Loctite GO2 and Kamui Clear

James Sarenich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui recommends Loctite 401 in their installation video. After reading the properties of 401 I find no reference to shock or impact resistant. they also recommend Loctite Professional on their sales page. Again no reference to shock or impact resistance. Has any one tried Loctite GO2. The information states shock resistant. Set up is slower then 401 or Professional. But if the longevity is better, I don't care. If anyone would care to share their successes or failures, please post or PM.
Thank You in advance for all replies, Jim

James Sarenich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No one replied, so I gave it a try. Put on the Kamui clear. let it sit 24 hours before trimming it down. I didn't play on it till about the 40 hour mark.

I've played very heavy on it in 5 days of play. Probably 20 plus hours of play. So far so good. I did found the specs on the loctite website. The shear strength is not what I would hope for, but like I said so far so good. Jim

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
put it on with loctite control gel cut it and shape it ............. play with it in 10 minutes.

quit over thinking it

it's just a cue tip

Kim

jecues

JE cues
Silver Member
loctite control gel works for everything. Best part when you run yourself out you can go to walmart and get more.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
loctite control gel works for everything. Best part when you run yourself out you can go to walmart and get more.

Walmart has the best price but I don't think they sell that much so it's old. I buy it at Lowes..... they are out of it sometimes... so I know they sell a lot.

The only problem I have ever had with that glue is if I don't use it up in a week or 2 it doesn't set up as fast. I toss it when it gets old.....

Kim

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
Agree with Kim, Loctite gel, using it for years on end and never had a failure. Like Kim stated use it up in a short period of time, fresh is better.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Agree with Kim, Loctite gel, using it for years on end and never had a failure. Like Kim stated use it up in a short period of time, fresh is better.

How I found out about age of the glue is I had 3 tips pop off in a week........ had not have one come off in the previous year.... changed glue and no more problems......

I put on a tip and counted to 10 and backed of the tail stock and the tip fell off.... the CA was still wet... it never set up.......... threw out the bottle and opened another......... there is always a spare unopened bottle on the shelf.

Kim

wabelly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
loctitle go2 and kamui clear

30 days throwaway even if 1 or 10 tips store upside down helps keep air out of it

Brickcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use the Loctite Gel in the 3gr. tube and you get 2 tubes per pack. I use a tube every 2 weeks putting tips on with no problems for the past 8 years. I believe it used to be 2gr. tubes but if you look you can find the 3 gr. tubes. I used to use the 401 but the tube was so big that by the time you get half way thru the tube it goes bad which is usually about 6 months.