Live Finals-free-world Pool Championship

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Please correct the times if they are wrong.

SUNDAY 1:30 AM Pacific
SUNDAY 12:30 AM CST
SATURDAY 10:30 PM EST

USE the SOPCAST program which you can download from the website to log in and view the FINALS LIVE- FREE.
www.sopcast.com

ESPN CHannel 6003.

The Bustamante and Peach match was electrifying, live.

Enjoy,

JoeyA
 
Last edited:
Joey

You put EST for California time instead Pacific time.

Also, they are allowing 3.5 hours for the final match, so for CST that goes from 12:30 am Sunday to 4 am Sunday.

Also, with the program Sopcast, 1.1.2 which is free to download, you don't have to go to the website, everything is in the program, and can be run separately on your PC, channel 6003, and it has Full Screen mode.
 
Snapshot9 said:
You put EST for California time instead Pacific time.

Also, they are allowing 3.5 hours for the final match, so for CST that goes from 12:30 am Sunday to 4 am Sunday.

Also, with the program Sopcast, 1.1.2 which is free to download, you don't have to go to the website, everything is in the program, and can be run separately on your PC, channel 6003, and it has Full Screen mode.

OK, thanks Scott! I corrected it.

I downloaded the sopcast program version 2.0.1 and it works great. Is there a difference between the two versions that is important to know?

JoeyA
 
Wake Up Call

JoeyA said:
Please correct the times if they are wrong.

SUNDAY 1:30 AM Pacific
SUNDAY 12:30 AM CST
SATURDAY 10:30 PM EST

USE the SOPCAST program which you can download from the website to log in and view the FINALS LIVE- FREE.
www.sopcast.com

ESPN CHannel 6003.

The Bustamante and Peach match was electrifying, live.

Enjoy,

JoeyA

Thanks JoeyA. That viewer is pretty cool. I'll need a wake up call! :eek:
 
jgpool said:
Thanks JoeyA. That viewer is pretty cool. I'll need a wake up call! :eek:

You're welcome!

I know some of the AZers are not familiar with this FREE SERVICE and if you love pool, you will want to use this program to watch the FINALS LIVE. It is easy to use but I imagine you need DSL or Cable speed to watch the video.

If you have dial-up speed I wouldn't waste the effort to download the program.

For the record, there are LOTS OF OTHER things to watch using the sopcast program and you can check out the other channels as well. Me, I'm stuck on pool and ESPN is doing the broadcast for the WPC (on SOPCAST) and it is awesome.

I hope that other AZers who aren't familiar with this program will go and download it today so that they can experiment with it before the big FINALS between Gomez (Superman, the Filipino favorite and Peach (THE BRIT PIT) :-)


The program is easy to use and you can log on anonymously. The quality of the video was VERY NICE.

I'm no computer wiz but it was easy getting hooked up.

I haven't had any problems with the program of any type and it was fun watching the World Pool Championship live and for free.

Hope other AZers take advantage of this opportunity because I don't know how long it's going to last.

JoeyA
 
I'm kind of a little confused since we just had the Daylight Savings Time change last weekend.

I am on the East Coast and use EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

Am I correct that the match on SOPCAST will be at 1:30 a.m., EST, meaning approximately 11 hours from now at the time of this writing?

JAM
 
I Miss My WebTv.... imo

My wife won't allow me to download ANYTHING...
Doug
( there was a period when my laptop would not even SPEAK to me..........................or anyone else )
 
JAM said:
I'm kind of a little confused since we just had the Daylight Savings Time change last weekend.

I am on the East Coast and use EASTERN STANDARD TIME.

Am I correct that the match on SOPCAST will be at 1:30 a.m., EST, meaning approximately 11 hours from now at the time of this writing?

JAM

That's my understanding Jennie but I am going to check in one hour prior to that to be sure. I'd hate to miss a 13-0 whipping. :-)

Hopefully I can stay awake tonight. 3 1/2 hours is a long time but it could be worth it.

JoeyA
 
Smorgass Bored said:
My wife won't allow me to download ANYTHING...
Doug
( there was a period when my laptop would not even SPEAK to me..........................or anyone else )

OK, I feel sorry for you. You can call me on the telephone and I will give you little bits of information about what's going on. Keep in mind I don't like to talk much when I am playing or watching pool matches.

If you had Hal Houle's phone plan you could talk all you want for $25.00 a month and if you were his age you wouldn't need much sleep either. :D :D
JoeyA


P.S. Jerome and a guy named Brandon were playing one pocket for a very long time. It looked like a see-saw to me. One bill per game of one hole even up.
 
JoeyA said:
That's my understanding Jennie but I am going to check in one hour prior to that to be sure. I'd hate to miss a 13-0 whipping. :-)

Hopefully I can stay awake tonight. 3 1/2 hours is a long time but it could be worth it.

JoeyA



The finals will start at 2:30 pm Manila time/10:30 pm Pacific/1:30 am EST.
 
BURP ! Excuuuuuuuse ME.....

gopi-1 said:
The finals will start at 2:30 pm Manila time and 1:30 am EST.



1:30 IN THE MORNING ?
I don't know if I'd be able to watch pool at that hour, I'll be EATING.
Doug
:)
 
gopi-1 said:
The finals will start at 2:30 pm Manila time/10:30 pm Pacific/1:30 am EST.

That is what I thought too. However, in the main story in this website, they said the finals will start at 15:30 pm Manila. If it is then it will be 2:30 am US EST/ 11:30 pm, Friday Pacific.

To be safe, since I am in the east coast, I am going to set my alarm clock at 1 am this morning so I would not miss any of the action.
 
Not a chance!

Smorgass Bored said:
1:30 IN THE MORNING ?
I don't know if I'd be able to watch pool at that hour, I'll be EATING.
Doug
:)

I'm not going to ask!! :D
 
f210 said:
That is what I thought too. However, in the main story in this website, they said the finals will start at 15:30 pm Manila. If it is then it will be 2:30 am US EST/ 11:30 pm, Friday Pacific.

To be safe, since I am in the east coast, I am going to set my alarm clock at 1 am this morning so I would not miss any of the action.

That Daylight Savings Time has me confused. I'm going to sleep tonignt and just wake up at 1:30 a.m., my time. I usually get up at 3:00 most days anyway, occupational hazard. It sucks to wake up before the roosters sometimes! :o

However, for the WPC Finals, it will be well worth it! I can't wait to see Gomez shine brightly. The crowd will be electricifying. I hope they put Jerry Forsyth in the commentator booth.

What's the difference in getting FREE Sopcast and paying the 5 bucks to Mathroom Sports for the live finals? Is Matchroom Sports better, no audio breaks? Plus, I noticed Sopcast was about 2 minutes or so behing the LIVE action. NBC, who posted on this thread, was there in Philippines providing live updates on this thread, and he knew the outcome before it came on Sopcast! So, which do you think is faster, FREE Sopcast or $5 Matchroom Sports?

JAM
 
JAM said:
That Daylight Savings Time has me confused. I'm going to sleep tonignt and just wake up at 1:30 a.m., my time. I usually get up at 3:00 most days anyway, occupational hazard. It sucks to wake up before the roosters sometimes! :o

However, for the WPC Finals, it will be well worth it! I can't wait to see Gomez shine brightly. The crowd will be electricifying. I hope they put Jerry Forsyth in the commentator booth.

What's the difference in getting FREE Sopcast and paying the 5 bucks to Mathroom Sports for the live finals? Is Matchroom Sports better, no audio breaks? Plus, I noticed Sopcast was about 2 minutes or so behing the LIVE action. NBC, who posted on this thread, was there in Philippines providing live updates on this thread, and he knew the outcome before it came on Sopcast! So, which do you think is faster, FREE Sopcast or $5 Matchroom Sports?

JAM

Some people paid the $5 but said they were having problems and that it was not LIVE. For example, we were viewing it LIVE via sopcast and they said according to the schedule, they will not be able to view it until 5 am. I am not sure of this though. You could always try it since it is only $5.
 
f210 said:
Some people paid the $5 but said they were having problems and that it was not LIVE. For example, we were viewing it LIVE via sopcast and they said according to the schedule, they will not be able to view it until 5 am. I am not sure of this though. You could always try it since it is only $5.



Zuuukkerz! :D
 
f210 said:
Some people paid the $5 but said they were having problems and that it was not LIVE. For example, we were viewing it LIVE via sopcast and they said according to the schedule, they will not be able to view it until 5 am. I am not sure of this though. You could always try it since it is only $5.

I just looked at all my Pay-Per-View on Comcast cable, not a mention of any pool.

I'm going with GOP-1's suggestion on the other thread! :D

JAM
 
Back
Top