Literature on cue making ?

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear cuemakers,
Is there any recommended literature out there on how to make cues?

It is not that I expect to read something and will then be able to make my own cue. But I would just like to read more about the process of cue making to understand the complexity of the trade.

As a, say advanced hobby knive maker, I think I understand a bit about tools, machines and materials. And as a cue collector, I admire cues. Oh - yes, I have a few machines as a lathe and a milling machine in my basement :rolleyes:

As my job puts me in contact with some high tech material as advanced ceramics and metals, I am curious if that could have any impact on cue technology. But without knowing the basics, I feel that I can not understand enough about cues to get a clear idea.

Thank you for any comments

Best regards from Germany

Gerhard

Busbee Cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear cuemakers,
Is there any recommended literature out there on how to make cues?

It is not that I expect to read something and will then be able to make my own cue. But I would just like to read more about the process of cue making to understand the complexity of the trade.

As a, say advanced hobby knive maker, I think I understand a bit about tools, machines and materials. And as a cue collector, I admire cues. Oh - yes, I have a few machines as a lathe and a milling machine in my basement :rolleyes:

As my job puts me in contact with some high tech material as advanced ceramics and metals, I am curious if that could have any impact on cue technology. But without knowing the basics, I feel that I can not understand enough about cues to get a clear idea.

Thank you for any comments

Gerhard

Hello Gerhard,

Here is a link to probably the best all around book on cue building.
http://www.cuesmith.com/index.php?page=book_video

pdcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Google search - 'pool cue making instructions' - 2 seconds - 314,000 results(314.000 for our European friends)

Next!

Dale

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you guys - that book seems to be the solution!:thumbup:

Have a nice Sunday

Gerhard

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I did a search for Dennis Deikman's web site. Someone had mentioned previously that it was down. Too bad as he had a ton of reading on PDF files that you could down load.

Plus, his Viet Nam blog and other articles were a good read too.

Darn, my hard drive blew up some time ago and I did have his PDF files. They are on a back up disc somewhere over the rainbow. Just have to find them.

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Gerhard
How is everything going in Germany

Hello Travis,

Just fine! A bit snowy and slightly chilly (-29°F).

Don't worry about my literature search, I will deffinetly not try to compete with you!:grin:

Gerhard