Longest running 9ball tournament in the US.

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see barry claim that the US open is the longest running 9ball tournament but I also see the Texas Open started a couple of years before he did.

Just a fact, I have been to both and they are both worth the trip.
 
I see barry claim that the US open is the longest running 9ball tournament but I also see the Texas Open started a couple of years before he did.

Just a fact, I have been to both and they are both worth the trip.

Not only was that fact wrong he stated, now Matchroom has a press release about the incorrect things Barry said about them.

Makes me wonder what other "facts" he is incorrect about. :eek:
 
I see barry claim that the US open is the longest running 9ball tournament but I also see the Texas Open started a couple of years before he did.

Just a fact, I have been to both and they are both worth the trip.

Sometimes people do get details wrong, and there will always be somebody to point out the error of their ways. Memories do fail sometimes. I'm guilty of that. :embarrassed2:

Jose Parica once told me that he won the first world championship in Japan. I wrote that on this forum. Doug Gordon, who is extremely knowledgeable about world events, posted all the world championship tournaments and that Jose Parica had not won the first one.

I soon realized that due to the alphabet soup of pool acronyms and names of so-called "world tournaments" that Jose and Doug were both right. Jose did indeed win the first world championship, but it was before the tournaments of the WPA-ranked events.

This is why some folks are upset that Dragon Promotions is labeling their upcoming 14.1 tournament as a "world tournament," since it is not WPA ranked.

I read the Matchroom press release this morning about Barry's faux pas. I understand why they wanted to set the record straight. I also understand how easy it is to sometimes not have the facts straight when relaying your side of a position. Matchroom did the right thing. :smile:
 
I see barry claim that the US open is the longest running 9ball tournament but I also see the Texas Open started a couple of years before he did.

Just a fact, I have been to both and they are both worth the trip.

The Texas Open is the longest running. In fact I believe this year sep 2-5 will be the 39th
 
Back
Top