to speak.

I often watched Karen Corr with the chalk, wondering how the heck can she do that ... lol, guess its all what you are used to. :)

TAP! TAP! TAP! Exactly!!! Picking up the chalk, chalking the tip while I walk around and survey the table and the shot, and then putting it down after I've made a decision and before I line up behind the shot is a huge part of my pre-shot routine.
 
I favor a DQ on the first offense

I favor a DQ on the first offense. I figure that gives me at least a 50/50 shot of beating Efren in a long race. I'm willing to bet that after a lifetime of putting it face down he'll do it before the match is over.

Hu



Cuebacca said:
IMO, it should be a foul to leave the chalk upside down on the table. :rolleyes: LOL. If that's too harsh, then how about one warning and a foul on the second offense? Seems perfectly fair to me. I look at it as unsportsmanlike conduct because it degrades the quality of the equipment, albeit temporary.

If it didn't leave a mess, then I wouldn't care, but some people put it upside down EVERY time they set it down. Within a game or two, this often results in blue chalk all over the rails, and in turn, chalk on me that didn't have to be there. This is especially annoying when it's on nice equipment where the cloth is kept fairly clean.

I guess my solution will be to bring a damp paper towel to the table, and wipe down the rails each time I start an inning. The upside-down chalk guy will probably eventually get tired of waiting for the wipe-down and start placing the chalk right-side up. LOL. :D
d
 
Sometimes I feel like I am one of the few that actually likes Silver Cup chalk! I have played with both and I prefer it over Master.
 
Back
Top