lol 2nd row break, alex vs. busty

19-12// alex on a 2 pack, running out the 3rd right now. he keeps breaking from the siderail for some reason, busty was breaking from center of the table and making out like a bandit.
 
Busti on hill, alex caught a break and has turned it into a 4 pack, working on 5... but he still needs 7 in a row to win. This race may be a bit too short, the score is too lopsided, it's not like alex is making lots of mistakes.

Then again it could just be busty's superior break is gonna always give him an edge, even if they played 100 racks.
 
Busti on hill, alex caught a break and has turned it into a 4 pack, working on 5... but he still needs 7 in a row to win. This race may be a bit too short, the score is too lopsided, it's not like alex is making lots of mistakes.

Then again it could just be busty's superior break is gonna always give him an edge, even if they played 100 racks.

Prequel: didn't see a single shot of the match.

Have you ever seen Alex break 10 ball? I understand he was going second ball for a while but if he broke like 10 ball I don't think the score would have ever got to 19-10.
 
He seems to have figured out his 2nd ball break, he's hitting the ball seemingly more square, the rack is splattering wide open now. Below is an easy run from the 2nd ball break. Alex is rolling along, nowhere near giving up.

I'm not sure of the actual package, the commentator is saying only 5 where I'm counting 6, maybe one was a rack'n'run. Anyway as long as he keeps making a ball on the break, he can come back.

jH2v3BU.jpg


edit: jinx :/
 
Busty had a chance to run out but got out of line on a problem ball. Twice. I think going behind the back on these shots hurts him. Alex gets out and now we have a close ball game, 19-16.

What happened here is inexplicable... alex was having ugly racks and dry breaks from the left. So he switches to the right. First time he breaks from there he makes 5 balls and he's been successful since. So in this next crucial rack... he goes back to the left?!?

Dry break and now busty's running out. But suddenly, a miss... oh no~!
 
Yeah, I don't get the appeal of 8 ball. Definitely too easy for top players. I know the table is supposed to be "easier" now that the pockets are made bigger, but when's the last time you've seen an 8 pack on the TAR table when 10 ball was being played?

I think SVB ran an unfinished 7 pack against Alex on the tight table to close out the set.. that would be the last one I remember ...
 
Alex can't solve two balls that just have no pockets, finally misses after several attempts at them, and busty cleans up. 20 - 16 Busty.
 
Proves pro 8 ball is a joke and a half.

-roger

Which is exactly right as much as I like 8 ball it is too easy for them as is 9 ball. Countdown 8 ball would be interesting, you gotta run either the stripes or solid in rotation until the 8, 1-7 or 15-9 and the 8 wins the game. :smile:
 
a lil late but yes, the race was to twenty. Alex was surprised by that too... "what, that's it? If I'd known that I'd have quit stalling!"

8 pack + 5 pack doesn't mean 8 ball is too easy... shane did the same numbers with 10 ball. Sure, 8 ball is less challenging in general than 10b, but it's not so mindless there's no point in playing. A lot of those racks were real work. For example in the middle of busty's 8 pack he had to cut a ball on one side of the table and spin just right to nudge a cluster on the opposite side. He barely clipped it so it passed. If his shape was an inch off or he clips it but it still doesn't go, the package is done.

I would be interested though to see the break'n'run rate, it will probably be close to 80%.
 
Back
Top